What Wvu To B12 And Staying At 10 Means | The Boneyard

What Wvu To B12 And Staying At 10 Means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the reports are true that WVU is going to Big 12 and they will stay at 10, it means:

1) BE will go to 12 teams
2) ND will remain in BE
3) UConn and Rutgers aren't going anywhere
4) BE basketball remains strong (Louisville better than WVU)
5) BE will maintain BCS bid

(it would not surprise me if ND negotiated with Texas to keep the BE together. Will we see ND playing Texas on Thanksgivings going forward replacing Texas A&M?)

I wish WVU good luck, but they are going to an unstable conference and they will become the red headed step child in that conference. WVU football built their reputation as a top school in a weak BE and they will become a middle of the pack B12 school. I hoped they would stay in the BE, but ...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If the Big East keeps the BCS bid, then Pitt/SU traded more money for more losses. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing.

Reaction Score
Keep the BCS bid? Maybe, but I don't see how.

We are screwed.

If the Big East Five hold together, and make the rumored additions, we most certainly are not "screwed" as far as the BCS goes.

I think the Big East should add BYU to replace WVU, though.

Reaction Score
How many times have we heard if this eight, seven, six, five hold together, we'll be OK? Guess what, we need out of here.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If Big East football ever sustains a 12 team conference I nominate the Alamo to host the championship game.

Reaction Score
this conference as it is being put together is really just a stopgap thing I think, until the next wave, but I think it keeps the BCS and it in some ways solves the BCS's own problem by bringing more teams into the fold without expanding the number of autobids.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The minute the Big East accepts 3 football-only members it ensures Marionette's survival until mummification.

The Big East then becomes the official "Best of the Rest", "Big Least, Big Sprawl" conference.

Reaction Score
The Big East needs to embrace it's own absurdity. Add the 6 we've been discussing and get Memphis and Temple in here for all sports as well as BYU. That would put us at 14 fb members and 8 non fb members. Then you could add Butler and Gonzaga and have a 22 school bball league with an 11 team eastern and western division in addition to a solid 14 member football conference. Air Force and Navy would be football only. It would be national in scope and still be #1 in hoops with very good football.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First off, thinking that we're okay because we lost West Virginia and not Louisville is like finding one room in your house that isn't on fire and thinking that you can wait it out there.

At this point, Marinatto should take a page from the Big 12. Run off about 200 Big East applications, mail them to every school with a postal address and then sift through any acceptances that come back.

If something appealing says yes, accept them. You can shred the ones that aren't. (Although Marist's chances of joining the Big East get better every day, we don't have to respond to them just yet.)

Reaction Score
See, here is what I feel is being missed. College sports = revolving players. WVU will not have the same players as it does when it enters the Big 12. Big 12 = MUCH more attractive football conference. More attractive = better recruits = improving product.

If a Uconn was able to go from a D1AA school to winning a BCS conference, why can't an established football program go to a much better conference and win?

Isn't that the point of sports - competing with and hopefully beating the best? Or better? At least having that chance? If it was being the best amongst mediocrity, then things would get boring fast.

To me - WVU to the Big 12 = no brainer. Easy to call them idiots when you're spited.

Reaction Score
If the Big East Five hold together, and make the rumored additions, we most certainly are not "screwed" as far as the BCS goes.

I think the Big East should add BYU to replace WVU, though.

I'll wager a $250 donation to the UCADF on that (first two people to accept). I say the proposed conference is not an AQ conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom