What is the hype about? seriously? | The Boneyard

What is the hype about? seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not dogging on the hire. I just dont know anything about this guy.

He was a DC at Notre Dame....ok... Thats not a huge deal
He was a DC at Cinci ...ok...so what? TJW was OC at UConn... same same?
I watched one of his pregame speaches...it was motivational, but 1.5M for a motivational speaker? Also, he seemed a bit phoney while saying it.

I just dont understand why this guy is such a big deal. I want it to be a big deal. I really do, I guess I just dont know enough about this guy. That's why I'm posting this. To get some information. Help me out here. Please remember, I'm not dogging on the hire at all. I just dont understand the gravity of it.

--C

Last edited:
Reaction Score

He was a DC at Cinci ...ok...so what? TJW was OC at Cinci...
I watched one of his pregame speaches...it was motivational, but 1.5M for a motivational speaker? Also, he seemed a bit phoney while saying it.

I just dont understand why this guy is such a big deal. I want it to be a big deal. I really do, I guess I just dont know enough about this guy. That's why I'm posting this. To get some information. Help me out here. Please remember, I'm not dogging on the hire at all. I just dont understand the gravity of it.

--C

Not a good idea to speak on things you know very little about.

Reaction Score
Dude, He was a finalist and then the winner of the best assistant in the country last year. Clearly recognized as one of the best Assistants in the country. Where exactly do you think coaches come from?

Reaction Score
Why can't we keep all conversation contained within one thread regarding the hire? Is it too hard to ask?>

Reaction Score
Your asking for info? You posted his info. You are just an offspring of Nelsonmuntz. Stop the attention seeking. You are a 19 year old who needs to get a hug from hiz momma.

Reaction Score
Well, you see, ah....I give up.

What I like about you is that you never let ignorance slow you down.

Keep on truckin' in whatever random, oblivious direction you're truckin' in.
I am claiming ignorance. I dont know why he is such a big deal. Just calling it as I see it. Hey, I'm happy Coach P is gone. This guys seems like an upgrade for sure. I just dont understand why everyone is all like "OMG!" we got Diaco

Reaction Score
TJW was WR coach at UC, not the OC. His first OC job at this level was with us. Would be thrilled if Diaco could retain him in that capacity, at least for a year until TJW gets a head job elsewhere.

As others have mentioned it is too early to assess his HC ability, but it is a great hire for UConn from both a potential stand point and a statement stand point.
The whole process is a complete 180 to what was done 3 years ago. Warde has gotten a lot of flack on this board over the past year, and most of it was knee-jerk and unwarranted (in my opinion), but even his harshest critics should be pretty pumped with this hire.

Reaction Score
Your asking for info? You posted his info. You are just an offspring of Nelsonmuntz. Stop the attention seeking. You are a 19 year old who needs to get a hug from hiz momma.
LoL. no no no. I honestly want some information as to what all the hype is about.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
First, TJW was not OC at Cinci, he was a WR coach.

Second, he was not just DC, but he was also the Assistant Head Coach at ND.

Third, he turned around a bad, demoralized defense into one of the best last season and played for a national title (Lembo ain't got that kind of of experience).

Fourth, the guy is a solid recruiter with connections to our (arguably) most important recruiting ground. He can sell his time at ND, which still carries a lot of weight in these parts, and he works hard at it (see articles about flying across the country at 4am to save a recruit).

Fifth, head coaches come from big-time program coordinator jobs and we got one of the better ones (runner-up Bowles 2011, winner 2012).

Sixth, the guy is young. This is the beginning of his career and you better believe he is going to work his off.

And seventh, and most important for this fan, he wants to be here. This is a building job and the fact that he convinced Warde he was up for it, and put signed his name and fifteen year reputation on the line to do it is enough for me. I want guys that want to be here. He does, and that has me pumped up. I can't wait for the presser.

Reaction Score
TJW was WR coach at UC, not the OC. His first OC job at this level was with us. Would be thrilled if Diaco could retain him in that capacity, at least for a year until TJW gets a head job elsewhere.

As others have mentioned it is too early to assess his HC ability, but it is a great hire for UConn from both a potential stand point and a statement stand point.
The whole process is a complete 180 to what was done 3 years ago. Warde has gotten a lot of flack on this board over the past year, and most of it was knee-jerk and unwarranted (in my opinion), but even his harshest critics should be pretty pumped with this hire.
Thank you for giving me honest and real info there. This is what I am looking for. not a hard time from people who think I'm dogging on the guy.

Reaction Score
The gravity is this - we got a highly respected coach out of a top name school and it shows we are serious about our program. It shows that we are in the game. That's all we can say right now. Maybe Lembo or TJW would have been a better coach (you never know) but we didn't go on the cheap and and we got a highly respected guy.

Reaction Score
First, TJW was not OC at Cinci, he was a WR coach.

Second, he was not just DC, but he was also the Assistant Head Coach at ND.

Third, he turned around a bad, demoralized defense into one of the best last season and played for a national title (Lembo ain't got that kind of of experience).

Fourth, the guy is a solid recruiter with connections to our (arguably) most important recruiting ground. He can sell his time at ND, which still carries a lot of weight in these parts, and he works hard at it (see articles about flying across the country at 4am to save a recruit).

Fifth, head coaches come from big-time program coordinator jobs and we got one of the better ones (runner-up Bowles 2011, winner 2012).

Sixth, the guy is young. This is the beginning of his career and you better believe he is going to work his off.

And seventh, and most important for this fan, he wants to be here. This is a building job and the fact that he convinced Warde he was up for it, and put signed his name and fifteen year reputation on the line to do it is enough for me. I want guys that want to be here. He does, and that has me pumped up. I can't wait for the presser.
Beautiful. Thank you very much. This is exactly the info I'm looking for. I corrected the OC/Weist thing.

Reaction Score
You posted his frickin resume in your first post. What other info are you looking for? You need to stop the juvenile attention seeking.

"I know...I'll post a dumb thread and get people to respond. That's better than the hugs I never got as a child"

Reaction Score

--C

this was posted in the Bob Diaco thread but I think it will help you out here.. one of the best breakdowns of HCBD I have read thus far

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.co...aco-notre-dame-cal-bears-head-coaching-search

Reaction Score
this was posted in the Bob Diaco thread but I think it will help you out here.. one of the best breakdowns of HCBD I have read thus far

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.co...aco-notre-dame-cal-bears-head-coaching-search

If those anecdotal accounts of Coach D's interviews and analogies to his team are true, we'd better keep TJ around just so people have some idea of what is going on. Seems to be a smart, competent coach but maybe not the straight talker that Coach Weist is. Have to assume that Warde understood exactly what he was saying or he wouldn't have hired him.

Reaction Score

--C

Some people are as dumb as they seem.

Reaction Score

--C
Here is a good synopsis:

Reaction Score

--C
Do you seriously not know how to do a google search???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom