When do tickets go on sale for Albany? | The Boneyard

When do tickets go on sale for Albany?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
This was a great season. I loved each and every minute of it except for the last second of the last game. The wonderful Huskies gave us something special to root for and showed the beauty of their individual personalties. It was a great ride.

Now as I savor the memories and watch the boneyard argue about potential starters over the next seven months, it's time to plan for next year. Who else is coming the regionals in Albany?

Reaction Score
The heck with the regionals. When do FF tickets go on sale?:D

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This was a great season. I loved each and every minute of it except for the last second of the last game. The wonderful Huskies gave us something special to root for and showed the beauty of their individual personalties. It was a great ride.

Now as I savor the memories and watch the boneyard argue about potential starters over the next seven months, it's time to plan for next year. Who else is coming the regionals in Albany?
Me! And my husband as well as my friend Kathy and her husband.

I'll tell you what - we'll have some kind of Boneyard get-together, maybe supply some appetizers. We had a little something last time the Regionals were in Albany but it was kind of last minute. Got to think on this.

Reaction Score
me, too. a pain to be so far from home. will likely stay in Albany over the weekend (assuming a Sat win) and my wife won't be able to go. No offense to Albanians, but not a place I usually think of as exciting. But there is Saratoga Springs! And Cooperstown should not be overlooked. Great museum, interesting restaurants, and, of course, the baseball HoF.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I've actually checked the Times-Union website yesterday and so far no mention, but living 35 minutes away I will certainly be there. Also looking forward to Brenda or some other coach complaining about UConn fans buying up all the tickets in advance. :)

Reaction Score
My wife and I already discussed this. We are going.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Don't regional tickets usually go on sale in October?

Reaction Score
Bags,
There may be a lot to do that weekend if we're lucky. Downtown Albany has two potential concert spots, the Egg and the Palace theatre. Proctors is in Schenectady and has concerts and traveling Broadway shows. UAlbany's lax team is playing now and is good this year and should continue to be next year. They score a lot and have one of the best players in the country, Connor Fields. The boxing hall of fame is about an hour and a half away. Saratoga is Saratoga. Horse Racing HOF, etc..

Reaction Score
I was reading this and thinking about plans for next year and then I realized something. By this time next year, my second, and last, child will know where he is going to college. That spooked me more than just a little. I started frequenting these message boards when I was in graduate school in the mid 90s. That was over 20 years ago! Damn time flies. So much has happened since then in just my simple little life alone, never mind the world. I have shared it all with the UConn community in its various forms over the years going back to the Hartford courant board and Brett's listserv. Two children being born, the eldest of which a member of Brett's listserv helped name, my mother's passing, both of my in-laws passing, my eldest graduating high school, job changes and relocations and so on. And we lost some great members of the UConn fan family going back to some of the originals on that listserv like Annie and Jack. Bittersweet.

Reaction Score
me, too. a pain to be so far from home. will likely stay in Albany over the weekend (assuming a Sat win) and my wife won't be able to go. No offense to Albanians, but not a place I usually think of as exciting. But there is Saratoga Springs! And Cooperstown should not be overlooked. Great museum, interesting restaurants, and, of course, the baseball HoF.

I will be going. Born and raised there. Live an hour north. True enough, it's not Manhattan or Boston, but there are things to do. The NYState Museum is a short walk from the arena; Museum of History and Art a bit farther away. State Capitol. There are some decent-to-excellent restaurants, colleges nearby (UAlbany, Siena). Lots of shopping, especially in the suburbs, which are not at all far away. Movies. For the outdoorsy folks, Albany is surrounded, at varying distances, by the Berkshires (east), Heldebergs (west/south), Catskills (south), and Adirondacks (all easily drivable on the day between the games!). Ski areas in the Catskills and Adirondacks as well as spectacular scenery. Havent thought about hotels there in a while. The Omni is downtown and walkable to the arena, but a bit pricey. The usual ones on the outskirts. I am likely forgetting about other interesting/helpful info, but there's some of it.

And when DO tickets go on sale?:)

Reaction Score
Ad a point of teference, I was looking into 2018 final four and sent email to NCAA. .. They said tickets normally go on sale for FF about 2 weeks after this year's event... maybe it will be similar for Regionals. When do UCONN home game tickets go on sale for next season???

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I will be going. Born and raised there. Live an hour north. True enough, it's not Manhattan or Boston, but there are things to do. The NYState Museum is a short walk from the arena; Museum of History and Art a bit farther away. State Capitol. There are some decent-to-excellent restaurants, colleges nearby (UAlbany, Siena). Lots of shopping, especially in the suburbs, which are not at all far away. Movies. For the outdoorsy folks, Albany is surrounded, at varying distances, by the Berkshires (east), Heldebergs (west/south), Catskills (south), and Adirondacks (all easily drivable on the day between the games!). Ski areas in the Catskills and Adirondacks as well as spectacular scenery. Havent thought about hotels there in a while. The Omni is downtown and walkable to the arena, but a bit pricey. The usual ones on the outskirts. I am likely forgetting about other interesting/helpful info, but there's some of it.

And when DO tickets go on sale?:)
For folks that do genealogy, the NY State Archives are in Albany and are a treasure trove.

Reaction Score
Sounds like fun. I grew up in Lake George area and did my undergraduate in Albany area. I go back several times a year to see my mom who is in her eighties. I have not stopped off in Albany for almost 35 years.

Reaction Score
Love everybody's enthusiasm, but I'm still coming down from this express-train of an unexpected winning season. Does this mean WCBB has expanded parity? Will the SEC rule? Is the PAC 12 really legit? What does Muffet have up her sleeve? It'll play out but have fun at the regionals and the final four. Go UCONN.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lombardo's Restaurant is a 3rd generation Italian eatery within walking distance of the Times-Union Center. My wife and I ate their after the Huskies buried TX in the Sweet 16 game 2 years ago and it is outstanding. But don't take my word for it. As we were being seated at our table, sitting at a nearby table along with the former AD and family members was Geno, and Geno knows where all the great Italian restaurants are.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Sounds like fun. I grew up in Lake George area and did my undergraduate in Albany area. I go back several times a year to see my mom who is in her eighties. I have not stopped off in Albany for almost 35 years.
I miss Frontier Town.

Reaction Score
About a month ago , I was looking thru digitized slides from the 50s ,60s and 70s. There are pictures from Frontier town.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Me! And my husband as well as my friend Kathy and her husband.

I'll tell you what - we'll have some kind of Boneyard get-together, maybe supply some appetizers. We had a little something last time the Regionals were in Albany but it was kind of last minute. Got to think on this.
Is Fishy your husband?

Reaction Score
Well, think harder! Albany is a stones throw from the Catskills, Adirondacks, Berkshires and Green mountains, 20 minutes from the SPAC and race track and 60 minutes from Tanglewood, within spitting distance of RPI, Union and Skidmore colleges, has two world class entertainment venues in the Palace and Proctors, a thriving club and restaurant culture, is home to the one of the most historically important riverways in the world (Erie Canal) and has a moderate climate because of its location in a river valley. To paraphrase the great Red Smith, only boring people would find Albany boring. (Disclosure; I live there, choosing it over everywhere else)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well, think harder! Albany is a stones throw from the Catskills, Adirondacks, Berkshires and Green mountains, 20 minutes from the SPAC and race track and 60 minutes from Tanglewood, within spitting distance of RPI, Union and Skidmore colleges, has two world class entertainment venues in the Palace and Proctors, a thriving club and restaurant culture, is home to the one of the most historically important riverways in the world (Erie Canal) and has a moderate climate because of its location in a river valley. To paraphrase the great Red Smith, only boring people would find Albany boring. (Disclosure; I live there, choosing it over everywhere else)
I sure hope the Albany Chamber of Commerce is paying you...;)

Reaction Score
I knew all that. I was just trying to see if you did, too. :). Seriously, I did note Saratoga Springs (Skidmore); and Tanglewood is shut in April. But I really appreciate the rest, and Albany's centrally located to some of the most interesting places in the Northeast. Looking forward to spending time (and tourist dollars) in your fair city! (By the way, a great wine store there that ships: Empire.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom