What is with the love for Alabama? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

What is with the love for Alabama?

Reaction Score
Considering the only active college coaches with multiple championships are K, Roy, Wright, and Pitino the chances Nate Oats will have multiple championships is really slim.
Same with Hurley then too, right? Someone has to be next. Of the young coaches who haven't won one yet, who would you put YOUR money on?

Reaction Score
One game at a time. "Stuff" happens in the Tournament. If UConn wins their next two I really like their chances of representing the region because of match ups downstream.

Reaction Score
We are dooooomed, worst seeding/bracket for a UConn team eva. Doomed I say.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Hmmmm....people are saying that Alabama is good. Their record is good: but are they really that good? They went 5-4 in OOC including loses to Stanford and Western Kentucky. The won the SEC that is overrated. Arkansas (SEC #2) played NOBODY out of conference, LSU (#3) lost their only marque game (Texas Tech) and beat nobody. Tennesse has one impressive win over Kansas, and Missouri has two (Illinois and Oregon). Ole Miss, Florida, and Kentucky all choked OOC. So the top 8 teams in the conference combined for three good wins and the majority of these teams played at least 25 games so they can't say they lacked opportunities.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm....people are saying that Alabama is good. Their record is good: but are they really that good? They went 5-4 in OOC including loses to Stanford and Western Kentucky. The won the SEC that is overrated. Arkansas (SEC #2) played NOBODY out of conference, LSU (#3) lost their only marque game (Texas Tech) and beat nobody. Tennesse has one impressive win over Kansas, and Missouri has two (Illinois and Oregon). Ole Miss, Florida, and Kentucky all choked OOC. So the top 8 teams in the conference combined for three good wins and the majority of these teams played at least 25 games so they can't say they lacked opportunities.
I’ve watched them a couple times this year. They’re good, not great. I haven’t been understanding people making them seem like Goliath. They aren’t

Reaction Score
Now do the Big East.

Villanova over Texas
UConn over USC
????

Alabama isn't unbeatable. They're very good, though, and certainly better than any team we've beaten by a wide margin.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Now do the Big East.

Villanova over Texas
UConn over USC
????

Alabama isn't unbeatable. They're very good, though, and certainly better than any team we've beaten by a wide margin.
Marquette over UNC and Wisconsin. Xavier over Oklahoma. The Big East also has fewer teams and had way fewer opportunities.

If we get there on Monday, this is a 4/5 matchup not a 2/7 matchup. Alabama has no business being a 2 seed and we have no business being a 7.

Reaction Score
Marquette over UNC and Wisconsin. Xavier over Oklahoma. The Big East also has fewer teams and had way fewer opportunities.

If we get there on Monday, this is a 4/5 matchup not a 2/7 matchup. Alabama has no business being a 2 seed and we have no business being a 7.
I did forget a few of those wins. You are touting wins against 8 seeds, but point taken.

This is a weird year. Lots of cancelled games. Given the abbreviated OOC, I'm not sure there's all that much information we can draw from it. The Kansas that lost to Gonzaga looks far different than the team we see now. And Alabama won their conference and their conference tournament. They were a clear 2-seed.

If Bouk didn't get hurt at all, our team would probably be on the 3/4 line, so I agree with you in part. We'd probably have gotten ourselves to the 5 if we had beaten Creighton this past weekend. Oh well. We'll be underdogs if we beat Maryland (and they beat Iona!), but the line will look closer to something like a 7/10 matchup than a 2/7 if it happens.

Reaction Score

MIssouri beat Illinois, Tennessee beat Kansas, Florida won at West Virginia. Those are all top 3 seeds unlike the Big East's wins, which are all 6 seed or below except Texas.

Alabama is very much a 2 seed. 19-2 in any major conference is unbelievable. Of the tournament teams from SEC, Alabama had 6/9 games on road/neutral as well, but still went 7-2.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
MIssouri beat Illinois, Tennessee beat Kansas, Florida at West Virginia.
I missed Florida but still the entire conference had 4 impressive wins. Not good.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
The Big 12 IMO was the most impressive this year. Every team that got in the tournament won at least one big game OOC.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I did forget a few of those wins. You are touting wins against 8 seeds, but point taken.

This is a weird year. Lots of cancelled games. Given the abbreviated OOC, I'm not sure there's all that much information we can draw from it. The Kansas that lost to Gonzaga looks far different than the team we see now. And Alabama won their conference and their conference tournament. They were a clear 2-seed.

If Bouk didn't get hurt at all, our team would probably be on the 3/4 line, so I agree with you in part. We'd probably have gotten ourselves to the 5 if we had beaten Creighton this past weekend. Oh well. We'll be underdogs if we beat Maryland (and they beat Iona!), but the line will look closer to something like a 7/10 matchup than a 2/7 if it happens.
I could see 3 seed but no way a 2 seed. They lost to Stanford, Western Kentucky, Clemson, and Oklahoma OOC.

Reaction Score
Because the winner of UConn Maryland won't be playing Alabama's history, they'll be playing their 2021 team which is a really good team. Your post gets even weirder the further I read along. You would rather play Bama than Duke or Kentucky, yikes.
They are good. Imho i think Uconn drew the best #2 seed. If we can beat Bama we can beat anyone else in that bracket.

Reaction Score
I could see 3 seed but no way a 2 seed. They lost to Stanford, Western Kentucky, Clemson, and Oklahoma OOC.
They have 8 Quad 1 wins (tied for 3rd most in the nation) and 9 Quad 2 wins (most in the nation). That 2 seed has to go to someone.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They have 8 Quad 1 wins (tied for 3rd most in the nation) and 9 Quad 2 wins (most in the nation). That 2 seed has to go to someone.
That's my point. Those Q1 and Q2 wins are against SEC schools (who are overrated). The NET should not mean as much this year because the data points are skewed toward the SEC and Big 10 because they were overrated coming into the season and got to keep their lofty rankings due to lack of OOC.

The Big East was critically hurt this year due to lack of OOC opportunities. Had the playing fields been level in a normal year, the Big East likely would have gotten 6 teams. The fact that the #9 team beat 2 top-30 teams and the #7 beat a top-30 team should say something. Not only that, had Marquette not dropped games against Providence and DePaul they would probably have been in this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are good. Imho i think Uconn drew the best #2 seed. If we can beat Bama we can beat anyone else in that bracket.

Michigan at full strength is very, very good. Better than us. But they may not be. Agree it is wide open though. Texas and FSU are teams I view as comparable, not better than UConn.

Alabama is legit. I think some people here may be hung up on “they are a football school”. Well get used to that. Most of the top teams are football schools now.

Reaction Score
That's my point. Those Q1 and Q2 wins are against SEC schools (who are overrated). The NET should not mean as much this year because the data points are skewed toward the SEC and Big 10 because they were overrated coming into the season and got to keep their lofty rankings due to lack of OOC.

The Big East was critically hurt this year due to lack of OOC opportunities. Had the playing fields been level in a normal year, the Big East likely would have gotten 6 teams. The fact that the #9 team beat 2 top-30 teams and the #7 beat a top-30 team should say something. Not only that, had Marquette not dropped games against Providence and DePaul they would probably have been in this year.
How about if UCONN wins you can change your name to King shizzle787, but if we should lose...you only get to lurk. I think that since you have beaten this thread into the ground... that would be fair.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
How about if UCONN wins you can change your name to King shizzle787, but if we should lose...you only get to lurk. I think that since you have beaten this thread into the ground... that would be fair.
Now you’ve done it.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
You're on.

Reaction Score
This thread is bad mojo on steroids. Until / unless we get past Maryland and the Red Waves get past Slick Rick, there's no point in even talking about this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom