When Brimah came in with 7 minutes to go in the first half he completely changed the game. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

When Brimah came in with 7 minutes to go in the first half he completely changed the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
You are a bit tougher on him than I, but you always have a good hunk of objectivity about AB (even the the Women's team!) Some others just don't seem to like him. You seem to realize that his rebounding difficulties can be attributed to the fact that he is only 5'10":cool:

Reaction Score
You are a bit tougher on him than I, but you always have a good hunk of objectivity about AB (even the the Women's team!) Some others just don't seem to like him. You seem to realize that his rebounding difficulties can be attributed to the fact that he is only 5'10":cool:

LOL, he's not 7' that's for sure :eek: (he does rebound like he's 5'10 on occasion flat footed)

I like the kid I really do, a lot who wouldn't. Want him (need him to as a fan) to succeed in the game and life, he's a Husky and loves to be one it's obvious. But you have to look past that when trying to access his game. I've said multiple times we are okay with him at center even as is there are much worst. But there are so many better and in his position, he can make Miller, Facey even Enoch a lot better if he was improving to a noticeable point. It's safe to say with the additions (who both need to play more consistent also) if he improved another level or 2 we'd be a Top 10 team we all had hopes of that? Tuesday is a chance to throw a crow or 2 in my spewing hole, I'm hoping.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes, I thought he would be a star by now (originally) He has 1 excellent part to his game. The other parts are improving slower than I hoped. I hope it all comes togrther.

Reaction Score
The guy is n elite shot blocker and changer and AAC Defensive Player of the Year.

But I guess the eye test is more important.
Other coaches in the league obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Reaction Score
It's always the guy propping up the losing argument that relies on some vague "eye test" completely divorced from objective information.
Or "guts." That one always gets me. Is there anything more subjective and immeasurable than positing what someone is thinking or feeling inside their head?

Reaction Score
Come on TZ. We were having a Christmas moment!

We "were" having a Christmas moment. Guess the numbers aren't good enough:rolleyes:

But AB does have guts I will give him that just wished they were in his head.;)

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
LOL, he's not 7' that's for sure :eek: (he does rebound like he's 5'10 on occasion flat footed)

I like the kid I really do, a lot who wouldn't. Want him (need him to as a fan) to succeed in the game and life, he's a Husky and loves to be one it's obvious. But you have to look past that when trying to access his game. I've said multiple times we are okay with him at center even as is there are much worst. But there are so many better and in his position, he can make Miller, Facey even Enoch a lot better if he was improving to a noticeable point. It's safe to say with the additions (who both need to play more consistent also) if he improved another level or 2 we'd be a Top 10 team we all had hopes of that? Tuesday is a chance to throw a crow or 2 in my spewing hole, I'm hoping.

One thing we do know is that he's enough to win a National Championship, provided the pieces around him are reaching their potential. Definitely have a better front court than 2014 (though obv no Shabazz/Boat)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My evaluation of AB is based on the Gonzago game. He was terrific the first five minutes of that game and all of the second half except the first three minutes. Gonzaga has a quality front court and AB more than held his own on both ends of the courts for a good part of the time he played.

I had question marks about his ability to know when to rebound versus when to block coming into this season. I saw changes in the earlier games but that was against mostly cupcakes. Gonzaga is not a cupcake. I'm hoping he becomes more consistent. I have confidence he will.

Reaction Score
My evaluation of AB is based on the Gonzago game. He was terrific the first five minutes of that game and all of the second half except the first three minutes. Gonzaga has a quality front court and AB more than held his own on both ends of the courts for a good part of the time he played.

I had question marks about his ability to know when to rebound versus when to block coming into this season. I saw changes in the earlier games but that was against mostly cupcakes. Gonzaga is not a cupcake. I'm hoping he becomes more consistent. I have confidence he will.

Sorry fleudy watched it at home with rewind, I'm afraid Mrs Flued had you drinking whacky stuff to have this evaluation. Seriously he wasn't bad but he wasn't terrific at all of the 2nd half. Terrific is crazy, not sure he's ever been that but he wasn't bad, the best I can say - he's had worst.

Reaction Score
Objective info posted. Take 18 points, 7 rebounds and 9 blocks vs Maine out of the equation and then tell me who's losing?;)

Not here to win anything or prove anything, I just want more form our 5 who is now a junior. Upon fans should want more too because we're used to it. Tough love, this isn't a first for any one player.
Take away a good performance and he is less good. Brilliant.

And you do realize it's only fair to do that to Brimah if you take away every other players' good numbers against a cupcake, like taking away Adams stats against SH. It is a ridiculous to do.

If you take away all Barry Sanders long runs, he has a much lower yards per carry. Great stuff.

Reaction Score
Take away a good performance and he is less good. Brilliant.

Wow that's why you're not too good at this stuff. Take away that nice performance against an awful team of 6'5 and less people and you have a fairly awful rest of your games. Would you like to run over them one by one, it that easier?

I'll tell you what we do, let's see how he steps up against the terrapins then we'll talk. I am hoping you can rub it in my face I really am. These are the games we need him to become more special and this is not a big front line so he should be able to. Carter is a PF and Stone is young so this is a test yet he should be able to do some stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc