What was your favorite moment this season? | The Boneyard

What was your favorite moment this season?

Reaction Score
Vitals steal leading to Bouknights and 1 against Memphis. So much went into that game. Sell out as an un ranked team against another unranked team, the Akok injury, Hurley slapping the floor etc. Just felt like that play was the moment this program made the jump back to national prominence and set the stage for great things to come.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
"Proudest" moment was CV's perfect interaction with his recently injured, Freshman teammate.

It was that moment that made me realize we had the right leadership running the show. At a coaching level and a player level.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Vs. Florida, there was a nice block by Akok that led to a Polley three, at a big point in the game. It was at the 16:25 mark in the second half, and verified to me that the crowd/fanbase/program was officially back. The play, along with the crowd reaction, reminded me of the past.

Also, Sid's three, and his put back dunk to the end the fist half in that same game. Bouk's alley-oop dunk. Vital saving the ball and then getting it to Bouk for the slam. Overall, the Florida, Memphis and Houston crowds were great moments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
When the freshman were all on the floor and given a chance to play together......actually made a run and got back into the game after being down by double digits.....I think it was the Tulsa game?....since that moment, it seemed like they started to click as a team.

Reaction Score
The Memphis game for sure. From the lowest of lows seeing Akok on the side line crying cause he knew his season was over and the rest of the team feeling down to seeing the way the team rallied always incredible to see. Almost like you saw the team come together in real-time. First game of February after a brutal January which kinda kick started our big wins that followed. That “senior moment” from vital with the steak and pass up to Bouk for the and 1 dunk has been on repeat for me. Houston game honoring Christian and Al was a close second but that Memphis game was something else.

Reaction Score
sounds corny but now and every moment going forward knowing that we don't suck anymore and have the right pieces in place to begin the climb back to prominence

Reaction Score
I think the answer is bouknight, somewhere. But this team had me on my feet so many times, think from just the anticipation of breaking out after so many years of disappointment. Being at Charleston, the Xavier game gave me chills with the fight they had, but still looked lost at times. Beating most teams down the stretch we continually lost to the last 5 years was a special feeling too. Bouknight a top play certainly gave the exclamation point.

But honestly, Tyler’s break out double double really had me giddy. It was one of the first spots we saw someone on the team just plain “get it”. Showed Hurley’s getting through to individual players. I’d say the same for Whaley, tremendous “light bulb” moment, but he’s shown slight flashes of what he’s capable of - defensively at least - even as a freshman. Tyler’s rebounding that game was something fierce, i never thought he could grow that part of his game.

Reaction Score
Had a blast at the Charleston tourney and really started to get excited about what the season could be!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The Wichita St game had like 3 moments for me.

• Sid’s block, Vital’s diving save, and then Sid’s put back dunk
  • Sid’s corner three to tie at the buzzer
  • Bouk’s spinning layup

Reaction Score
Vitals steal leading to Bouknights and 1 against Memphis. So much went into that game. Sell out as an un ranked team against another unranked team, the Akok injury, Hurley slapping the floor etc. Just felt like that play was the moment this program made the jump back to national prominence and set the stage for great things to come.

This was the moment for me.

This was the first game I took my 7 year old son to see so I got us good seats. He was into the game in the first half but got bored and played on my phone for much of the second half. With about 5 minutes to go he put the phone down and got into the game.
When that dunk happened I was holding him over my head like a pro wrestler ready to body slam him as our entire section was going crazy.

We left that game and he was on cloud nine

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the answer is bouknight, somewhere. But this team had me on my feet so many times, think from just the anticipation of breaking out after so many years of disappointment. Being at Charleston, the Xavier game gave me chills with the fight they had, but still looked lost at times. Beating most teams down the stretch we continually lost to the last 5 years was a special feeling too. Bouknight a top play certainly gave the exclamation point.

But honestly, Tyler’s break out double double really had me giddy. It was one of the first spots we saw someone on the team just plain “get it”. Showed Hurley’s getting through to individual players. I’d say the same for Whaley, tremendous “light bulb” moment, but he’s shown slight flashes of what he’s capable of - defensively at least - even as a freshman. Tyler’s rebounding that game was something fierce, i never thought he could grow that part of his game.

The rise in output and consistency of Bouk correlated to the improvement of the team and the whispers UConn had turned the corner and back on track to be reckoned with nationally.
The alley oop and the put back dunk were awesome but I really liked the Memphis dunk+1 because of the smile on Vital's face watching the finish after his steal and pass. Pure joy.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
This was the moment for me.

This was the first game I took my 7 year old son to see so I got us good seats. He was into the game in the first half but got bored and played on my phone for much of the second half. With about 5 minutes to go he put the phone down and got into the game.
When that dunk happened I was holding him over my head like a pro wrestler ready to body slam him as our entire section was going crazy.

We left that game and he was on cloud nine
Building the fan base of the future. Nice work scuba!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom