What's Up with Moriah? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What's Up with Moriah?

Reaction Score
This is standard procedure for every other pro league. We're not talking about confidential information, but simply the physical status of players in a league based on physical performance. The NFL puts out a list of injured players each and every week. The NBA and major league baseball both issue clear and detailed press releases on the physical status of players with injuries, and whether they are able to play, or when they believe they will be. So we're not talking about random people off the street and their medical records; we're talking about top athletes in the country's only women's pro basketball league.

This should be easy. And just stating on air that so-and-so has a "sore knee" and won't play- again- is amateurish for a league that seeks to be among the bigs. And it lets down the fans by failing to tell them what might be wrong with a favorite player.

The WNBA is dropping the ball. Come on!!!
Those leagues have betting on them.

Reaction Score
I can't with you. Try following the Stars on twitter or call the stars office if you want a personal update. Apparently the information that has been provided to you by @DishNSwish & @Fightin Choke and others is not enough.
FYI this is a Stars team thing not a WNBA thing and I'm not sure what her pro team in Europe would have to do with any of this.

If I want a "personal update"? I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand. Every pro league puts out information regarding injuries for their players. Most do it on a regular basis. Fans want to know. Other teams deserve to know. So those pro leagues just do it. Fans don't need to call the team, or follow on twitter. The teams' and the leagues' websites offer the information.

It's really, really simple. Sad that the WNBA doesn't get it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If I want a "personal update"? I'm not sure why this is so difficult for you to understand. Every pro league puts out information regarding injuries for their players. Most do it on a regular basis. Fans want to know. Other teams deserve to know. So those pro leagues just do it. Fans don't need to call the team, or follow on twitter. The teams' and the leagues' websites offer the information.
It's really, really simple. Sad that the WNBA doesn't get it.
Yea, I really can't forgive the WNBA for not putting something out there that's noneya!

Reaction Score
Sometimes things are never actually spelled out for you. You just have to learn to read between the lines. This is a valuable skill in all areas of life.

Reaction Score
Sometimes things are never actually spelled out for you. You just have to learn to read between the lines. This is a valuable skill in all areas of life.

What nonsense.

Here is the major league baseball webpage on the MLB website for injuries updates:

Fantasy Baseball Player Injury Updates

Take, for example, the page on that website for the New York Mets:

Fantasy Baseball Player Injury Updates

That webpage states, for example, for Michael Conforto:

"Exited game early Aug. 24; may require surgery for posterior capsule tear in left shoulder."

Try Steve Matz:

"Underwent season-ending surgery to reposition ulnar nerve in left elbow per Aug. 23 update."

Got it? That pro league makes certain that all of the injuries to any major league player are listed clearly and in detail. The WNBA wants to be taken seriously as a pro league of the highest caliber, as it should. But if that is the goal, then it needs to begin treating both players and fans with the respect they deserve. And telling fans what's going on with those players and how bad their injuries are, should be part of that strategy.

End of story.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If you'll stop making absurd claims.
upload_2017-8-28_13-12-42.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads