What's going on with Giffey

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
He used to be a pretty proficient FT shooter and today he goes 1-5

Reaction Score
Are you expecting an answer other than "he had a bad shooting day"?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I couldn't view the game, just had to listen by radio so I didn't get such a good feel

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
He makes good passes and play hard, position defense...just needs to get the confidence in his shot back...
Remember winning the 3 pt contest or how well he played in Maui. I expect to see that version back in a few games

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the beer just tastes so different over here

Reaction Score
I actually noticed that on his first free throw he seemed to rush it a bit. I know that because after he released the shot i said to myself "seems like he rushed that one"... he probably thought the same and then it got in his head before the second shot. He was doomed.

Reaction Score
It's one game?
You know, I think you're completely missing the point here, and I really wish you would take the time to get on board. We're not looking for any sort of trends. We're not thinking of long term development. March? When the $#$%^$ is that? We are a here and now fan base, and, frankly, none of our players is supposed to ever have an off game. It simply won't be tolerated. We only wish the mechanism was in place to ditch this Germanic fraudster right now and bring in that kid from Oregon. Or maybe get Nate Miles in here. An off day? And you want to excuse that? It's your kind of bald apathy that makes being an irrational, overbearing, neurotic UConn fan impossible these days.

This is why we can't have nice things.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
You know, I think you're completely missing the point here, and I really wish you would take the time to get on board. We're not looking for any sort of trends. We're not thinking of long term development. March? When the $#$%^$ is that? We are a here and now fan base, and, frankly, none of our players is supposed to ever have an off game. It simply won't be tolerated. We only wish the mechanism was in place to ditch this Germanic fraudster right now and bring in that kid from Oregon. Or maybe get Nate Miles in here. An off day? And you want to excuse that? It's your kind of bald apathy that makes being an irrational, overbearing, neurotic UConn fan impossible these days.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Grow up. I didn't watch the game since I was out supporting one of, if not the best soccer teams in the nation, and you come along appearing all P.O'd just because of one simple statement.
edit: I also don't see you getting in the Wall Street Journal or on the cover of (or inside) newspapers for being a UConn fan, like I do.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Grow up. I didn't watch the game since I was out supporting one of, if not the best soccer teams in the nation, and you come along appearing all P.O'd just because of one simple statement.
edit: I also don't see you getting in the Wall Street Journal or on the cover of (or inside) newspapers for being a UConn fan, like I do.
I think you missed his tongue in cheek post. He wasn't going after you.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Niels only played 7 minutes but I thought his game improved from the previous game. He didn't turn the ball over, I thought his defense was better and he seemed to move naturally, without hesitating.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's been playing in Germany where the free throw line is 32cm closer than it is here.

All Germans go through a period of adjustment when they come back to the United States. Dirk Nowitski's career free throw percentage in the first month of the NBA season is a full 11 percent lower than it is in the rest of the NBA season.

Reaction Score
It's embarrassing how often people can't pick up on blatant sarcasm on this board.
What you need to do is check yourself. It's the rampant and ignorant infighting and hectoring that you display here that is the genesis of the kind of dissension that spreads to the team. You do understand that they read these boards, right? You think you didn't have an impact on Jamal Coombs-McDaniel? He read on the BY about how "embarrassed" everybody was about so-and-so misconstruing over-the-top sarcasm, and he thought, "you know what? I'm getting out of this cesspool of dissent."

BTW - as a point of reference, I was "this close" (picture Maxwell Smart doing the finger thing) to enclosing my previous post in this ---- > [sarcasm] text [/sarcasm], but I studied my post and I was sure that nobody would miss it. Shame on me.

Apologies to the person who was offended.

Reaction Score
All Germans go through a period of adjustment when they come back to the United States. Dirk Nowitski's career free throw percentage in the first month of the NBA season is a full 11 percent lower than it is in the rest of the NBA season.
That was just jet lag.

Reaction Score
[quote="edit: I also don't see you getting in the Wall Street Journal or on the cover of (or inside) newspapers for being a UConn fan, like I do.[/quote]

Funniest thing I've read on here since we moved to the new site.

Reaction Score
I was defending you, you jerk!

...oops

What you need to do is check yourself. It's the rampant and ignorant infighting and hectoring that you display here that is the genesis of the kind of dissension that spreads to the team. You do understand that they read these boards, right? You think you didn't have an impact on Jamal Coombs-McDaniel? He read on the BY about how "embarrassed" everybody was about so-and-so misconstruing over-the-top sarcasm, and he thought, "you know what? I'm getting out of this cesspool of dissent."

BTW - as a point of reference, I was "this close" (picture Maxwell Smart doing the finger thing) to enclosing my previous post in this ---- > [sarcasm] text [/sarcasm], but I studied my post and I was sure that nobody would miss it. Shame on me.

Apologies to the person who was offended.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
He's been playing in Germany where the free throw line is 32cm closer than it is here.

Great news! So we can expect his foul shooting to improve to 31% in December (Sarcasm off)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom