What's Up with Moriah? | The Boneyard

What's Up with Moriah?

Reaction Score
Can't find any news about her absence from San Antonio games on the WNBA website. She hasn't played since August 12, missing the last two games over ten days. She won't be able to play again until Friday, meaning she will have been out nearly two weeks.

The "news" on the WNBA website is incredibly spare.

Does anyone have a better source for news about MJ and why she has not played?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Can't find any news about her absence from San Antonio games on the WNBA website. She hasn't played since August 12, missing the last two games over ten days. She won't be able to play again until Friday, meaning she will have been out nearly two weeks.

The "news" on the WNBA website is incredibly spare.

Does anyone have a better source for news about MJ and why she has not played?

On the game telecast last night, they said she is out due to knee soreness and she was in street clothes. It seems very likely they are shutting her down for the year and I imagine an off season of carefully monitored rehab.

Reaction Score
On the game telecast last night, they said she is out due to knee soreness and she was in street clothes. It seems very likely they are shutting her down for the year and I imagine an off season of carefully monitored rehab.

Thank you. But "knee soreness" sounds ominously vague. I'm guessing that most WNBA players have sore knees most of the time. Wonder if she has a real injury.

Appreciate the heads-up. Disappointing that the league and the team itself can't keep fans appraised of the status of its players.

But grazi.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Thank you. But "knee soreness" sounds ominously vague. I'm guessing that most WNBA players have sore knees most of the time. Wonder if she has a real injury.

Appreciate the heads-up. Disappointing that the league and the team itself can't keep fans appraised of the status of its players.

But grazi.

The way they had been using her during the season, with some games playing and others sitting out, together with the fact that she is not getting any surgery as far as I know, I cant imagine it being that serious. If surgery was needed, they probably would have done it already. Rest and rehab.

Reaction Score
I believe she suffered a knee injury in Turkey. She missed the first few games of the regular season. I wonder what will happen next year. Her and Plum play the same position.

Reaction Score
In terms of earning a living, this IS the off season. Hopefully the rest now will allow her to play this winter.

Reaction Score
Tough season for Moriah. It seems like every time she starts looking like herself, the knee gets sore again. Concerning that it has been an issue the entire WNBA season. She needs her quickness back without pain - more than a bigger player who hadnt made a living out-quicking and out-faking bigger players.
How long until the season in Turkey starts up again?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Tough season for Moriah. It seems like every time she starts looking like herself, the knee gets sore again. Concerning that it has been an issue the entire WNBA season. She needs her quickness back without pain - more than a bigger player who hadnt made a living out-quicking and out-faking bigger players.

The Galatasaray 2017-2018 schedule is at this link. Game 1 Oct 7th

Galatasaray M.P. Istanbul basketball, News, Roster, Rumors, Stats, Awards, Transactions, Details - eurobasket

The announcement of her resigning is here

EUROBASKET NEWS

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In terms of earning a living, this IS the off season. Hopefully the rest now will allow her to play this winter.

You are correct of course. It's hard for me to think this way but reality is harsh. About 6 weeks rest to Game 1 at Galatasaray (Oct 7). Hope she can push through.

Reaction Score

You know, "sore" is not a medical term. And for "sore knees" to persist for months suggests that she is suffering from a serious medical condition. Is it arthritis? What? Soreness doesn't keep you out of multiple games. Something has to cause it. The W should be more forthcoming with information about their players. It's what all the pro leagues doe in men's sports.

Reaction Score
She played when I saw her at the Minny but didn't look herself and didn't play the entire game. Hope she gets better is all I can say.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
You know, "sore" is not a medical term. And for "sore knees" to persist for months suggests that she is suffering from a serious medical condition. Is it arthritis? What? Soreness doesn't keep you out of multiple games. Something has to cause it. The W should be more forthcoming with information about their players. It's what all the pro leagues doe in men's sports.
I don't know that we are entitled to players' personal medical information. Maybe they don't know what's causing it? Maybe they do and Moriah doesn't want it released?

Reaction Score
I don't know that we are entitled to players' personal medical information. Maybe they don't know what's causing it? Maybe they do and Moriah doesn't want it released?

This is standard procedure for every other pro league. We're not talking about confidential information, but simply the physical status of players in a league based on physical performance. The NFL puts out a list of injured players each and every week. The NBA and major league baseball both issue clear and detailed press releases on the physical status of players with injuries, and whether they are able to play, or when they believe they will be. So we're not talking about random people off the street and their medical records; we're talking about top athletes in the country's only women's pro basketball league.

This should be easy. And just stating on air that so-and-so has a "sore knee" and won't play- again- is amateurish for a league that seeks to be among the bigs. And it lets down the fans by failing to tell them what might be wrong with a favorite player.

The WNBA is dropping the ball. Come on!!!

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Moriah will apparently not play for six months. Galatasaray cancelled her contract because of her injury. LINK

Maybe she does need surgery and won't go overseas this season.

Get well, Moriah.

Reaction Score
Cryptic message on that link!
Dam! Well, at least she gets some down time to heal. I would say I am glad she will be safer, but Im not sure that is true for a young woman of color in Texas - in hurricane season!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Moriah should rehab at UConn, as Morgan and Sue did. She could mentor Crystal. Plus, there's a place in Manchester with great Italian food.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
This is standard procedure for every other pro league. So we're not talking about random people off the street and their medical records; we're talking about top athletes in the country's only women's pro basketball league.
This should be easy. And just stating on air that so-and-so has a "sore knee" and won't play- again- is amateurish for a league that seeks to be among the bigs. And it lets down the fans by failing to tell them what might be wrong with a favorite player.
The WNBA is dropping the ball. Come on!!!
It is easy, and it's being done. The WNBA is not dropping anything.
The team before each game has released that she isn't playing because of continued knee soreness. They have not hidden anything.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I guess I'm confused - she is sitting out because her knee hurts. If they aren't releasing the details, fine. Why are we owed her medical history? I trust she and her coaches/medical staff are doing what's appropriate. It's not like San Antonio is in championship contention, or anything.

Reaction Score
It is easy, and it's being done. The WNBA is not dropping anything.

Really? Show us the press release concerning Jefferson's injury issued by the WNBA. "Sore knee" doesn't cut it. That's ridiculous. And now we see that her contract for her pro team in Europe has been cancelled due to that injury? But nothing from the WNBA?

If that isn't dropping the ball, I don't know what is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Really? Show us the press release concerning Jefferson's injury issued by the WNBA. "Sore knee" doesn't cut it. That's ridiculous. And now we see that her contract for her pro team in Europe has been cancelled due to that injury? But nothing from the WNBA?
If that isn't dropping the ball, I don't know what is.
I can't with you. Try following the Stars on twitter or call the stars office if you want a personal update. Apparently the information that has been provided to you by @DishNSwish & @Fightin Choke and others is not enough.
FYI this is a Stars team thing not a WNBA thing and I'm not sure what her pro team in Europe would have to do with any of this.

Reaction Score
Not confirmed about her not going overseas, even if it is right (not saying it is) about the contract being cancelled.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom