OT: - What weather app do you use? | The Boneyard

OT: What weather app do you use?

Reaction Score
With all this talk about Henri, I’ll stir up the bees nest. What weather app do you prefer to use? I was using AccuWeather but it’s been terrible lately, back to using Weather Channel and WTNH. At the end of the day if I need to forecast weather, I’ll try to get the consensus out of the three weather apps.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
New Day Gay GIF by Neurads

"It's sunny."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dark Sky.
@Fishy recommended Carrot a few years ago when I asked the same question and I have been subscribed since. You can customize your location and specify the source of your data; I chose Dark Sky for my source. I also have my radar for notifications, which he may also have recommended.

Reaction Score
Dark Sky.
Used to use this more often before Apple bought them. It’s hard to recommend right now to Apple device users since Apple can decide to shut it down at any time. And the default Weather app on iOS devices has slowly been adding features from Dark Sky anyway, so that’s what I go with.

Reaction Score
I thought Dark Sky went away, it was my favorite ! Was it just android that went away?
They were just bought out by Apple so support for the app and Dark Sky as a source for 3rd party apps can go away at any time if Apple decides to force people to use iOS Weather.

edit: apparently Apple already announced this. Android already shut down and iOS use ends next year. Dark Sky’s API, iOS app, and web app will all stop working next year

Reaction Score
I use AccuWeather on my phone and Weather Underground on PC browser. User interface is the reason in both instances. I don't specifically pay attention to accuracy, but they are both accurate enough for my purposes.

Reaction Score
I've found TWC radar map to be the most accurate of short term up to 6 hours or so...like when should I walk the dog or can we sit out for dinner..

Reaction Score
weawow on android is my go to these days. i avoid amything weather channel at all costs. noaa is my go to for storm alerts.

Reaction Score
The one that comes with the iphone. it always says its going to rain this summer (and it usually does).

Reaction Score
I use Wunderground which gathers data from users with weather stations. I've been looking to buy a weather station but can't agree with my wife on where the outdoor instrument should be located.

Reaction Score
Not looking for precision...I use accuweather on my phone and home PC, weatherchannel on my work PC.
For some reason, on my work PC, weatherchannel doesn't ask me to un-block ads.

Reaction Score
I use Wunderground which gathers data from users with weather stations. I've been looking to buy a weather station but can't agree with my wife on where the outdoor instrument should be located.

Reaction Score
With all this talk about Henri, I’ll stir up the bees nest. What weather app do you prefer to use? I was using AccuWeather but it’s been terrible lately, back to using Weather Channel and WTNH. At the end of the day if I need to forecast weather, I’ll try to get the consensus out of the three weather apps.
I have the Fox61 weather app and i have the WFSB news app. Works fine for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom