What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement?

What's your prediction for the Big 12 expansion announcement?

• Expand by 2 UConn included

• Expand by 2 without UConn

• Expand by 4 UConn included

• Expand by 4 without UConn

• Does not expand gets ESPN payoff

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
So the numbers (I think I saw) of $25 mill per team or $100 mill times 8 years is not true?

That number is right, but some of that would go to the new teams. I assume $10 million per school per year. If the Big 12 wanted to be greedy, maybe they keep $20 million per new school and only give $5 to the new school.

Reaction Score
UConn hoops and Olympic sports(hockey included) to B1g in 2018. Football in 2024.
I will take it one step further. UConn vs MSU, at MSG, for B1g Championship that March. Tickets will go for 5x face value.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My prediction: ESPN and Fox pay the Big 12 $50MM+ more per year and eliminate the pro rata clause from the Big 12 contract.

No teams added.
At this point I'd take this outcome.....if the AAC can hold together until the Big 12 GOR ends, we'll be in good shape, IMO. The AAC isn't a terrible conference so if everyone is still stuck in it, it gives football enough time to rebound and prosper. I know money will be tight but it will be the same for all the prospective P5 schools.

I'm just not getting a warm fuzzy over us to the Big 12. I'd gladly take nothing happening.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I feel like as fans we have been putting major money down in the past with a 9 and an ace only to see the dealer (conferences) come up with two kings and an ace. This time we are holding, like, a 16 and just praying Memphis, who's sitting next to us, doesn't draw a six or less as they're sitting there with a 15.

After that long analogy, I guess I'm just saying I'm not optimistic.
Where do you gamble? Dealer stands at 20. Push.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is a battle for 2026 - will the conf decide to take the best pieces for a max media deal in 2026 that are left on the board now or fold. Unfortunately I think they go with just two schools and tell others to keep at it as they may add again ahead of 2026. I don't have a good feeling.

Reaction Score
Exposure is overrated, UConn is running an athletic department with champagne taste on a beer budget

I guarantee out athletic department would rather be making the same money in the Big XII as they are in the AAC. Just having the "P5" status next to your name is worth more than any cash

Reaction Score
This is a battle for 2026 - will the conf decide to take the best pieces for a max media deal in 2026 that are left on the board now or fold. Unfortunately I think they go with just two schools and tell others to keep at it as they may add again ahead of 2026. I don't have a good feeling.
If expansion happens it will be by 4, money is too much to overlook if you're Big 12

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Exposure is overrated, UConn is running an athletic department with champagne taste on a beer budget
We also need to cut sports that are not major or olympic that will still leave us over the minimum and compliant with Title IX (men's and women's cross country, men's golf, men's and women's tennis). Every little bit helps.

Reaction Score
I guarantee out athletic department would rather be making the same money in the Big XII as they are in the AAC. Just having the "P5" status next to your name is worth more than any cash

"A Dime Back reached out to UConn and the AAC and learned that in 2014-15 (its most recent year on record), the conference paid UConn $10,560,662. That’s less than half of what ACC schools took home based on the three factors alone, and it’s even worse than it looks. Reason being: a significant portion of that check (how much exactly, we’re not sure), comes from exit fees that schools that abandoned the Big East are still paying. Eventually, that money will dry up and UConn will fall even further behind.

It’s that overwhelming margin that makes a Power 5 invite crucial to UConn’s long-term survival. It can get by for now in the AAC, but eventually that gap will widen to an insurmountable margin. We’ll see teams woo recruits with nicer practice facilities and arenas. We’ll see them pay for better coaches. We’ll see everything about the Power 5 college experience improve to the point where no one else can keep pace."

Reaction Score
I feel like as fans we have been putting major money down in the past with a 9 and an ace only to see the dealer (conferences) come up with two kings and an ace. This time we are holding, like, a 16 and just praying Memphis, who's sitting next to us, doesn't draw a six or less as they're sitting there with a 15.

After that long analogy, I guess I'm just saying I'm not optimistic.

Wait, how would the dealer ever get two kings and an ace?

Dealer: K + A = 21 can't hit
Dealer: K + K = 20, can't hit, can't split

Reaction Score
I understand the numbers but for the long term we're better off taking a hair cut in the Big XII than we are staying in an AAC that doesn't have Cinci/Houston/UCF etc.
Because of the money...

Reaction Score
Because of the money...
lol no, it's not just the money. The media created a divide in college sports as soon as they coined the phrase Power Five. We are seeing it first hand how this is killing our national reputation.

Reaction Score
lol no, it's not just the money. The media created a divide in college sports as soon as they coined the phrase Power Five. We are seeing it first hand how this is killing our national reputation.
if you say so

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wait, how would the dealer ever get two kings and an ace?

Dealer: K + A = 21 can't hit
Dealer: K + K = 20, can't hit, can't split

Yeah, someone else mentioned that. I don't gamble and tried using an analogy in an area I don't even understand. Epic fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom