What is with this 2024 SUNJ developing recruiting story? | The Boneyard

What is with this 2024 SUNJ developing recruiting story?

Reaction Score
Why, given tourney history?

1694178571055.png

1694178418730.png

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
#2 overall recruit Dylan Harper in America is from NJ and his brother played under Pike and their other big fish has a relationship with Brevin Knight (assistant under Pike).

Not to mention they've been pretty good, play in a good league, and have a great home court.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Rutgers was called a sleeping giant for so long it shouldn't be surprising if it finally happens

Reaction Score

There's this:
Adidas $$$ and personal relationships

this:

#2 overall recruit Dylan Harper in America is from NJ and his brother played under Pike and their other big fish has a relationship with Brevin Knight (assistant under Pike).

Not to mention they've been pretty good, play in a good league, and have a great home court.

also this:
Their head coach is a good recruiter and developer of talent. I would assume he received an education from a pretty good school.

and this is important too.
Because tournament history doesn’t matter. It’s about the coach, the conference, the PT, the NIL, the surrounding team.

Excited Season 4 GIF by The Office

pj

Reaction Score
Rutgers was called a sleeping giant for so long it shouldn't be surprising if it finally happens

A hibernating giant. Maybe spring is here.

Reaction Score
They have the same institutional/environmental benefits as us with a better overall conference situation, so it makes sense that it could catch fire in NJ.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
A hibernating giant. Maybe spring is here.
Barely detectable pulse for a long time. Amazing a school with that many upsides went so long between tournament appearances.
Unlike a lot of people here, I don't begrudge them anything. I don't want to lose recruits, obviously, but their fans suffered long enough

Reaction Score
....."head coach is a good recruiter and developer of talent"......sorry, he has ONE victory in the NCAA tourney in 18 years.....somehow he fell in with a group of desperate incompetents who guaranteed him 30M......ridiculous.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
This thread is a slight step above from worrying about Syracuse. Which I actually kinda dig now, because Rutgers is ahead of Syracuse on the pecking order. That’s gotta sting our Canadian friends.

Reaction Score
A comatose giant. But they have an ocassional good year.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
After UConn I follow RU for lots of reasons! Very hopeful that this recruiting class with Gavin will put them deep into the tournament. My family was not happy about losing Cam

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
....."head coach is a good recruiter and developer of talent"......sorry, he has ONE victory in the NCAA tourney in 18 years.....somehow he fell in with a group of desperate incompetents who guaranteed him 30M......ridiculous.
Be nice to Steve Pike. He still bleeds UConn blue and white. Maybe you are too young to know.

Reaction Score
A fantastic job from the coaching staff to build connections and foster relationships. They're right on the edge of turning a corner into being a really good team, but haven't been able to fully do it yet. Personally I hope they succeed and get a lot of great local recruits (as long as they don't come at our expense) and turn into a tournament team

I'm sure they'll be willing to use up all the NIL available to them so it's not like nobody is getting money there, but it's refreshing to see recruiting being done the "right" way. Always going to root for Pikiell. Also very willing to take Cam Spencer from him. Recruiting is a super complex beast

Reaction Score
Be nice to Steve Pike. He still bleeds UConn blue and white. Maybe you are too young to know.
......umm....maybe not.....went to EC with Joey Whelton....who thank God never took a dime from frigin' SUNJ.

Reaction Score
Barely detectable pulse for a long time. Amazing a school with that many upsides went so long between tournament appearances.
Unlike a lot of people here, I don't begrudge them anything. I don't want to lose recruits, obviously, but their fans suffered long enough
Their fans suffered... who cares ? I don't give two shytes about any other team's fans for one single, solitary second

Reaction Score
......umm....maybe not.....went to EC with Joey Whelton....who thank God never took a dime from frigin' SUNJ.
I also went to EC with Joe. Class of 73. Had our 50th reunion last night. Great time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom