What level of accomplishment this season would satisfy you | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What level of accomplishment this season would satisfy you

Reaction Score
Haven't seen anyone mention this, but I would like them to roll off a winning streak of 7-8 games at some point in the season. By doing that it would give them a boat load of confidence, something needed big time for any post season.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Make the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with that list I was just clarifying

maybe I'm asking too much, I don't know. Just getting tired of the increasingly standard substandard (by UConn standards).

I'm also feeling salty due to what's going on with Football (even though I realize that's now a full bore rebuilding project)

Edit: I think I would change one thing: For the AAC Conference tournament, I'l change it to "make some major noise" rather than the specific make championship game.

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think it would be an accomplishment if the people who used to show up only after a loss to spew their negativity, stops showing up after a win (which is fairly new) to point out why the win was a shallow victory because the team still sucks.
And beat East Carolina.

Reaction Score
This is UConn, expectations have become too low. In the old days, my list would have been standard fare to expect. Why do we expect less now?

Edit:
All I'm asking for is make the NCAA and 1(!) win
Be competitive in the conference (not exactly murderer's row here.....)
Have some sort of run in the conference tournament (see above)
No transfers means stability
Ollie being Ollie of old

There's nothing outrageous on this list.
I do not think it is too much to ask for.

If Uconn does not finish Top 3 or win the AAC tourney, it is unlikely they get an invite, sadly. Maybe they sneak in if they are #4 and without the AACT, but that is leaving your destiny in the hands of the committee and hard to imagine. No thanks, so yes, a top 3 finish is needed IMO. I really do not think that is too much to ask. Finish behind WSU and Cincy (likely) and ahead of UCF and SMU and a (likely) improved Temple. Regardless of fair or not, #4 in the AAC and no AAC tourney win will likely not get it done. Unless the AAC has an exceptional, nearly flawless OOC, including Uconn which will be super tough with tons of growing pains in November.

Reaction Score
It's a nebulous metric, but I'd like to end the season feeling like the program as a whole is back on the upswing. Getting tired of dicey offseasons followed by a mediocre product on the court. As much as I love KO as a coach, it seems like he's constantly salvaging things or starting from scratch and thus resetting the predictive timeline for when we'll get back to national prominence, but the fires he's putting out are frequently of his own making. I'd just like to go into the off season with some confidence that the younger players have improved and that we're heading in the right direction overall.

Reaction Score
Hard to quantify in the final record for me or an NCAA birth (outside variables in making tourney). They need to pass the eye test, are they being well coached? Are players showing improvement? Is the team competitive night in and night out giving them a chance to win. I get this team will have growing pains, but going to places like SMU and losing by 20 is just demoralizing to the fans and program. I agree with other posters that if I had to see one thing tangible this year it would be a top three finish in AAC.

Reaction Score
To accomplish some of the things I've been reading the team has to have 3 point shots. We don't have to live and die by it but we need 4-5 makes per game. So where do they come from? Vital can give us 3, Jalen 2, Gilbert 1 and now and then Larrier for 1. Gilbert taking them from 5 feet behind the line doesn't work. Jalen and Gilbert are intent on creating offense for the big men but I hope that KO is trying to set up plays and create shots for them because it's the only way that it can happen.

Reaction Score
Beat Cuse

Feel like I am watching a prepared basketball team

The rest will take care of itself

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Play team ball at both ends of the court with consistency and intensity. The rest would fall into place.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Go at least 4-1 in November and make the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom