What other college basketball team do you like? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What other college basketball team do you like?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
When they're not playing UConn, I'll watch the occasional Nova game and root for them. Couple of reasons: 1) right now, Nova, more than UConn, keeps the BE relevant. They're the #1 until we knock them off; and 2) Jay Wright... I think he's a fantastic coach in all facets of the game, and he still wears suits on the sidelines, and nice ones at that.

I also watch some Pitt games and try to accentuate the positives in order to keep my wife in a stable mood.

Reaction Score
Hi. What other college basketball team do you like besides UConn? For me its the sacred heart pioneers
I got my Masters there (at a satellite school however) and one of my former players went there almost 10 years ago and had an amazing career. First time I actually set foot on campus was to see one of his games. Lord have they stunk though. I follow them along with Bryant, and URI pre and post Hurley.

Reaction Score
Memphis, love Penny and how he’s stealing top recruits from all the usual programs. At least publicly, he seems like a really good guy and loves the city. Rooting for them hard this year, let’s hope calipari doesn’t try to pull some shenanigans and get someone suspended again.

Reaction Score
My wife also made the awful decision to attend UNC. Luckily she's UVA fan first and foremost (undergrad for both of us) so never supported UNC athletics.

I try and root for NC st (did grad school there) but theyre just so painfully irrelevant in everything I can't get myself to do it...I do watch a lot of ACC bball because of numerous connections but can't really say I "like" any of them either...UVA notwithstanding

I hate that her UNC law degree pays our rent. Objectively I should love it... the campus and area is beautiful, and it's cheap as hell for a really solid degree. But the UConn fan in me can't get on board with it.

Reaction Score
When they're not playing UConn, I'll watch the occasional Nova game and root for them. Couple of reasons: 1) right now, Nova, more than UConn, keeps the BE relevant. They're the #1 until we knock them off; and 2) Jay Wright... I think he's a fantastic coach in all facets of the game, and he still wears suits on the sidelines, and nice ones at that.

I also watch some Pitt games and try to accentuate the positives in order to keep my wife in a stable mood.
I'm with storrsroars on this one. Consistently great team and Jay Wright is a class act. Plus he looks like a younger version of me before I ate too many peanut butter, banana and bacon sandwiches. What's not to love?

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
I hate that her UNC law degree pays our rent. Objectively I should love it... the campus and area is beautiful, and it's cheap as hell for a really solid degree. But the UConn fan in me can't get on board with it.
We all know how prestigious a degree from UNC is. The Professors are top notch & entirely focused on getting the most out of their students. Ask the basketball team.

Reaction Score
  1. Sacred Heart - My dad is an alum, sister is a professor and it's a 20 minute drive so it's a real easy place to catch a lot of games for a very reasonable price.
  2. Montana - My wife is an alum and I really like their coach, Travis DeCuire. Coincidentally, their starting point guard is Cameron Parker, a transfer from Sacred Heart.
  3. Other regionals that I've always enjoyed rooting for:
    1. Yale
    2. Vermont - It all started in '05 w/ Tom Brennan's squad beating Syracuse
    3. Saint Bonaventure - Mark Schmidt is one of the best coaches in basketball and I generally like the way they.
  4. My bandwagon mid-majors. Each year, or series of years, there are a few under-the-radar teams that I really like to follow:
    1. Colorado State - A potential top-25 team led by David Roddy, a 6'5 250 unicorn.
    2. Loyola Marymount - More unicorns between 6'6 232 point forward Eli Scott and 6'6 246 Keli Leaupepe.
    3. Belmont - Beautifully run offense. I'll catch their games against the better OVC teams like Morehead State and Murray State. Murray State is easy to root for too.
  5. My bandwagon high-major teams:
    1. Virginia Tech - I love Mike Young.
    2. Purdue - I love Matt Painter
    3. Washington State - I'm very interested in how Kyle Smith building their program.
    4. Florida State - I love Leonard Hamilton.
    5. Oklahoma State - I don't love him yet, but I really like Mike Boynton, especially how he's handled the program after inheriting their recruiting scandals.

Reaction Score
My mom went to Dayton so I’ve always followed them a little bit. I catch a couple of their games a year.
Heck of an offseason for Anthony Grant. Three top-150 prospects and Toumani Camara from Georgia (12.8 ppg) was a huge transfer get.

Between Camara/Amzil/Holmes, their frontcourt will be easily the best in the A-10 and is better than half of the high-major teams out there. With just one senior on the roster 22-23 could be a huge year for them.

Reaction Score
Heck of an offseason for Anthony Grant. Three top-150 prospects and Toumani Camara from Georgia (12.8 ppg) was a huge transfer get.

Between Camara/Amzil/Holmes, their frontcourt will be easily the best in the A-10 and is better than half of the high-major teams out there. With just one senior on the roster 22-23 could be a huge year for them.
They should be a fun team going forward. I’m still disappointed we didn’t get to see how they would have done in the tournament with Obi Toppin.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
It used to be Gonzaga, and quite passionately. Nowadays, they don’t feel too much like the lovable underdog punching above their weight. I still like them, but that affection isn’t completely there anymore.
Yeah, the way they are recruiting recently they're gonna be just another one and done factory.

Reaction Score
Every team in the Big East. I watched and loved every Big East team since I first started watching basketball as a child. During that 6-7 year span UConn was in that other hellhole the games I watched outside of UConn were still the Big East games.

Reaction Score
Iona- went first 3 years, finished at UConn. They’re looking like they got a shot at a NCAA tourney W this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom