OT: - What sports don't catch your interest? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: What sports don't catch your interest?

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Gretchen Walsh crushed the WR in the 100 butterfly in the semi-finals last night (finals are tonight) She spent half her life in Greenwich/New Canaan, mom was an ER doctor at Norwalk Hospital, so nice CT connection.

Also, Kieran Smith of Ridgefield (representing Ridgefield Aquatic Club) made the Olympic team in the 400 meter freestyle. He won the bronze at Tokyo Olympics in that event.
Smith also qualified for the 4 * 200 yard freestyle relay. Alex Walsh (Gretchen's sister) has her best events coming up. Kate Douglass, who is from Westchester, but swam out of Chelsea Piers Stamford for years, should also make the team in multiple events. The Walsh's/Douglass will also qualify to swim relays. Pretty nice showing for swimmers with CT connections

Reaction Score
I find it hard to understand why some cannot stand ice hockey. Some of the most modest, exceptional athletes play this sport. Connor McDavid had an exceptional game 5 in the Finals becoming only the second player besides Gretzsky with multiple 4-point games in a single final. And after the game, he shared the credit with his team and said that he had a good game. Special props to Matthew Tkachuk made an unbelievable play preventing a goal into an empty net. I know that this thread belongs in the hockey forum, unfortunately hardly anybody reads that forum.

Reaction Score
Playoff hockey is great. Live hockey is great. I just can't get invested in regular season hockey on TV, I used to feel that way about regular season NBA games also - but I think they have done a good job of amping up the matchups / putting the right games on TV at the right time.

To me a lot of it comes down to the stakes. Love golf, but not going to watch the Milwaukee Open on TV. Have watched a lot of the NCAA baseball playoffs, but won't watch a game in February (unless it is UCONN). Stopped watching the NBA finals when it was obvious that Dallas didn't have a chance. Will definitely watch game 6 of the NHL finals because it matters. Etc.

Other than winning the NC this year - favorite thing I saw was Nico Young of NAU break 13M (12:57.14) in the indoor 5K up in Boston. My son was up there for the meet with his team from YSU (he is a trainer). Seeing someone obliterate a record like that (Blanks from Harvard had just set the record in December at 13:03.78). Then watching Young/Blanks get outkicked by Parker Wolfe (UNC) to win the NCAA outdoor 5K was amazing - was watching in a bar in Cabo.

Love watching high levels of competition when it matters- pretty much no matter what sport it is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom