What Would You Do? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What Would You Do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan, I appreciate that, my point was that really if these girls thought everything through and wanted to go to UNC then alls well and good and I look forward to watching them play as I do Uconn, Duke etc etc.

However, I am not a karma type of guy, I think life is what you make it and "sh... Happens", if there was really karma there would be a lot of politicians homeless right now.

My problem is with ethics and integrity and sure if Hatchell had told every recruit thAt she was only interested in them until they found someone better, then so be it, but I doubt that happened.

Reaction Score
Cuz more than once I've heard people use it as a slur. When someone says "shyster Jew," something I've heard quite a few times over the years there's no other way to take it. I'm guessing you're not Jewish Boo. I'm pretty confident most Jews consider it a slur for the good reason that they've heard it used as a slur.

Reaction Score
Wallman I could not agree with you more. It is about ethics and I lost all respect for Sylvia last April 26, 2011 when she solicited and accepted an verbal commitment from Te'a Cooper a 2015 kid. She has no ethical leg to stand on after that. She was in 8th grade when she sought that commit. I guess she got so old and so down that she would steal a recruiter from her arch rival and do anything to be relavent again. Shame on her.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have a very distinct feeling that whatever comes out of all this, it will not be "Sylvia conquers the wcbb world!". She is not that great a coach, imho, and is going to have some real problems keeping all these kids happy and productive.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Cuz more than once I've heard people use it as a slur. When someone says "shyster Jew," something I've heard quite a few times over the years there's no other way to take it. I'm guessing you're not Jewish Boo. I'm pretty confident most Jews consider it a slur for the good reason that they've heard it used as a slur.

No, I am not Jewish... My father and half of my aunts, uncles, and cousins are Jewish... Half came here from Russia by way of Austria in the first half of the last century, while the rest came directly from Germany escaping Hitler just before WWII. I just called one of my cousins and although he can't possibly be "most Jews" he did disagree with you; he thought it was a German word meaning disreputable. He knew some thought it was a slur but he also thought that they were misguided and mistaken.

Just because some fool misuses a common word to hurt someone doesn't miraculously transform that word into a slur. Angry people will used the word "popcorn" as a slur if given the opportunity... Let's not let them take our words from us...

How about treating these idiots as the fools that they are each and every time they use words as weapons. Why support the bigots by feeding them more ammunition to hurl at people in the form of words that we've loaded up with as much hatred as possible. I can't help but to think my way is better... Take the sting out of the words and focus the bright lights on the fools that seek to hurt people by misusing our words. Remember, if you want to find evil in everything, you will.... I myself would rather we disarm evil as much as we can.

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Could we be conflating "shyster" with "shylock" here? I too have never heard shyster used with an ethnic connotation.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Could we be conflating "shyster" with "shylock" here? I too have never heard shyster used with an ethnic connotation.

I've heard "drunken Irishman" used to demean the other half of my ancestral lineage... so I is the word "drunken" now a slur word and not to be used... If people misuse a word with the intent to harm another, make fun of them... don't pack our words with hatred...

Your Ol' Pal Boo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer