What next? | The Boneyard

What next?

Reaction Score
Obviously there is a ton of stuff going on.. was wondering now who UConn can get. I could care less about rankings and care way more on players who are smart and tough competitors, but time is also running out. Never really was sold on MAL, it would've been nice to have him but there are plenty of guards out there who fit in and he isn't better than any guard on the roster currently. These last two weeks have been crazy, but if they can land any combo of Harris, Waters, Juiston, Garrison Brooks, it would definitely be a positive. Only player out of those four that I know UConn is being seriously considered is Harris. Anyone know if the staff is looking at the other three and are there any other players I'm missing? I've heard about UW decommit Diarra as well

Reaction Score
Waiting game 224 for all of us. I would hope we can find some suitable replacements for one or 2 that we lost via transfer but we will see. I mean not an easy time for any of us with questions but need to be patient and watch the process. Need more bodies but definitely would also like an impact or 2. Not a lot being said aloud but that's okay some things better behind the scenes.

If you're not nervous about the happenings you're crazy, but getting all worked up in a sky is falling manner is not necessary. Have faith, they will get better.

Reaction Score
With 4 open scholarships now I think we need to go after Ayayi hard and sell him on the idea of redshirting and learning from Adams/Gilbert for a year.

Apart from him, Harris and Juiston are the main guys I'd like to target. Cameron Johnson from Pitt will be immediately eligible and have 2 years of eligibility left, although I'd imagine he'll get interest from everyone with space

At this point I think we need a grad transfer big for next year. Not too familiar with the options but from my brief looks Sean Obi or Kameron Rooks would be good. Think there was also an Ivy League kid as well. None would be difference makers but at this point we just need minites at the 4/5 positions

At this point I don't think it's completely out of the question to expect something like Harris/Ayayi, Diarra, Rooks, and a grad transfer guard/wing

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but if our knee-riddled Mamadou Diarra stays healthy and out of foul trouble, he will dunk a lot of basketballs and average around 6-8 rebounds a game.

I hope this is whats next up.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but if our knee-riddled Mamadou Diarra stays healthy and out of foul trouble, he will dunk a lot of basketballs and average around 6-8 rebounds a game.

I hope this is whats next up.
Something... something... Diarra flushes it... something... poop joke.... *laughter*

Reaction Score
My #1 hope is Juwan Durham stays with the process and is still here when the smoke clears. I believe in this kid being a very good player for us down the road and potentially next year depending on where is he mentally with his injuries. He does some real nice stuff around the rim and can make shots from the lane.

I forget about Diarra (one we do have in place) and the hope was he would have played a few minutes in game this year with next year bring his break out. The injury hurt that process but if he is healthy I do see him being a space eater and rebounder still. We certainly aren't sure of what we will get from Josh and Eric but who knows what surprises lurk out there?

Rooks would be nice, a one year guy with some skills who would be especially good in the half court sets. Eats some space and has some offensive game - experience helps too. Johnson would be real nice but does his 2 years fit the plan of KO, Chillious and Killings with what they are working on for the future, like even a Diarra (new one)? Obi, made a bad choice basketball wise listening to K although as I've said this kid has other plans in the future, but did he practice enough to be ready to help for a year? Impressive stats at Rice for a freshman but it seems decades ago.

Again lots of moving pieces but need to get a hit or 2 for sure. Interesting place for a few weeks no doubt. (for so many reasons:rolleyes:)

Reaction Score
My #1 hope is Juwan Durham stays with the process and is still here when the smoke clears. I believe in this kid being a very good player for us down the road and potentially next year depending on where is he mentally with his injuries. He does some real nice stuff around the rim and can make shots from the lane.

I forget about Diarra (one we do have in place) and the hope was he would have played a few minutes in game this year with next year bring his break out. The injury hurt that process but if he is healthy I do see him being a space eater and rebounder still. We certainly aren't sure of what we will get from Josh and Eric but who knows what surprises lurk out there?

Rooks would be nice, a one year guy with some skills who would be especially good in the half court sets. Eats some space and has some offensive game - experience helps too. Johnson would be real nice but does his 2 years fit the plan of KO, Chillious and Killings with what they are working on for the future, like even a Diarra (new one)? Obi, made a bad choice basketball wise listening to K although as I've said this kid has other plans in the future, but did he practice enough to be ready to help for a year? Impressive stats at Rice for a freshman but it seems decades ago.

Again lots of moving pieces but need to get a hit or 2 for sure. Interesting place for a few weeks no doubt. (for so many reasons:rolleyes:)

Agree on Durham. He was our most fluid and fundamentally sound big this year, even in limited minutes. He's just deeply hampered by: 1) his weight. He got pushed around and couldn't finish the pretty moves; 2) Mentally. You could tell he was hesitant to be the first to the floor in games. I would be too if I tore both ACLs in the last 18 months, but we need that to change ASAP

Reaction Score
I'm irrationally more excited about Cobb after South Carolina's final four run.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom