OT: - What's your favorite talent show performance? | The Boneyard

OT: What's your favorite talent show performance?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I see frequent posts here about songs, so I figure I post it here before moving it to the entertainment board.

I've never watched any of those shows, but this popped up when I was watching a different YouTube video.

I've never seen a kid have so much fun on stage, and be this good. It's gotta be an incredible rush to perform in front of a crowd that's so much into your performance.

I have no idea how he did in the competition, but this is awesome.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Like you, I have never watched any talent type show, in fact with the exception of American Chopper, I have never watched a "reality" type show either.
However, some of the talent has shown up in my YouTube searches and one just fascinated me: Darci Lynne Farmer, a singing ventriloquist! Being a good/great singer is one thing but doing it as a ventriloquist, AMAZING!!! I believe she was the season winner of whatever show she was on.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Like you, I have never watched any talent type show, in fact with the exception of American Chopper, I have never watched a "reality" type show either.
However, some of the talent has shown up in my YouTube searches and one just fascinated me: Darci Lynne Farmer, a singing ventriloquist! Being a good/great singer is one thing but doing it as a ventriloquist, AMAZING!!! I believe she was the season winner of whatever show she was on.

I saw that one this morning. It can't be watched with a tear in your eye at the end. Didn't she win?

Reaction Score
One more, and she won it the year she participated. An interesting side note.
It's amazing how many participants in foreign countries sing songs in English.
If you sing a Zeppelin or motown song, you're in

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I saw that one this morning. It can't be watched with a tear in your eye at the end. Didn't she win?
Yes, she did win the Grand Prize (or whatever it is called). It was America's Got Talent.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
There's a new Gong Show. It's absolutely awful. I liked the old one. So stupid it was funny.
Agree 100% with your comment!!! Loved Jaye P. Morgan!!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It makes for a nice show, but it looks like everyone was going to vote for her anyway.
From my very limited knowledge of the show, during the audition stage, all judges have say "yes" in order for the performers to move on to the next round. This keeps repeating (no idea how many rounds there are) until the point where the shows are live and they have semifinals and the final. But with the Golden Buzzer (each judge can only give one), the performers are elevated to the live shows and have a bye while the other performers have to make it through several rounds. I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom