What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno?

What Would Be Your Definition of Success in Fresno? Where would you set the bar?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tell her that her ass has gotten fat @ a half hour before game. That should get you a few quality hours of silence from her, and possibly significantly more.

You're welcome.
He'll be served by halftime!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Success in football is winning. Period.

But failing to succeed in this game isn't necessarily meaningful in figuring out where this season is going or if we have improved. And failing to succeed in any particular game doesn't mean that the season or he program is failing.

Agreed. Success is winning. But there is room to lose and not have it be a disappointment. I think that's the better question. A single digit loss would not be disappointing (unless we blow the game late in Diaco style).

Reaction Score
You guys are gonna be a lot of fun for the Clemson game.
You do know we are playing Fresno State, not Clemson, right? We might lose but it isn’t like this is some Top 3 opponent.

Reaction Score
I get sick of seeing UConn Football fans "settling" for a moral victory. You guys do it all the time and this poll is the perfect example. How about just a victory. My definition for success in any football game is a win. Anything else is a failure and a loss.
I understand but unfortunately before you run you have to learn how to walk. If UConn can win 4 or more games this year it would be a tremendous success.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
We never had a prediction thread (I don’t think) for this game. Would have loved to see the predictions for those who are saying the only thing that matters for success is a W.

Reaction Score
If the offense can run a few series without going 3 and out and the defense can make Fresno go 3 and out on a few series then that will be a successful first game.

Reaction Score
If we enter halftime winning or down by 7 or less, that's a big win against a very good team. I'm excited nonetheless.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Real success - narrow win.
Acceptable success- narrow loss.

but if we don’t look good today I will blame it on the heat. These temps are crazy.

Reaction Score
A win but if not. Stick close until the 4th keep it under 14. . Limit turnovers. Tackle
Crisply. Have stuff we can build from. No major injuries.

Reaction Score
He’s helpful like that.
Glad I could be of service. We are playing a team that was 3-3 last year. It beat 2 1-5 win teams and an 0-6 team. Lost to a 2-4 team who ‘s other win was the 0-6. They may have improved a lot. Maybe not. But people here are making them out to be a contender for the national championship. I don’t know if we are any good or not. We will find out. The rust might be too thick. The heat might be too much. The travel might have taken a toll. Or maybe we are still not that talented. I don’t know. But I really don’t think Fresno is beyond at least thinking about as a potential win.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Everyone who said how beneficial these two years are should leave. Don’t sell me how 14-0, undisciplined, can’t move the ball against Fresno is some major sign of progress.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
How about not taking a delay of game on a touchback? Seriously, pop Warner-level coaching.

Reaction Score
Score one freaking TD that isn't a garbage time TD. Maybe next week, whole 2nd half is basically garbage time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom