When did the Boneyard become VolNation? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

When did the Boneyard become VolNation?

Reaction Score
And I repeat: We should care what folks on other boards think why? I hear about trolls all the time, and I have heard stories about some people -- true trolls -- who years ago took off after particular UConn players and said hurtful things and were banned from the board because they were trolls. As for this OP, if that is what qualifies as being a troll these days, I think we're getting a touch too sensitive. This board has always welcomed folks who are fans of other teams, and given the fun we make of them, I'm pretty sure we can stand their making fun of us when times get tough for us. My humble suggestions to those who worry about such stuff: suck it up, grow a pair and by taking the high road continue to make this board the best in WCBB, which I believe it must be.

Just my humble opinion.
Well since you are not overly sensitive and obviously have grown a "Pair", I think that's the most idiotic statement I have ever read.
I have never read a CT BYer make fun of other teams players , coaches or teams. If they have, please give us an example. By the way, I read McGraws Bench and Volnation, and they are mostly respectful with a few overtly negative posters.
Maybe I am old fashion, but when you are guest in another's home, I believe there should be proper behavior. The OP on this post has posted lots of negative posts, not just this one.

Reaction Score
OK............on wards and upwards................we are all so lucky that we can occasionally second guess a coach that wins championships and always goes deep into the big tournament while those poor Tennessee fans have to suffer and complain on a daily basis...............really sorry but no comparison at all between the two programs or forums.............enough said

Reaction Score
Well since you are not overly sensitive and obviously have grown a "Pair", I think that's the most idiotic statement I have ever read.
I have never read a CT BYer make fun of other teams players , coaches or teams. If they have, please give us an example. By the way, I read McGraws Bench and Volnation, and they are mostly respectful with a few overtly negative posters.
Maybe I am old fashion, but when you are guest in another's home, I believe there should be proper behavior. The OP on this post has posted lots of negative posts, not just this one.

I think the moderators could cite cases of a small number people on this board -- before my time, but real cases -- who were all over certain UConn players. And at various times, I have seen ND players (Mabry for one, and Mabry before her) called out for faking fouls and flopping, in terms that were less than complimentary. I have seen Tennessee players called out for a variety of things. Diamond DeShields, for crying out loud, was excoriated on this board for both her work ethic and her lack of team play. And the Syracuse players in that infamous game in which, during the handshake line, a Syracuse player chose to try to trip Geno. The BY didn't go after her much, now did it?

The point isn't whether these critiques are valid. IMHO many of them are. I joined in some of them, generally in less inflammatory terms than some others. But the critiques were, by and large were toughly worded and condemnatory. And what have people called Muffet on this board? I don't remember specifics, but as I recall it, it was a play on her name. In other words, someone was making fun of her. What have people said about Holly Warlick? Or C Vivian Stringer back when UConn-Rutgers was the rivalry du jour?

I don't know if this is accurate or not, but the BY says you joined in February 2017. No wonder you don't know about these things. It appears you simply weren't here.

Reaction Score
I am not trying to put you on the spot, talking about how a player plays, ie "Flopping", lack of effort...is not making fun of someone, its a basketball discussion. If someone calls out someones appearance, nationality, religion, etc...should be taken down by the mods. ( Muffets name is silly, lol)
However, me pointing out that ND or Tenn fans rubbing a painful loss in our face, and that those people should be ignored,should not ruffle any feathers.

Reaction Score
The OP on this thread, is a Tenn women's basketball fan, who comes on this board to troll real UCONN womens basketball fans.
After we have a rare loss, especially a painful one, these trolls and provocateurs, come on our board to rub it in.
The negativity on VolNation, is about the poor coaching of Holly W and the success of Geno and our UConn womens team.
Just ignore them.

Luckily we only have to deal with this once a year. I will say it was very quiet during the 111 win streak! :rolleyes:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I am not trying to put you on the spot, talking about how a player plays, ie "Flopping", lack of effort...is not making fun of someone, its a basketball discussion. If someone calls out someones appearance, nationality, religion, etc...should be taken down by the mods. ( Muffets name is silly, lol)
However, me pointing out that ND or Tenn fans rubbing a painful loss in our face, and that those people should be ignored,should not ruffle any feathers.
Just because you haven’t seen things mean they don’t exist?

Reaction Score
Just because you haven’t seen things mean they don’t exist?
well, thats why I asked for examples. If one is suggesting the BY is a "nastier" place than the other mentioned forums or is becoming one because of one loss; I don't see that.

Reaction Score
First of all, why is a TN fan allowed to come onto a UConn forum and criticize (insult) UConn fans? Second, maybe seeing ref bias for ND (or anti-Geno) for so long has people cranky. Third, while I think the Geno criticisms are often ignorant and way overdone, he isn't god and does make mistakes. I am OK with people questioning him and I am OK with people calling out those whose criticisms are absurd, as they often are. Geno may make mistakes but he is still the best of all time and you have trust that the man is right more often than not.

Reaction Score
To the moderator that dinged me for a personal attack, you should actually take the spirit of the thread and then consider that my post was so outrageous that it had to be sarcasm.... or I had gone insane. At the very least, we should be able to message you directly rather than address this incident like this.Head bang

To JordyG, I hope you weren't offended by my post and took it in the spirit in which it was intended... purely sarcastic. :)

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Let me start by adding my opinion to some of the opinions already posted here. This thread sucks.

The Mods have made it clear that posters of all fan bases are welcome here as long as they are considerate that this is a Uconn board. They, non Uconn fans, add perspective that is missing from other forums and make this board a more interesting place. I have no idea as to whether SVCB is a Tenn fan or not. And I don't care. It would be nice if all posters identified there home team in there avatar or motto, most of the good ones do, or make it clear in their postings. But it is not required. Witch hunts are nasty things, they tend to bite you in the ass.

I take a backseat to no one (except meyers7, nobody beats him in this category) in my utter disdain for Tennessee. But I respect most of the Tenn posters. I'll just leave it at that. If any poster is a Troll it becomes known to all eventually.

And it is possible to be very familiar with the history of this board with a recent join date. I've been lurking on this board for more than 10 years before I became active.

There is no humor in this thread, there is no education in this thread, so I'll just go away now.

Reaction Score
Never, but it will hopefully never be a place where other teams fans can get away with trying to make excuses for obvious events and actions that seem to completely benefit their team and clearly affect ours. We are UCONN .... HUSKIES.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The tourney loss was a temporary downer. For about an hour. But the current mood on this board is an ongoing downer, and can push loyal members away. Perhaps it already has.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
To the moderator that dinged me for a personal attack, you should actually take the spirit of the thread and then consider that my post was so outrageous that it had to be sarcasm.... or I had gone insane. At the very least, we should be able to message you directly rather than address this incident like this.Head bang

To JordyG, I hope you weren't offended by my post and took it in the spirit in which it was intended... purely sarcastic. :)
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #1: Private messaging

The link to the Learning the Boneyard series is tacked to the top of the board.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let me start by adding my opinion to some of the opinions already posted here. This thread sucks.

The Mods have made it clear that posters of all fan bases are welcome here as long as they are considerate that this is a Uconn board. They, non Uconn fans, add perspective that is missing from other forums and make this board a more interesting place. I have no idea as to whether SVCB is a Tenn fan or not. And I don't care. It would be nice if all posters identified there home team in there avatar or motto, most of the good ones do, or make it clear in their postings. But it is not required. Witch hunts are nasty things, they tend to bite you in the ass.

I take a backseat to no one (except meyers7, nobody beats him in this category) in my utter disdain for Tennessee. But I respect most of the Tenn posters. I'll just leave it at that. If any poster is a Troll it becomes known to all eventually.

And it is possible to be very familiar with the history of this board with a recent join date. I've been lurking on this board for more than 10 years before I became active.

There is no humor in this thread, there is no education in this thread, so I'll just go away now.
giphy.gif

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I have no idea as to whether SVCB is a Tenn fan or not. And I don't care. It would be nice if all posters identified there home team in there avatar or motto, most of the good ones do, or make it clear in their postings.

Have a look at my avatar. At the time I created this thread my avatar clearly contained Kia and Gabby. Anyone who thought I was a TENN fan, they are ... well ... pity the offspring. :rolleyes::D

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

SVCB isnt a TENN fan....... its ludicrous that was even up for debate in this thread. For the record... Im not a Vol fan either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom