What's Kentucky's APR? | The Boneyard

What's Kentucky's APR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know? They've been one and done city for some time, the APR has to take a hit on that program sooner or later

caw

Reaction Score
Does anyone know? They've been one and done city for some time, the APR has to take a hit on that program sooner or later

1000 probably. It's actually easier in many ways to keep a one and done on pace than a senior player. Lots of easy general elective classes many taken online.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if we ever see another major program miss the postseason due to the APR again. Too easy to game the system.

Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if we ever see another major program miss the postseason due to the APR again. Too easy to game the system.
Yet UConn still got caught. How pathetic was that knowing what we now know?

Reaction Score
For 2 semesters the players can fill their schedule with junk courses making their APR irrelevant.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The APR for this season stands at 7, the number of KT players who have applied for the NBA draft.

Reaction Score
Yet UConn still got caught. How pathetic was that knowing what we now know?

We were treating the APR as a joke when the maximum penalty was scholarship reductions. They changed the rule to a post season ban after the offense occured.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
every kid who goes to UK is working toward's and education, and Squid makes sure they're all in good academic standing

why doesn't anyone believe that?

Reaction Score
I am sure all 7 of the guys who are jumping into the draft are studying as we speak. Need to leave the program clean, or at least in good standing academically.

Reaction Score
Why pathetic? You mean because UConn wasn't lying, ahem excuse me, I mean, gaming the system, at the time?

They were a little slow on the uptake.
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I would have thought UConn would have known the games that were (are) being played by their peers.

Reaction Score
I am sure all 7 of the guys who are jumping into the draft are studying as we speak. Need to leave the program clean, or at least in good standing academically.

actually some probably have dropped out of their classes for the spring. 4-5 fall session courses and 3-4 combined summer and winter courses gives them 8 classes, which would make them good with the APR as long as their GPA is high enough. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yes, that is exactly what I meant. I would have thought UConn would have known the games that were (are) being played by their peers.
Two guys played a pivitol role in everything. They are Mark Emmert and Jeff Hathaway. I'm conjecturing but I would say Jeff was a thorn in Edsall's side and a reason behind his leaving UConn. And he absolutely hated Calhoun. He personally submarined two programs imo.

The whole thing around Nate Miles was orchestrated by Hathaway, first by his refusal to meet with JC about potential problems when JC found out about them and wanted the compliance department to handle things. And then by his statements to the NCAA. And Emmert put in place changes with the APR plus making them retroactive. He knew exactly what he was doing by making them retroactive because there had been a change of the guard and he couldn't have impacted JC and UConn except by making it retroactive.

President Herbst got rid of Hathaway immediately. The problem has been solved but not before a lot of damage occurred.

Reaction Score
Retention is a factor of the APR, Except if they leave for the NBA. Without that exception, Ky would be in the outhouse.

Reaction Score
Retention is a factor of the APR, Except if they leave for the NBA. Without that exception, Ky would be in the outhouse.

I did not know that

Reaction Score

Was it wrong for UConn to have a tenured professor overseeing the players' education? A person who cared they were actually receiving one?

Reaction Score

NBA or pros (Europe and Asia have to count, or NBDL). As Bilas has said a bunch of times, you only get dinged when they transfer to JUCO or else decide to work elsewhere, like in construction or something.

Total nonsense.

Reaction Score
actually some probably have dropped out of their classes for the spring. 4-5 fall session courses and 3-4 combined summer and winter courses gives them 8 classes, which would make them good with the APR as long as their GPA is high enough. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

They can't drop out of spring courses.

They have to be full-time students. The winter session is key. That session may qualify for them for the spring.

At that point, they may do a half-semester in the spring, but they still need the full load of credits to qualify (combined with winter).

In other words, it all depends on how your university is set-up. If you don't have a full menu of different types of courses, you are out of luck because you must be a full-timer.

I recently had a kid who had to leave mid-semester for Phoenix for the pre-draft camp.

It's pretty clear to me that winter sports athletes should have the option of being half-time students in the spring. But that may wreak havoc with the NCAA rules and the financial aid rules (which give needy players extra money, like Pell Grants).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They can't drop out of spring courses.

They have to be full-time students. The winter session is key. That session may qualify for them for the spring.

At that point, they may do a half-semester in the spring, but they still need the full load of credits to qualify (combined with winter).

In other words, it all depends on how your university is set-up. If you don't have a full menu of different types of courses, you are out of luck because you must be a full-timer.

I recently had a kid who had to leave mid-semester for Phoenix for the pre-draft camp.

It's pretty clear to me that winter sports athletes should have the option of being half-time students in the spring. But that may wreak havoc with the NCAA rules and the financial aid rules (which give needy players extra money, like Pell Grants).

You are correct

However right now somewhere in Kentucky there is a 5'10" bucktoothed white kid now named Towns taking some classes, Chinese twins with the adoptive name Harrison studying, a redhaired freckled kid now named Llye cramming and a Jewish lad named Stein taking a lab.

Reaction Score
I still believe the change in APR rules were specifically designed to snag Calhoun.
For Thumbing his nose at them and getting around their scholarship reduction by
getting getting a top recruit to walk-on.
Or worse , a forcing a role player to give up his scholarship which was widely circulated and still believed by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom