What was your favorite moment this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What was your favorite moment this season?

Reaction Score
Although there are many worthy moments posted here (which is why I gave multiple likes), and I can understand why many of you like to point to moments involving Bouk and CV (and for good reason) there really is one "moment" that rises above all others in my estimation as a Husky fan - the arrival of Isaiah Whaley as a force to be reckoned with.

Isaiah and his underdog story of overcoming long odds through hard work and commitment that really showed brightest in his standing toe-to-toe with the mighty Precious Achiuwa in the home win over Memphis is, in so many ways, what makes being a UConn Huskies men's basketball fan special.

Yes, that play by CV that ended with Bouk's dunk-and-1 was a highlight play for the ages... but without Isaiah we lose that game, and this end-of-season renaissance that has so many of us excited for next year does not happen.

He has gone from an after-thought who more than a few wanted to run out of town to open up a scholarship during last off-season to receiving his own thread after practically every game. Truly amazing! There is nothing from this year that comes close to that.

Isaiah Whaley seizing the opportunity when it presented itself to him is my favorite moment of this season... and I love the fact he did that as a Husky.

Reaction Score

This is for the season at large.

Can anyone with highlight package skills make a One Shining Moment for UConn this year with a bunch of the stuff posted in this thread? Think it would be appreciated by the players since they didn't get to finish the season.

GoDAWGS

"I Love Whaley"
Reaction Score
Most certainly the emergence of Whaley, not only are his controbutions on the floor remarkable, they will add depth and atheletiscim to next years team. He also emerged as leader, and it will be crucial to have senior guy so dedicated and bought into the program.

Reaction Score
My favorite moments were the two games I was fortunate enough to attend: Florida @ Gampel and Memphis @ XL.

Both of these games had such incredible atmospheres and were signature wins.

I'll add Bouknight's reach-back alley-oop dunk that made SportsCenter's top-10.

Reaction Score
The Wichita St game had like 3 moments for me.

• Sid’s block, Vital’s diving save, and then Sid’s put back dunk
  • Sid’s corner three to tie at the buzzer
  • Bouk’s spinning layup
This plus
Bouks alley oop
But hands down the Houston home game and crowd capped off by an intimate farewell to cv with all of the rowdiest fans in hoops.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
I only got to one game this year and it was Houston on senior night. I got to campus about 5:00. My favorite moment of the season was seeing the kids lined up outside gampel when i got there 2 hours before tip. That rush of my time on campus from 99-02 came right back. I could have faced 2 pitchers at Ted’s.

Reaction Score
Not a moment but beating Memphis after Akok went out. I thought the game was over when he left. But the Huskies battled an the XL Center was loud and they got a W. It turned out to be the turning point of the season. We picked ourselves up and never looked back. Watching the Huskies fight through the adversity of that day was a peak into the future.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouknight.

That's the answer.
Undoubtedly the centerpiece of the team next year regardless who we bring in.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Also when Isaiah Whaley had his first big game. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. I remember a game late last season where he played for about 9 seconds or so due to the guys ahead of him being in foul trouble. He came up to the scorer's table looking like he knew he'd go right back to the pine, and he did for most of the season. He looked pretty crushed at the moment, despite the Whaley grin. Fast forward to conference play this year and he was a new man.

Reaction Score
Early reports were that Bouk was going to be special. Charleston showed us the very different ways he can score, but to me, the defining moment for this team was when Akok went down. The work Hurley and staff had put in developing culture just exploded to the surface. They were not the same team afterwards.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Senior night. The game, the effort, the great crowd, the post game speech by CV. It was a night for the ages.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
The last few games of the season when the team began playing all 40 minutes of the game with hustle up to the final buzzer. It has been a long long time and they need to pick it up again next fall from the first game. Well done coach. The ship is turning and ready to sail. Congrats to all the players who like winners out there. No quit.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

This is for the season at large.

Can anyone with highlight package skills make a One Shining Moment for UConn this year with a bunch of the stuff posted in this thread? Think it would be appreciated by the players since they didn't get to finish the season.

Oh we've got the guy(s), but I'm too humbly appreciative to make the ask. If it happens, it'll surely delight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom