What would people think of Don Brown for HC? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What would people think of Don Brown for HC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this is where most of the anti Brown feelings come from and it really shows a lack critical thinking.

Our defense was outstanding both years under Brown and he is a big part of BC's success this year. Brown is a winner, PGDL are losers.

Here's my critical thinking - I saw a lot of losses with that Brown defense. I saw a lot of wins with that Edsall defense. Brown is a loser. No Thanks.

Reaction Score
Here's my critical thinking - I saw a lot of losses with that Brown defense. I saw a lot of wins with that Edsall defense. Brown is a loser. No Thanks.

Genius

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
UCF hired an older retread when they hired O'Leary; there will be risk with every candidate, young or old. I can only comment on what Brown did here as a Defensive Coordinator and I thought he did a great job and all indications are that the players loved playing for him.

I doubt Brown will be the guy, but IMO he would do a good job if selected. I fail to understand why so many people have negative feelings for the guy.

I don't think "so many people have negative feelings for the guy". I think people think he was a good D Coordinator but not the right fit for UConn right now.

But...he was a good DC..not great. He had 4 NFL draft picks on that team last year. And like others, I remember a defense that was very tough...until they needed a stop. Then they broke. I also remember a D that had few turnovers, even though they had 4 NFL draft picks.

So..I think people in general like the guy....think he did a good job here..but he isn't the type of hire that UConn needs right now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
While Brown's defenses were good to very good at times here, there were also many instances when the results of a game led to multiple page threads due to the anger among Boneyarders over the defensive results. A good amount of these came with not only the above mentioned NFL players on the 2012 squad but also some very quality veterans in 2011 (including future second round pick Reyes).

As far as Metsfan's comparison to O'Leary, that would be similar to comparing Ed Orgeron to Nick Saban. What each has accomplished and where each has accomplished it plays a very large role in judging the two.

To my initial comment; it is no secret that a major effort is in place to secure (non UConn/ non athletic department) funding specific to football (in order to allow us to make the necessary moves to improve our current position). I have no idea how successful this has been to date but my guess is that the goal is to find ~ seven people willing to each commit to roughly $1mm annually for a decade to get this to work (a few of the sources may need to be a group to reach their specific $1mm). Brown (if WM chose that direction) is someone we could view as being in our sites if we struck out with every prospective donor.

I believe that if we were to classify the candidates in tiers, we would need to drop down to the fourth tier before we reach the list that included Brown's name. If this happens, the effort that has been put forth over the past few months by our leadership will make the Maginot Line appear as an astounding success in comparison.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
He would have been okay to take over if P had been fired last year. Now that we can do a more extensive search he's an outside candidate at best - we can do better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom