OT: - What sports don't catch your interest? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: What sports don't catch your interest?

Reaction Score
Not long ago I saw ESPN has a "pillow fighting", the most disgusting sport ever to me.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Yeah. I'm with you. It's gotta be soccer. I've tried and have liked what I saw if I take the time but there is no motivation to intentionally watch it.
My appreciation for soccer is probably only due to having attended UConn in the mid-late 70s when it was the only sport where we competed at the highest level. So I learned the intricacies of the game watching live on the pitch at Storrs. I imagine if I hadn't had that experience I'd find it incredibly dull as well.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's easier to say what I do watch.
College basketball - especially UConn.
MLB - since I'm now in Florida, usually the Rays. Yankees when their not on YES.
Some college football.

Reaction Score
Basketball, fight sports, football are really all I watch. I really enjoy Olympic sports you don't see much too.

I can deal with most anything else outside of golf and soccer.

Reaction Score
I’ll pretty much watch any sport but the NFL lately has been tough for me to get into. IMO it’s the most boring sport to watch currently in the US

Reaction Score
Pickleball, softball, cornhole, frisbee, these are great rec league sports for old guys. Don't watch 'em.

I once in a rare while will watch cornhole for a little while when it’s randomly on ESPN. Those “pros” are insanely good. They routinely get all four in the hole, and when they don’t, it’s because of strategy and great defense. And even with good defense, they often still get it in.

Reaction Score
ice hockey. I just have no interest, don’t know the sport, don’t particularly enjoy watching it.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I'm pretty much interested in just about any sport where I've officially competed. So that leaves field hockey and car racing.

There are sports that I have an interest in but only occasionally watch - lacrosse, swimming, tennis, volleyball, karate/boxing/MMA for example.

I don't watch much of the NFL except Pats and Packers (though not every game). And the Pats have been less interesting with the inept Mac Jones at the helm, glad that's over. Only the Sox for MLB and the Chaim Bloom era destroyed that. Was he a double agent for another team?

Reaction Score
Golf, race cars around an oval, cycling. I'm sure there's a lot more.

What I mostly watch:

1A. Serie A and Premier League soccer.
2A. NFL
2B. NCAA Men's Basketball
3. Napoli, Milan, Liverpool, Tottenham, Panathinaikos, Olympiakos in European Club championships
..... very, very, very distant 4th....
4. Celtics in playoffs...
5. Buffalo Sabres...
.....even more distant 6th...
5. Red Sox in postseason

I watch so much soccer, football and NCAA basketball that I have barely any time for anything else.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Other than tennis, and swimming in an Olympic year, it's women's "insert name of sport here"

Reaction Score
Soccer and golf just too slow of a sport for me. I’ll kind of watch socially but never by myself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Football - just boring to me with too many breaks
Hockey - used to be an avid fan until 96 and couldn’t care less anymore
Football - just boring to me with too many breaks
It's tough for me to watch a singular game of football without having some other side activity such as folding laundry or reading the BoneYard or some other material. However, I love NFL RedZone because there are no commercial breaks and the viewer really doesn't miss much action in any of the games. If a major play occurs, it will be shown. It just whips around to action in any of the games. TV time out in one game, it will go to another game. If there is an injury in one of the games, NFL RedZone will simply move their coverage to another game.

Hockey - used to be an avid fan until 96 and couldn’t care less anymore
I really can't watch hockey on TV as I don't think it's a great sport for TV. The only exception is if it's the last period of a close Bruins playoff game. I think watching hockey at the rink side is amazing, but the last time I did that was in the 90s when the Whalers played. Having said what I said about watching hockey on TV, I would probably be much more interested if the Hartford Whalers were still around, in fact I know I would be.

Reaction Score
Of the many popular sports which ones do you rarely or never watch? Or could easily switch channels to a movie.

For me it's soccer; it takes so long to score a point.

Also car racing; I don't see the attraction of watching cars going around in circles.
Regular season NBA basketball.
Big money NCAA Football.
MMA/Boxing.
Nascar.

I don't watch soccer, but I can get into the World Cup, especially teaching at an international school. I don't watch golf either, but if it's on at a bar or at someone's house, I can gather interest for a bit and it's mostly relaxing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom