What's the buzz Nov 13? | The Boneyard

What's the buzz Nov 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any intell this morning on our 4 targets? It's not easy to read the 30 page threads. Add new thoughts here.

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina is probably pushing very very hard in the closing moments for Mack. It will be tough for him to leave home. I think the Dozier commit gives SC momentum with Mack. Similar to how A &M landed their class for 2015 with 4 Texas kids. Dozier could just be connected to SC more because of his father but Mack/Dozier have played together already at some point I believe.

But Borges/99/Zion are the real insiders and they say VCU. So I will respectfully defer to our insiders. They follow it every day. I certainly don't.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we lose all three recruits I say BUZZ KILL!:(

Reaction Score
If we lose all three recruits we just have to sit back and count our championships instead of top flight recruits. We won em with a lot of kids ranked and valued lower than these guys were waiting to hear about. I just hope that Ollie and company can do what Calhoun and company did with finding the hidden gems that turn into 3-4 year UConn type guys

Reaction Score
I think South Carolina is probably pushing very very hard in the closing moments for Mack. It will be tough for him to leave home.

If he chooses South Carolina we'll literally never hear about him again. I could understand if Diamond Stone decides to "stay home" and play at Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a good basketball school. South Carolina is a football school and always will be.

Reaction Score
I think our Roster & existing talent is a big hurdle for Mack-Jones-Clarke. They really need to be confident & excited about playing for Kevin Ollie & UConn. They have to believe in themselves.

Diamond Stine is different. The kid will play. If he likes OUR culture, it'll be a really good year (maybe not two).

Reaction Score
If he chooses South Carolina we'll literally never hear about him again. I could understand if Diamond Stone decides to "stay home" and play at Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a good basketball school. South Carolina is a football school and always will be.
Pretty good baseball school too.

Reaction Score

That is conventional wisdom. You would have to say the same about Dozier right? What about the Texas A & M recruiting class??? Not saying he goes to SC but wouldn't be surprised at all.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day the buzz will call for a closer (other than KO) on the staff.

Reaction Score
Zionn said:
At the end of the day the buzz will call for a closer (other than KO) on the staff.

I still think the biggest obstacle to all these guys is Hamilton, more than any staff flaw. He's only a freshman, and nobody can be sure he'll be gone after a year (or even two).

Slice Rohrssen could be replaced by a bag of puppies, and Kentucky would be getting the same kids (and Manhattan probably would have been just as successful). Although Book Richardson has made a huge difference for Arizona, so there are certainly counter-points.

Reaction Score

As far as SEC schools, they're not even all that good at football. Except for maybe when they had Lattimore? Remember Papa John's bowl anyone? I was there, in all my Yankee revelry.

Reaction Score
If we lose all three recruits we just have to sit back and count our championships instead of top flight recruits. We won em with a lot of kids ranked and valued lower than these guys were waiting to hear about. I just hope that Ollie and company can do what Calhoun and company did with finding the hidden gems that turn into 3-4 year UConn type guys

After Stone commits to Wisconsin on the 21st you can say whatever you want about how UConn will be fine and "on to the next one" but the fact remains that in a year after winning the National Championship and building a new multi million dollar practice facility they were only able to sign two instate kids(Adams is close enough). That is pretty disappointing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom