What's the magic number? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What's the magic number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
It says a lot about the character of a person when they are willing to spend an extended period of time (daily) instigating and spewing negativity toward an entire fanbase. I hope someday he'll take the time to stare out his parent's basement window and reflect on his life and impact on society.

And the best part is that we can say whatever we want about the obsessed, delusional loser and if no one quotes him, we'll never have to see his response!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
From now on, I'll always think of this whenever he posts:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A truly erudite reply, not.

But then if you have nothing to counter the statements a poster makes then make a joke. The joke will soon be on the NBE when they see that the numbers for their TV deal will not be so good.

Mom, the meatloaf!!! What is she doing back there?

lol Marty, too funny.

Reaction Score
A truly erudite reply, not.

But then if you have nothing to counter the statements a poster makes then make a joke. The joke will soon be on the NBE when they see that the numbers for their TV deal will not be so good.
Erudite? Is someone studying for the SAT's?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If the Big East can put a few teams in the Top 10 or 15, their ratings will skyrocket. It wasn't too long ago that the Big East had the highest ESPN CFB ratings. And that was after the U left.

Reaction Score
BE should go to the open market if ESPiN offers anything less than the ACC deal. Also, BE needs to demand from the network that they will cover the conference fairly. In other words, BE needs some homers to put the conference in more positive light. ESPiN got plenty of ACC homers despite the fact conference pretty much sucks when it comes to football.

Reaction Score
If the Big East can put a few teams in the Top 10 or 15, their ratings will skyrocket. It wasn't too long ago that the Big East had the highest ESPN CFB ratings. And that was after the U left.

People forget UL vs. RU was one of the highest rated college football games ever. Boise St. vs. VT also set some viewing records a couple of years ago.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Notice observer changing the subject from $$$ per team to eyeballs because he's too to make a prediction in this thread. He said 6 mil per team in another thread but he's going to run away from that like Romney running away from Ryan's budget.

Reaction Score
Notice observer changing the subject from $$$ per team to eyeballs because he's too to make a prediction in this thread. He said 6 mil per team in another thread but he's going to run away from that like Romney running away from Ryan's budget.
This ignore thing works great...
I need this for the real world as well.

is observer still hanging around?

Reaction Score
From the NY Times:

The Big East announced on Monday the hiring of Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures, the firm that negotiated the Pacific-12’s TV deal last year. In an agreement with Fox and ESPN, the conference will make $3 billion over the 12-year deal.

Chris Bevilacqua, who orchestrated the deal, said the Big East’s pact might not be the same, but could follow a similar trajectory. A regional network may be more difficult for the geographically challenged conference.

“The marketplace is going to determine their value, so it’s hard to predict where it all ends,” Bevilacqua said. “But I can tell you that I’m very confident that there’s a very strong marketplace for content.”

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
From the NY Times:

The Big East announced on Monday the hiring of Bevilacqua Helfant Ventures, the firm that negotiated the Pacific-12’s TV deal last year. In an agreement with Fox and ESPN, the conference will make $3 billion over the 12-year deal.

Chris Bevilacqua, who orchestrated the deal, said the Big East’s pact might not be the same, but could follow a similar trajectory. A regional network may be more difficult for the geographically challenged conference.

“The marketplace is going to determine their value, so it’s hard to predict where it all ends,” Bevilacqua said. “But I can tell you that I’m very confident that there’s a very strong marketplace for content.”

Read that quote as: "NBC wants content and others want to keep them out. I can leverage that tension for a pretty damn big deal for the NBE."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom