OT: - What sports don't catch your interest? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: What sports don't catch your interest?

Reaction Score
Basketball, fight sports, football are really all I watch. I really enjoy Olympic sports you don't see much too.

I can deal with most anything else outside of golf and soccer.
MMA is interesting to me and I watch it, but I don't get too caught up in the drama between the fighters that the fighters themselves and the media artificially create. There are a lot of dumb fans that worship the fighters and treat them like they are messiahs based off of the personality acts these fighters present.

As for Olympic sports such as track, beach volleyball, regular volleyball, water polo, swimming etc. I only care about them 2 weeks out of every 208 weeks (4 years).

Reaction Score
Football - just boring to me with too many breaks
It's tough for me to watch a singular game of football without having some other side activity such as folding laundry or reading the BoneYard or some other material. However, I love NFL RedZone because there are no commercial breaks and the viewer really doesn't miss much action in any of the games. If a major play occurs, it will be shown. It just whips around to action in any of the games. TV time out in one game, it will go to another game. If there is an injury in one of the games, NFL RedZone will simply move their coverage to another game.

Hockey - used to be an avid fan until 96 and couldn’t care less anymore
I really can't watch hockey on TV as I don't think it's a great sport for TV. The only exception is if it's the last period of a close Bruins playoff game. I think watching hockey at the rink side is amazing, but the last time I did that was in the 90s when the Whalers played. Having said what I said about watching hockey on TV, I would probably be much more interested if the Hartford Whalers were still around, in fact I know I would be.
Exactly how I feel about the NFL. Love watching RedZone and the Cowboys. But unless you bet or have fantasy team regular season NFL games are a hard watch

Reaction Score
Soccer, NFL football (though still love the college game even with players making money) NBA basketball, bowling, the fad called pickleball (invented for people who have no clue on how to hold or swing a tennis racquet), auto racing, hunting (though love to fish).

Love tennis, golf, high school and college football, baseball, and swimming.

Reaction Score
And baseball...

Games take forever.

But, once in a while, will see a deciding game in the world series.

Actually, I did like that Lou Gehrig based story starring Gary Cooper with the cameos of Babe Ruth and the live shots of Gehrig himself.

Reaction Score
figure skating, women's BB, golf, MLB and NBA regular season, gymnastics

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
MMA is interesting to me and I watch it, but I don't get too caught up in the drama between the fighters that the fighters themselves and the media artificially create. There are a lot of dumb fans that worship the fighters and treat them like they are messiahs based off of the personality acts these fighters present.

As for Olympic sports such as track, beach volleyball, regular volleyball, water polo, swimming etc. I only care about them 2 weeks out of every 208 weeks (4 years).

I can't get excited over men's MMA under 150 lbs or women's MMA. It's like watching gnats fight.

Handball. It was good before the 2014 council re-made the rule book.

Snooker. Billiards is better.

Reaction Score
I don't watch the majority of sports, so I'll just list what I do watch.

I'll watch pretty much any NFL game (except preseason) with some level of interest, even if I'm not rooting for a particular team. That's probably the only sport I can say that about. I am very interested in UConn men's basketball and football, and will always watch those games. UConn women's basketball, I'll sometimes watch if it's an interesting/competitive regular season opponent, and I'll always watch tournament games. Related to that, I'll occasionally watch an NBA or WNBA game if there's a UConn alum playing and they're getting court time. UConn baseball or hockey, once in a while if the stakes are high.

I actually like watching the Connecticut Sun a lot now, and find myself watching their games (when on) and rooting for them. I do listen to most of the Yankees games on the radio, because they're rarely on TV (I still haven't tried subscribing to YES). I'm a legit lifelong fan since childhood. I'll watch the Knicks when they're on too, though I'm not really a diehard fan - more of a lifelong casual fan.

When UConn men's basketball is doing well, I'll take an interest in the other Big East games. I have trouble staying focused on other conference games, unless I perceive UConn to gain some benefit based on the outcome (say, moving up in the rankings). UConn football being in no man's land has made me somewhat bitter towards other college football programs, so I don't watch much. Occasionally I'll put a game on TV if it's convenient, but I don't pay close attention.

No Whalers, no hockey.

I'll watch NBA and MLB playoff games not involving the Yankees or Knicks, but rarely ordinary regular season games. World Cup soccer is interesting once they get to the quarterfinals or so. Once in a great while I'll watch figure skating or the Hartford pro soccer team.

I would never, ever watch MMA, boxing, or NASCAR. I find them viscerally unappealing. A close friend of mine loves Formula One, so I'll tolerate it when I'm over his house, but honestly it does nothing for me.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Women's hoops
NFL (Unless Red Zone or Chiefs game)
Soccer (outside Cup)
Baseball (unless World Series/Cardinals)
Bowling, Golf (all other fat participant sports)

Grew to love lacrosse b/c hs team was good. My son took interest in his early years.

Reaction Score
I think I could enjoy Hockey and Soccer a lot more if they increased the size of the Net/goal and that led to more scoring. As a more casual fan of these sports i'd prefer a 9-7 Hockey/soccer score over what it is now. If the top talent in the world can sprint for 60+ minutes or more and no one scores at all, something is fundamentally wrong with that sport.

Reaction Score

MMA fans are the worst. Walk around a Reality Fighting event at Mohegan--the collective IQ is 7.

Generally speaking, I prefer the sports with more restrictive skillsets. I would rather watch a no-gi BJJ event or a Muay Thai/Boxing match than a UFC fight. While MMA is cool, all I see as someone who has done both grappling and striking competitively is a lot of people who aren't GREAT at anything because they didn't specialize. That's especially true in the undercard.

Reaction Score
Bowling, Golf (all other fat participant sports)
:D

Interesting take. Never heard that before.

To put a positive spin on bowling and golf from the viewpoint of the above participants, maybe lifting and rolling a bowling ball for a game or two, is a form of strength training, as is a full forced swing with a golf club for a 100 to 200 foot distance during an 18 hole match.

I don't play either sport.

Reaction Score
Are you crazy?? They would’ve beaten the men head to head this year.

All joking aside? I really have tried to watch it at various levels. It just does nothing for me. It’s a super boring version of a very exciting, physically impressive sport.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
When I was a kid I just watched baseball. As a teenager and in my 20s I watched football. Sometime after that UConn hired Calhoun, and I became a college basketball fan, men and women. Now I only watch college basketball and road bicycling tours, like Le Tour de France.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Exactly how I feel about the NFL. Love watching RedZone and the Cowboys. But unless you bet or have fantasy team regular season NFL games are a hard watch
Now that baseball has sped things up, football is the worst watch live. Timeouts seem to take forever and there's just nothing to do. The most interesting person in the stadium at that point is the network guy who signals when play will resume. Games keep getting longer. Even college. I haven't been to the Rent in ages, but have been to several Pitt games. The silliness with obstructing the coaches with a barrier is annoying A.F. Even those games go 3 hours or more.

Reaction Score
I wish I like soccer...the workd can't be wrong right? But I can't get into it.

I like just about everything else.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
College Football. I’d rather watch paint dry. Truly the worst.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom