When was the last time we scored a touchdown on offense | The Boneyard

When was the last time we scored a touchdown on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice win today...solid effort by the defense! But the offense not scoring more than 3 points at a time is getting EXTREMELY old! By my count the last time we scored a touchdown on offense was in the fourth quarter against Western Michigan....which would be 7 quarters and counting.

Reaction Score
Nice win today...solid effort by the defense! But the offense not scoring more than 3 points at a time is getting EXTREMELY old! By my count the last time we scored a touchdown on offense was in the fourth quarter against Western Michigan....which would be 7 quarters and counting.
You are correct! This offense has to get some verticle passing down the field and stop these 3 yard passes over the line.How many times are we going to see 3'rd and 8 and have a receiver catch the ball only 3 yards off the line of scrimmage with a defender draped all over him?

Reaction Score
both teams had issues with conditions today. which is why attemps were down

Reaction Score

It used to be we counted games between offensive TD's. So I'd say we are improving if it's only quarters.

Reaction Score
And what's worse is this'll be UConn's offense next year too. Got to be the worst offense in college ball. Awful when a safety is 3rd on the team with two TD's after 7 games

Reaction Score
I just don't get why Nebrich isn't getting a shot? JMac cannot put the ball in the endzone.

Is Nebrich in PP doghouse?

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
JMac has put it in the endzone 6 times this year in 7 games. Not sure what some of you are referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Yeah...2 td's against Buffalo and 4 td's against Western Michigan.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And what's worse is this'll be UConn's offense next year too. Got to be the worst offense in college ball. Awful when a safety is 3rd on the team with two TD's after 7 games
At least you are consistent. You were thrilled after the WMU game because we passed for quite a few yards (the outcome of the game was irrelevant) and you are not happy at all with yesterday's results because we didn't throw for 350+ yards (but again, the outcome of the game was irrelevant).

Reaction Score
Do you people watch much football? Johnny Mac has zero I repeat Zero time to step back in the pocket and let recievers get downfield. Nobody would have that time with this line and our backs blocking. it has nothing to do with the QB. When Mac gets enough time he throws a good ball. 2. Our recievers have a tough time getting open with one on one coverage. 3. Even when we roll out Mac it seems like the other team knows whats coming because there is always a man waiting for Mac right where he is rolling to. It happens so often I swear our signals are stolen. Do I wish Mac was more mobile? of course. Do I wish he could pick up the blitz better? of course. but we dont have alot of options. hell even on the pass McCummings threw he dropped the snap and was lucky it didnt hit the ground but if he was playing all game you could count on anywhere between 3 or 5 fumbles. Mac is our QB that isnt going to change though it does look like htey are going to go with more wildcat unless its just something they saw in the USF defense.

Reaction Score
This team needs a mobile QB that they can roll the pocket around with. A guy who can extend plays with his legs...

If the line and McCombs could block, McEntee would be fine.
they can't, so I'd like to see us go in a different direction.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Let's see. He hits Isiah Moore in the hands on a play, if you paid attention to where the defenders were, that might well have gone for the distance. Moore drops the ball. McEntee sucks. From the 1 yard line, we can't run it in 3 times. McEntee is horrible. Maybe a little play action on first or second down there would have revealed how bad McEntee is when he would certainly have missed a wide open (you name the receiver). No, he isn't mobile, but he is getting protection that would have Michael Vick on the ground half the time. Maybe he isn't great at changing plays, but if you are seeing what I am seeing, he has typically had little time in the face of a blitz to get off even the quick sort of play that might get teams to stop blitzing 80% of the time.

He hasn't been picked in a while - I know he was lucky a few times yesterday - but he is a pretty accurate passer. I don't know exactly what either of the other two more mobile QBs have shown that makes anyone think they would be a vast improvement in our scoring machine. We don't even know how some of those early losses would have turned out had McEntee been more of a solo act and less of part of a three ring circus. The problems in scoring cannot be laid solely at his feet. BTW, did anyone notice how well that experienced, highly mobile USF QB did yesterday?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Cohenzone is absolutely correct. If Isaiah holds onto that ball, he has one USF guy to beat to the corner (and he had half a step on him in his route) and then he was gone. I think realizing how open he was and seeing the path to the end zone may have broken his concentration enough to cause the drop.

Reaction Score
I think realizing how open he was and seeing the path to the end zone may have broken his concentration enough to cause the drop.
LOL. How about "caused him to go into shock." Endzone!. Holy Crap! The rest is history.

Reaction Score
Yeah..that's why I put them up...win is a win...like I said...but after watching the game again on dvr...qb play was like ol play yesterday less than adequate. Why JJL is not in on 1st and goal from the 1 is beyond me. As many dropped int's as possible td passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom