What level of accomplishment this season would satisfy you | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What level of accomplishment this season would satisfy you

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Minimum: Make the tournament. Don’t care if it’s an auto bid or at large. That’s my minimum.

Many of you saying your MINIMUM is sweet sixteen or top 3 AAC need to re-evaluate.

Final four or Sweet sixteen or top 3 AAC or win the league... those are good goals but that’s not what @whaler11 was asking.

Reaction Score
Step forward, I guess.

Be top-3 in the conference, be competitive, be in the mix for a tournament spot... that's what i'd hope for.

I just legitimately have no idea with this group. I mean the talent is clearly there for them to be good enough to get to the tournament. I think if *all the cards* fall the right way - they could be a sweet 16 team. I don't think that'll happen, but I think that could be the swing in the positive. I also could see this being a 12-15 win grade-A molten disaster.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Be playing the second weekend preferred, but at least win one game. Just getting to the tournament isn't enough.

Reaction Score
What level of accomplishment would satisfy me?

Short response: Whatever it takes to get some national exposure in late February and into at least Mid March and be seen as, once again, relevant.

I would guess that would require a Top 3 finish in the AAC, while being close to the top of the AAC until late, at least an appearance in the finals of the AAC, no awful losses OOC and a sweet 16 appearance. That is what I want as far as level of accomplishment. Is it too much to ask?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
What level of accomplishment would satisfy me?

Short response: Whatever it takes to get some national exposure in late February and into at least Mid March and be seen as, once again, relevant.

I would guess that would require a Top 3 finish in the AAC, while being close to the top of the AAC until late, at least an appearance in the finals of the AAC, no awful losses OOC and a sweet 16 appearance. That is what I want as far as level of accomplishment. Is it too much to ask?

You can define success anyway you want but if they go to the S16 do you really care if they had a bad OOC loss?

Or if they lose early in the AAC tourney?

It’s a lot of conditions where the only one that would seemingly matter is a trip to the Sweet Sixteen.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
After casually watching these two exhibition games...

A non-losing record would be my basement for satisfaction

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I think it would be an accomplishment if the people who used to show up only after a loss to spew their negativity, stops showing up after a win (which is fairly new) to point out why the win was a shallow victory because the team still sucks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At-large tournament bid (assuming we don't get the AAC auto-bid) is a success. 2nd weekend should merit a parade.

Reaction Score
Not even Anderson?

He’s graduating after this year so he doesn’t count. But I’m glad we got him.

When I say no transfers... I say that it would be an accomplishment for us as a program to keep all our current/future players on the roster. We need to keep these young bucks where they belong in Storrs. Grow them. Feed them. Give them skillz. Then turn em loose like hungry dawgs in Gampel/XL.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
play solid basketball come January 20th and dancing

with entirely new rotations and little experience, November and December will be a crap shoot

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Second weekend is always the measure for non-title contending teams. The only excuse is getting matched up with a 1 or a 2 seed in the second round.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Making the NCAA tournament as an at large bid would have me feeling a lot better about the program.

If they have a mediocre but they win 3 in the AAC to get an auto bid I would feel happy to make it but it also makes our future that much more murky.

But hey, we're just fans can't expect anything, can't measure success, can't be critical. All were allowed to do is watch and nod our heads.

Reaction Score
  • Comfortably make tournament (no last minute shenanigans needed to get in).
  • 1 win in NCAA tournament
  • Top 3 in AAC
  • Championship game of AAC tournament
  • Have opponents become at least mildly intimidated that they have to play UConn.
  • No Transfers at end of year
  • Ollie jumping around on the sidelines like the good old days. Enough T’s to count off on one hand (at least)
  • Resurrect national conversation on ‘why is UConn stuck in the AAC?” again.

Last edited:

Wordbomar

Reaction Score
  • Comfortably make tournament (no last minute shenanigans needed to get in).
  • 1 win in NCAA tournament
  • Top 3 in AAC
  • Championship game of AAC tournament
  • Have opponents become at least mildly intimidated that they have to play UConn.
  • No Transfers at end of year
  • Ollie jumping around on the sidelines like the good old days. Enough T’s to count off on one hand (at least)
  • Resurrect national conversation on ‘why is UConn stuck in the AAC?” again.

This is your minimum? So if one of these doesn’t happen you consider the season a failure?

Reaction Score
This is your minimum? So if one of these doesn’t happen you consider the season a failure?
This is UConn, expectations have become too low. In the old days, my list would have been standard fare to expect. Why do we expect less now?

Edit:
All I'm asking for is make the NCAA and 1(!) win
Be competitive in the conference (not exactly murderer's row here.....)
Have some sort of run in the conference tournament (see above)
No transfers means stability
Ollie being Ollie of old

There's nothing outrageous on this list.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I think we should all keep in mind that this is probably our most difficult schedule since 2014. Doesn't mean I won't be disappointed (and likely questioning the direction of this program) if we don't make the Tourney this year.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Losing in the first round does nothing for this program. The narrative has to be that UConn is back (did they really ever leave, they won 2 titles this decade?) Parenthetical included.

Otherwise it becomes, Will UConn ever be good again.

The AAC means we are automatically dropped 2 seed lines including bubble spots. Just a fact.

Wordbomar

Reaction Score
This is UConn, expectations have become too low. In the old days, my list would have been standard fare to expect. Why do we expect less now?

Edit:
All I'm asking for is make the NCAA and 1(!) win
Be competitive in the conference (not exactly murderer's row here.....)
Have some sort of run in the conference tournament (see above)
No transfers means stability
Ollie being Ollie of old

There's nothing outrageous on this list.

I have no problem with that list I was just clarifying

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom