When Paige Goes Does Geno Go | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When Paige Goes Does Geno Go

Reaction Score
Geno will hang it up when he feels like he has nothing left to offer and his health is good. As many have posted he has zero left to prove and his legacy is solid regardless of what he does from here on out. From a succession point of view I would like to see CD take the team over for a couple of years to soften the loss of Geno on the sideline. No other coach will be able to handle the expectations after Geno and having another person have success will really help whoever the long term solution happens to be.

Reaction Score
Jana was going to be a role player this year either way. She has skills but to think she was going to be the heart and soul of this years team is foolish. If they have Paige, Azzi and Edwards healthy they are better than any other team in the country. You add the defense of Nika and the rest of the cast and you have maybe one of the best UCONN teams ever.
Right. Same thing happened to Paige. She was only a freshman. You'd have to have been foolish to think she'd would have garnered all the national awards. Wrong! Breanna was recognized while in HS that she was very special and would develop to a superstar. Jana had the stuff, Geno admitted she was highly skilled. The sky was the limit and that was snuffed out by her injury. To say it was mere bloviation that Jana could not achieve a level of greatness her first year is pure bunko. As a high schooler I was headed for basketball immortality until my lack of talent showed through. I was exposed as a charlatan and that was the end of my dreams. Jana has the stuff and we'll see next year if I'm correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom