What we learned today. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What we learned today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
First half - he walked. Although you can split hairs on when he technically established possession and try to say it was two steps from there, but it'd be reaching.

:D You would be a UConn fan reaching to put it bluntly LOL. No biggie it happens all the time now.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I learned that I was right to put YouAren'tUCONN on my ignore list after all.

H

huskymagic

we learned that this team stinks.
there is a severe lack of talent in the front court and back court.
i blame ollie and his staff.
gonna be a long time before we are good again unless they recruit some real talent.

Our big men are very talented. I agree with your diatribe on the backcourt not being high D-1 talent. Kevin Ollie needs to recruit better guards thats for sure because T-Sam, Sam Cassel Jr, Purvis, etc have trouble handling the ball, making smart plays, and shooting the ball. The problem Ollie has is he thinks playing small ball with guards who are not high level UCONN players instead of feeding the rock to Kentan and Amida is a formula for success. We don't have Kembas and Lambs, and Napiers,Giffeys, and Daniels on this team to play like that.
Happy New Years funny guy!

H

huskymagic

Short answer is we desperately need Boat. We are lost without him and his ability to create. Am beginning to be worried about his capacity to endure the physical play he is going to face game in and game out. Until this year he shared the role with Shabazz and they both got banged around. No wonder KO is looking for bigger guards.
Yes, Adams will need a capable backup next year.

Of course Boatright is important. However, he was not the reason we lost this game today. We were losing with Boatright who did not have a good game and was selfish with the ball. The game was there for the taking and with our big men talent we should have fed the post all the time and destroyed Temple. Temple gave us every opportunity to steal the game and we couldn't do it with inept play from our plethora of guards. No excuses for Hamilton to make dumb fouls, dribble so carelessly, and also miss three free throws at the end. Same thing for Purvis who missed two crucial free throws, and was terrible on defense and with the ball. T-Sam and Cassell Jr same no show. Our big men are too talented to be subbed out like Kevin Ollie was doing for Sam Cassell Jr, T-Sam, Purvis. Kentan and Amida need to play most of the game unless they are in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
I learned Amida does not like to pass the ball when receiving it down low. Its sorta a black hole for him. We just have to hope he makes the shot cause he's taking it whether double or triple teamed.

Seriously though do they tell him its okay to pass it back out if there is no immediate shot?

Reaction Score
I learned Amida does not like to pass the ball when receiving it down low. Its sorta a black hole for him. We just have to hope he makes the shot cause he's taking it whether double or triple teamed.

Seriously though do they tell him its okay to pass it back out if there is no immediate shot?

I'm sure they work on it Kita he just has no feel for that part of the game. Actually how many assists do we get form our bigs all year?

If bigs can pass it's huge for the offense.

Reaction Score
We are u conn is not u conn. I knew some idiot would post something stupid.

H

huskymagic

Kitaman its probably because Amda knows he doesn't have shooters to pass the ball to so his shot will be a higher percentage one.

Reaction Score

He sees the ball so infrequently on the post that he feels inclined to shoot--they need to feed the post more often

Reaction Score
What we need is something beyond the team's control - experience. Everyone made momentum killing plays. Very foolish plays.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
gonna be a long time before we are good again unless they recruit some real talent.

What a complete azznine comment
blame?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This should be in the dictionary next to Bad Post. It's got everything: Nasty and terse blanket statements, utterly brainless nonconstructive criticism, reflexively throwing the coach and entire staff under the bus and then shoveling dirt on the program's grave, all in just four lines. Bravo!

What I want to know is what Gurleyman did to make it possible for me to see the stupid post. Everyone else who quoted or commented left me blindly guessing which Ignored idiot wrote something inflammatory.

Reaction Score
Hans Sprungfeld said:
What I want to know is what Gurleyman did to make it possible for me to see the stupid post. Everyone else who quoted or commented left me blindly guessing which Ignored idiot wrote something inflammatory.

I dunno. I imagine it's a Forum Runner thing. I like it for most things. But you still see posts from people you put on ignore, and then you feel compelled to respond. Consarnit.

Reaction Score
The offense looks too mechanical. Nothing is being done smooth and natural. And it's largely attributed to the youth.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Hamilton, Brimah and Facey could be best back court in college next year.....
Ollie needs another point guard.
Sam Jr reminds me a lot of his father's game, unfortunately his father is heading towards his sixties.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Just because it enters you brain it doesn't mean you have to write it. Sometimes you just need to step away from the computer.

Players need to step up, plain and simple

Reaction Score
Constructive critique and criticism is one thing but kicking them when there down is another. Some of these posts are really vile. Fortunately it's only a few. Just remember what some of these guys did for us just a short time ago. Happy new year guys and gals.

Reaction Score
Hate losing. Hate negativity too. This game was ours except for awful free throw shooting. Cassell is pretty slow footed. KFace is getting better. Without Boat on the floor we need to run some plays better. DHam needs to come off screens sharper. Ready for our next game. Happy New Year everyone!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom