What is the difference | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Who cares? Schiano moved on to an NFL gig. Don't you think Rutgers wishes he was still there? Belichick praised him all the time and drafted his players. I think the guy knows his football and can coach kids up very well. I don't think he's great at X's and O's. I know it's trendy to hate RU thanks to the gift that was dropped in their lap, but Schiano was very good for them, so I don't mind the comparison.

Rutgers bowl wins pre Schiano: 0. Rutgers bowl wins under Schiano: 5. In fact, given the bowl losses the last two seasons, they are lifetime bowl winless with any other coach (a trend that will continue when ND mauls them this year).

Reaction Score
Between how Bob expresses himself compared to Greg Schiano?

Not sure what the point is. Say what you want about GS, but he generated a lot of interest and excitement around Rutgers football, or at least a hell of a lot more than existed before he arrived. Let's hope Diaco is successful in that endeavor as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can't like or agree more. We finally have someone that is going to sell our program with GREAT enthusiasm. This is exactly what we need. No idea how he turns out as a coach, but as so right now I could not be happier. Reminds me a little of John Gruden ( delivery style, enthusiasm ). I actually do understand a few people who consider he laid it on thick, but I for one will take that any day over what we have had in the past.

Then your processes and outcome goals are lacking.

You can like more and you can agree more. Wake up every morning with the goal of liking and agreeing more. Do behavioral tasks that advance you towards that goal. If waking up unshaven in yesterday's sweats helps you towards that goal. Go for it.

EGO can amo magis.

Reaction Score
Diaco did lay it on a little thick for my taste at a few points in the presser. He's got to relax and tone it down just a bit, IMO. He seemed to be always trying for the "home run" answer. When asked how long he'd had his sights set on the UConn HC job, for example, "always" was just a silly response.

I liked 90% of what he had to say, and I'll write the rest off as exuberance at getting the job. The good news is, the guy clearly has a pulse. And I'd rather he be trying to do too much rather than too little. I have to think that as he settles in as HC he'll become a lot more comfortable with the role and a lot of this will just get ironed out on its own.
My favorite was when he was describing The American Conference bowl lineup. LMAO. But you know what, I love the enthusiasm and sales job. If he coaches half as good were in for a real treat. As others have mentioned, players are going to want to runs through walls for this guy. He had clearly done his research or maybe just knew the facts about the area. Quickly pointed out a CT kid that he recruited to UVA that is now on the Bears, as an example of the local talent available. He really hit it out of the park. I watched that presser at 130am. Definitely better than the snippets I caught on the radio. Impressive hire.

Reaction Score
Not sure what the point is. Say what you want about GS, but he generated a lot of interest and excitement around Rutgers football, or at least a hell of a lot more than existed before he arrived. Let's hope Diaco is successful in that endeavor as well.
Don't want to speak for Jaynice, but this board use to kill Schiano for his sales job, which is similar to Diaco's approach, but that was more a product of the board tweaking the RU trolls who cannot take anything negative said about RU. Diaco talked about winning championships, Schiano said national championships. Big difference I guess, but the rhetoric is similar.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My favorite was when he was describing The American Conference bowl lineup. LMAO. But you know what, I love the enthusiasm and sales job. If he coaches half as good were in for a real treat. As others have mentioned, players are going to want to runs through walls for this guy. He had clearly done his research or maybe just knew the facts about the area. Quickly pointed out a CT kid that he recruited to UVA that is now on the Bears, as an example of the local talent available. He really hit it out of the park. I watched that presser at 130am. Definitely better than the snippets I caught on the radio. Impressive hire.

The bowl lineup was humorous, but he has a point. There's only 6-8 bowl games that are actually good football games as far as a coach is concerned. Most coaches will tell you the extra 3-6 weeks of practice is more important than the game. And the locations are good for a vacation. The opponents? Not so much.

Reaction Score
Bob does not make my skin crawl.

SCHIANOFACE.gif

Reaction Score
I agree with this. He had a great presser, but the comment about how long he's been looking at the UConn job and the one about the talent in the northeast looked kinda ridiculous.

As a follow up, this was from the latest Jacobs article. He was on a plane getting ready to take off.

The phone call I've been waiting for however long of wanting to have a chance [at head coach] came at that exact moment."

Reaction Score
Can't like or agree more. We finally have someone that is going to sell our program with GREAT enthusiasm. This is exactly what we need. No idea how he turns out as a coach, but as so right now I could not be happier. Reminds me a little of John Gruden ( delivery style, enthusiasm ). I actually do understand a few people who consider he laid it on thick, but I for one will take that any day over what we have had in the past.

Agreed. He lays it on but I like it. As a recovering Mets fan from lower FFC, I remember a guy named Valentine who did pretty well in this part of the world. Coach D has both feet firmly planted in cement by comparison.

Reaction Score
Don't want to speak for Jaynice, but this board use to kill Schiano for his sales job, which is similar to Diaco's approach, but that was more a product of the board tweaking the RU trolls who cannot take anything negative said about RU. Diaco talked about winning championships, Schiano said national championships. Big difference I guess, but the rhetoric is similar.

Living in Germany I can tell you sometimes rhetoric goes a long way. :eek:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
As a follow up, this was from the latest Jacobs article. He was on a plane getting ready to take off.
The phone call I've been waiting for however long of wanting to have a chance [at head coach] came at that exact moment."

Holy crap. Diaco is THAT GUY?

That guy who holds up airplanes and pissseess off the flight attendants by refusing to power down his electronics while the plane is ready to taxi. And on a flight between O'Hare and Newark.

I'm sure the rest of the passengers were thrilled. I can only imagine the conversation between Bob and the traveller in 4C.

4c: "Hey. Turn off you damn phone so this plane can get taxiing. I only have 20 minutes to get my connecting flight."

Bob: "Hold on. I'm the defensive coordinator from Notre Dame and I just got a phone call offering me to be a Div 1 head coach."

4c: "I don't care if you got a call to be the Pope. This plane ain't moving til you power down and I only have 20 minutes to get my connecting flight."

Bob: "Et comedetis adipem in scribam."

4c: "Huh?"

Bob (laughing): "Hey Warde. The passengers on my flight don't even know latin."

Warde (laughing): I just spit out my donut.

Bob: 'Cause I've got friends in low places where the whiskey drowns and the beer chases my blues away and I'll be okay.
I'm not big on social graces think I'll slip on down to the oasis. Oh, I've got friends in low places.

Warde: "Huh."

Bob: Never mind. I'll take the job.

Reaction Score
Between how Bob expresses himself compared to Greg Schiano?

The other difference is that he's likeable. That bit where he talked about being on the bus getting into the Rent was hilarious.

Reaction Score

I understood what he was saying, and I'd much rather him be overly enthusiastic than more or less indifferent.

When he talked about getting 25 players a year from the northeast, I just hope that's not the case.

Reaction Score
I understood what he was saying, and I'd much rather him be overly enthusiastic than more or less indifferent.

When he talked about getting 25 players a year from the northeast, I just hope that's not the case.

There's no reason he can't get 15-20 from NY, NJ CT, MA if he is as good as advertised. I'm sure he didn't mean just New England when he said northeast

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
There's no reason he can't get 15-20 from NY, NJ CT, MA if he is as good as advertised. I'm sure he didn't mean just New England when he said northeast
I still think Eastern PA is under recruited as well... there's a lot of good football played around here and some of our better players came from this area.

Reaction Score
Actions speak louder than words, but at least Uconn football has a face.. I think marketability had a big factor, and if I remember correctly Warde said something about looking for t.v. and photgenic/charisma type coach as well. I agree I don't like Schiano but he was the face of RU, made his bowl games and took this doormat of an institution and brought it along to big time college football. Hopefully BD can do the same,Welcome to the DiacoDawgPound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom