What other college basketball team do you like? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What other college basketball team do you like?

Reaction Score
UVM Catamounts. Go Cats Go! But only because I live 25 minutes from the campus and am a basketball junkie. Catamounts are pretty big in these parts.
Bleed National Flag Blue, UConn hoops have been the only team I really root for going on 60 years.

Reaction Score
Zags.

I have known Mark Few since he was a $1,500 a year Grad Assistant was living on GU Asst Coach Billy Grier’s couch. Mark’s first day on campus he was pulled aside by the campus elders and told “You will never win this league and that is okay. Just don’t finish last. Last place isn’t tolerated around here.”

Dan Monson, Grier and Few set out to change that paradigm … and started their current “cute little run” by coming 33 seconds and a possession away from the Final Four in the ‘99 Regional Final v UConn (pretty sure many of you guys remember that one).
Until ‘17 Mark (and the Zags) had a grand total of one (1) Top 25 recruiting class.
And believe it or not, they’ve yet to hit their peak as a program. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reaction Score
Zags.

I have known Mark Few since he was a $1,500 a year Grad Assistant was living on GU Asst Coach Billy Grier’s couch. Mark’s first day on campus he was pulled aside by the campus elders and told “You will never win this league and that is okay. Just don’t finish last. Last place isn’t tolerated around here.”

Dan Monson, Grier and Few set out to change that paradigm … and started their current “cute little run” by coming 33 seconds and a possession away from the Final Four in the ‘99 Regional Final v UConn (pretty sure many of you guys remember that one).
Until ‘17 Mark (and the Zags) had a grand total of one (1) Top 25 recruiting class.
And believe it or not, they’ve yet to hit their peak as a program. Just my 2 cents worth.
Sorry ... can't find the delete or edit button here. Just felt compelled to chime in as Gonzaga had been mentioned above but upon reflection see that my post didn't really add to the discussion. Also ... I was a member years ago and "KNOW" I have more than one or two posts here ... so I'm thinking the system changed in the last couple of years.

And btw we LOVE having Sue Bird here in Seattle. Talk about a Champion.

Reaction Score
Like? Big Zero. However, favor some LT, current BE schools against the Dooks, UKs, KUs, unlikable Louisville, Baylor, and other similarly scummy schools. Hence, all things ACC and SEC. Favor most BE schools against NCAA tourney opponents. Not so much PC, and never St Johns.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Obvious one. Kansas. Many here cringe, but too bad. Three years of student season tickets and going to law school across the street from Allen Field House will do that to you. Even had a guy with an 88 national championship ring in my L-School class.

I like to see Wichita State do well, and Vermont. Aside from that, I have liked various specific teams over the years. The great Loyola Marymount teams. The 88-89 Illinois team. The Phi-Slama-Jama Houston teams. Some of Tarks UNLV teams. Anybody who successfully plays a run and press style. That said, I appreciated the really good Princeton teams too.

Reaction Score
UNC. Their uptempo pace on offense and great guard play has been historically fun to watch. I like rooting for them in the UNC Duke rivalry. Also having some of the best jerseys and custom Jordans doesn’t hurt either.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
UNC. Their uptempo pace on offense and great guard play has been historically fun to watch. I like rooting for them in the UNC Duke rivalry. Also having some of the best jerseys and custom Jordans doesn’t hurt either.

You are clearly somewhat young if you associate UNC with up-tempo play. Google "Dean Smith 4 corners". Most horribly slow playing program ever.

Reaction Score
New Mexico Lobos. For the past 3 years I’ve travel to Albuquerque frequently for work. The Pit is a great college hoops atmosphere and the fan base is equally mad online after a loss. Following the lobos has certainly made me very appreciative of Hurley.

Reaction Score
New Mexico Lobos. For the past 3 years I’ve travel to Albuquerque frequently for work. The Pit is a great college hoops atmosphere and the fan base is equally mad online after a loss. Following the lobos has certainly made me very appreciative of Hurley.
The week I spent in Albuquerque for work made me truly respect the Lobos and their fanbase. After how he handled his firing, I've grown to like Richard Pitino and I'm impressed with the amount of talent he's brought into the program.

In its own way, New Mexico sports is kind of like UConn sports: they're treated like a pro team in a state without pro sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom