When was the last time football and men's hoops were both this unwatchable? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When was the last time football and men's hoops were both this unwatchable?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Top five according to who? Someone's playing a joke on you and maybe a lot of UCONN fans. Assuming that Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, had better recruiting classes than UConn at 5, that would mean that UCONN had a better recruiting class than everyone else, uncluding every school in the Big Ten, Pac10, Big 12, SEC (except for Kentucky), and all the independents.
All those independent hoop teams get all the best players.

Reaction Score
i finished the football season turning the games off at halftime. Same thing is happening now with hoops. Has there been a worse school year for both sports like this recently?

I know we "still have Geno and the girls"....but it hasn't been fun lately to be a UConn fan.

"Now is the winter of our discontent..."

Reaction Score
In the 247 composite we were 8 last year and 20 currently this year. Don't talk about things that are clearly out of your reach. "Fallen off a cliff" lol
OK fine, let's put our heads in the sand and not smell the coffee or smell the conference that men's basketball is in. The AAC is a much better conference for football and that's why we are there for the time being, but it clearly has hurt recruiting in men's basketball. Maybe the recruiting services that ranked us 5, 8, or 20, used the same metrics that pollsters used to show Clinton leading Trump by 20 points in Wisconsin.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
OK fine, let's put our heads in the sand and not smell the coffee or smell the conference that men's basketball is in. The AAC is a much better conference for football and that's why we are there for the time being, but it clearly has hurt recruiting in men's basketball. Maybe the recruiting services that ranked us 5, 8, or 20, used the same metrics that pollsters used to show Clinton leading Trump by 20 points in Wisconsin.

So rather than admit that you have no idea what you're talking about, after being proven demonstrably, factually wrong, you'd rather double down on stupid. Figures you voted for Trump

Reaction Score
Dumb x 2 = DUMB

Reaction Score
58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

Reaction Score
In answer to thread question.
I thought in late 70's.
So, had to think back.
And look it up.
Tough to watch.
1977...... and 77-78 basketball.

At least this year you can point to injuries in hoops.

Football was 1 & 10
and MBB was 11& 15.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
In the 247 composite we were 8 last year and 20 currently this year. Don't talk about things that are clearly out of your reach. "Fallen off a cliff" lol
Exactly. And those numbers were higher before Jawan Durham was injured. I believe he was a top twenty recruit before the injury. Because he didn't play in the aau circuit pre UConn his numbers moved towards 35 I believe. The upcoming class took a severe hit when Zach Brown's offer was rescinded. Kid has demonstrated a lot of emotional problems. Prior to that the class was trending top ten. Prior to these two classes recruiting was bad but that has now been shown to be APR related. Although there still are a number of posters who need to ignore the impact of the APR.

Reaction Score
So rather than admit that you have no idea what you're talking about, after being proven demonstrably, factually wrong, you'd rather double down on stupid. Figures you voted for Trump
Facts???? What facts??? You show me what players UCONN recruited last year that made their freshman class top 5 in the country. Name them, without any conditions. Ok, @hole?

Reaction Score
It would be naive to think that conference realignment isn't hurting all sports except for Women hoops (at while Geno is here).
Watching Florida play (14-4) with talent. Wasn't too long ago we left them as roadkill: beat 'em twice in '13-'14, mass exodus of players from that Gator team, beat them again in '15, iconic coach, Billy Donovan leaves, and . . . yet they prosper and UConn flounders.

Reaction Score
It would be naive to think that conference realignment isn't hurting all sports except for Women hoops (at while Geno is here).
Watching Florida play (14-4) with talent. Wasn't too long ago we left them as roadkill: beat 'em twice in '13-'14, mass exodus of players from that Gator team, beat them again in '15, iconic coach, Billy Donovan leaves, and . . . yet they prosper and UConn flounders.
Part of my point is that the AAC is not that bad a football conference, but for men's basketball recruiting is a nightmare.

Reaction Score
It's been a horrid 2016-17 at UConn for football & men's hoops - no question. We just have to suck it up & deal with it. The hoops team is a mess, but should be much better next season when we're healthy again. Football is looking up again with Edsall back, so there's hope there too.

Not the end of the world . . . . . yet.

Reaction Score
It's been a horrid 2016-17 at UConn for football & men's hoops - no question. We just have to suck it up & deal with it. The hoops team is a mess, but should be much better next season when we're healthy again. Football is looking up again with Edsall back, so there's hope there too.

Not the end of the world . . . . . yet.
Final Four '14: National Champs, Uconn plus Florida, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Three teams still real good. Final Four '09: UNC, Michigan State, Villanova & UConn. Three teams still really good.

Reaction Score

Final Four '14: National Champs, Uconn plus Florida, Wisconsin & Kentucky. Three teams still real good. Final Four '09: UNC, Michigan State, Villanova & UConn. Three teams still really good.
Six teams still really good because they're still in really good conferences where coaches can sell the conference to recruits, UCONN is no longer in a good conference for men's basketball. For football, it's a decent conference, not great but OK, but the AAC for men's basketball recruiting is tough on coaches.

Reaction Score
In answer to thread question.
I thought in late 70's.
So, had to think back.
And look it up.
Tough to watch.
1977. and 77-78 basketball.

At least this year you can point to injuries in hoops.

Football was 1 & 10
and MBB was 11& 15.
Yes football back then was years away from the upgrade, but basketball the following year (78-79) UCONN went 21-8. In 79-80, the first year in the Big East, they were 4th or 5th in a very tough conference. 80-81 they were also good. Those were the Corny Thompson, Mike McKay, and Norman Baily years. They were really good and never embarrassed themselves against some really great Big East teams.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Its not just losing....its starting games completely flat and never having a chance. I was actually happy the football season was over...and I am pretty much there with basketball.

Oh....and I am a Jets fan. Sigh.
Join the club.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom