When was the last time football and men's hoops were both this unwatchable? | The Boneyard

When was the last time football and men's hoops were both this unwatchable?

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
i finished the football season turning the games off at halftime. Same thing is happening now with hoops. Has there been a worse school year for both sports like this recently?

I know we "still have Geno and the girls"....but it hasn't been fun lately to be a UConn fan.

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
I would hate to be a senior at school. Can only go up from here..

Reaction Score
i finished the football season turning the games off at halftime. Same thing is happening now with hoops. Has there been a worse school year for both sports like this recently?

I know we "still have Geno and the girls"....but it hasn't been fun lately to be a UConn fan.
2014 football combined with 2014-15 basketball.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
At least 2014-2015 basketball was a Ryan Boatright 3 from making the tournament before SMU hit some foul shots to close us out. Things don't look quite so rosey this year.
Yeah..that team won 20 games. This year...not so much. Also....they are much more painful to watch.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

Agree! I couldn't help being a tool and posting in BB forum about the blame game. All the drop-it guys guys posting here a couple months back. I watch every men's and women's bball game, but I can't imagine kicking them when they're down over there.

Guessing we all have next year to look forward to...for different reasons.

Reaction Score
Aside from Geno and his team I guess Hockey will have to do, and hopefully Baseball to get us to football season.

Reaction Score
Its totally demoralizing in person its way worse, I went to the Temple football game and Houston basketball game beer wasn't enough to get through it, it was horrible.

Hats off to you. Those are a rough 2 games.

Reaction Score
Aside from Geno and his team I guess Hockey will have to do, and hopefully Baseball to get us to football season.
Have you been paying attention to how inconsistent the hockey team is? The baseball program probably plays more stable at the moment.

If we beat Sacred Heart, AIC, etc, in hockey, we'd probably be ranked or getting votes.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Its totally demoralizing in person its way worse, I went to the Temple football game and Houston basketball game beer wasn't enough to get through it, it was horrible.

Its not just losing....its starting games completely flat and never having a chance. I was actually happy the football season was over...and I am pretty much there with basketball.

Oh....and I am a Jets fan. Sigh.

Reaction Score
Luckily NBCSN had Curling match USA vs China on at the same time.

Reaction Score
Have you been paying attention to how inconsistent the hockey team is? The baseball program probably plays more stable at the moment.

If we beat Sacred Heart, AIC, etc, in hockey, we'd probably be ranked or getting votes.

I dont know to much about hock

I dont know too much about college hockey but I have been paying attention.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I will add that RE has made me optimistic that football is on the upswing. The jury is out if he can get recruiting back on track but I am hopeful. I am not as confident with Ollie. Something is not right with that coaching staff...not sure if it is Ollie or the coaches around him, but there appears to be fundamental issues the last couple years.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
The jury is out if he can get recruiting back on track but I am hopeful. I am not as confident with Ollie. Something is not right with that coaching staff...not sure if it is Ollie or the coaches around him, but there appears to be fundamental issues the last couple years.

Ollie's biggest problem is that he isn't as good of a coach as Calhoun. Of course, neither is all but one coach in the last 50 years

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Ollie's biggest problem is that he isn't as good of a coach as Calhoun. Of course, neither is all but one coach in the last 50 years

While I agree...that isn't the only issue. I am not expecting him to be Calhoun...but...i do think a team starting 3 seniors (granted a depleted team) should score more than 15 points in a half like they did last night.

I didn't post that comment in this thread to start an "is Ollie good enough" debate.....just wanted to say that despite the fact that the football and men's hoops programs were and are horrible this year....i am optimistic for football...but the jury is out for basketball.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Hockey plays to the level of their competition. We are the ranked-team-killers but lose to AHA opponents on the reg. Frustrating.

Reaction Score
Hockey plays to the level of their competition. We are the ranked-team-killers but lose to AHA opponents on the reg. Frustrating.
Basketball has always been like that. Of course we used to play top competition all of the time, in the AAC we do not.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
I was at the game last night at SMU. There were some high points, however none were game related. The local UConn alumni here in Dallas had a great pre-game reception at the George W. Bush presidential library with President Herbst, who sat down at our table and talked with my wife and I for quite some time. What a terrific lady and leader of our university! Very impressed. We also had a chance to meet some of her staff and other alums which was great, too.

Reaction Score
I will add that RE has made me optimistic that football is on the upswing. The jury is out if he can get recruiting back on track but I am hopeful. I am not as confident with Ollie. Something is not right with that coaching staff...not sure if it is Ollie or the coaches around him, but there appears to be fundamental issues the last couple years.
I'm not as worried about football recruiting as I am about mens basketball recruiting. It's fallen off a cliff the last few years, before that even Storrs got its share of big time recruiting visits. We didn't get them all but we got a few. We also don't recruit the same types of kids anymore, big physical dominant post players like Josh Boone, Ed Nelson, Jake Voskul, Hilton Armstrong, Emeka, Jeff Adrian, Toraino Walker. Great guards like AJ, Marcus Williams, Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon, Ray Allen, Khalid El-Amin. Scorers like Donyell, Rip, Rudy Gay, Caron Butler, Charlie V, Jeremy Lamb, and many I'm forgetting. Players like that don't even give UCONN a look now.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not as worried about football recruiting as I am about mens basketball recruiting. It's fallen off a cliff the last few years, before that even Storrs got its share of big time recruiting visits. We didn't get them all but we got a few. We also don't recruit the same types of kids anymore, big physical dominant post players like Josh Boone, Ed Nelson, Jake Voskul, Hilton Armstrong, Emeka, Jeff Adrian, Toraino Walker. Great guards like AJ, Marcus Williams, Kemba Walker, Ben Gordon, Ray Allen, Khalid El-Amin. Scorers like Donyell, Rip, Rudy Gay, Caron Butler, Charlie V, Jeremy Lamb, and many I'm forgetting. Players like that don't even give UCONN a look now.
This years class was top five in nation until Durham tore an ACL and dropped in rankings. Next years class was top ten until they withdrew Zach Brown's scholarship. APR sanctions killed recruiting for a couple years.

Reaction Score
This years class was top five in nation until Durham tore an ACL and dropped in rankings. Next years class was top ten until they withdrew Zach Brown's scholarship. APR sanctions killed recruiting for a couple years.

Top five according to who? Someone's playing a joke on you and maybe a lot of UCONN fans. Assuming that Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, had better recruiting classes than UConn at 5, that would mean that UCONN had a better recruiting class than everyone else, uncluding every school in the Big Ten, Pac10, Big 12, SEC (except for Kentucky), and all the independents.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Top five according to who? Someone's playing a joke on you and maybe a lot of UCONN fans. Assuming that Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, had better recruiting classes than UConn at 5, that would mean that UCONN had a better recruiting class than everyone else, uncluding every school in the Big Ten, Pac10, Big 12, SEC (except for Kentucky), and all the independents.

In the 247 composite we were 8 last year and 20 currently this year. Don't talk about things that are clearly out of your reach. "Fallen off a cliff" lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom