What's Up with Mercedes Russell? | The Boneyard

What's Up with Mercedes Russell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well, the big buzz over on the TN and Louisville boards is all about the question of whether or not Mercedes Russell will make an unofficial visit to NC along with the other Fave Five?

Mercedes is scheduled to attend a camp at Lousiville next week.

Peace,

John Fryer

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Of the three apparent favorites........ I hope she ends up at Louisville...

no particular reason :rolleyes:

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Well, there has been all this social media "chatter" about the crew of kids (2013)+ some, that are going to be at the UNC Camp that starts this weekend. Apparently Russell decided to not go, or is not going for whatever reason. She is on record as saying she would be in Louisville next Thursday for Louisville's camp.

Of course, us U of L fans are thrilled about that. TN. Fans are thrilled too thinking both schools are still in the hunt with Russell, with this development.
Personally, I could see her waiting to take an official to UNC when it is paid for vs an unofficial now.

I am not sure how much of a leg up this gives us. She is supposedly going to Mavunga's house in the Indy area, until the July evals start, after the u of l camp. So, it is not like she is going out of her way too much to get to the u of l camp.

I think she takes 3 visits in the Fall and makes a decision. I feel bad for the kid, she has to be getting enormous pressure from all directions. I certainly would understand if her desire was to make a decision before officials roll around, just to be done with the pressure. Of the 3 schools she will have been to TN and Louisville twice each, none to UNC.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Add me to the list who hopes she ends up at L'ville. I think it's bad omen for UNC that she hasn't gone there and apparently doesnt' seem inclined to do so. Sam Washington should be a great help at L'ville in landing her. both she and Stafford-Odom (now at UNC) are top notch recruiters. And we know Jeff is a terrific coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I agree that Louisville looks more likely than UNC for Mercedes. Plus, I agree that it is a good thing. Jeff will challenge Mercedes. And the home crowds will be big.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Eric, Coach Sam "Williams"

Add me to the list who hopes she ends up at L'ville. I think it's bad omen for UNC that she hasn't gone there and apparently doesnt' seem inclined to do so. Sam Washington should be a great help at L'ville in landing her. both she and Stafford-Odom (now at UNC) are top notch recruiters. And we know Jeff is a terrific coach.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think Mercedes Russell is just playing cat and mouse here. I think she is just taking her sweet time. Is staying at Mavunga's (UNC recruit) house in Indiana and will end up finally at UNC.

However, as long as she has not committed , Tenn and U of L still has a chance to convince her otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom