What is the ceiling? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What is the ceiling?

Reaction Score
We will know the ceiling for this team when they loose a game and how the react to it..
We’re losing more than one game. Sorry I had to be the one to break this news.

Reaction Score

Yes they will loose more than one.

How did you come up with the statement meaning they were going to only loose one? Or you just trying to be cool ?

Why don’t you read it again and comprehend.
The point was when they loose a game how they bounce back.

Reaction Score
I hope so. No team has won the national championship with 1 or 0 losses since Indiana in 1976.

Reaction Score
Last nite they proved they were human.
When the going gets tough the tough get going.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The upper interior surface of a room or other chamber.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When the going gets tough the tough get going
Wait, they ran away? That doesn’t seem very tough.

Reaction Score
Our ceiling is much better ball security, and our best player distributing much better instead of just taking it for himself every time.

Reaction Score
This is a really good team which can compete with anyone in the nation. Winning a championship, however, is a different kettle of fish. Guard play becomes more important in the tournament. Will ours be able to stand up to other backcourts under pressure? Having a go to scorer at the end of the game becomes a big deal. Will Hawkins or Sanogo be able to be Rip or Kemba? And you need luck, both in the draw and to have the ball bounce your way in a game that could go either way.

My point is enjoy the season, win a conference regular season championship for the first time in forever, get to the second weekend of the NCAAs and, from there, see what happens. Could this be a Final Four team? Absolutely. I believed that at the start of Shabazz’s season. And once you’re there …. But that’s a long way away.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
At this point this team would not rank as a top 5 Uconn team imho. Im guessing you are young and werent around to see some of the 90s early 2000s teams.
No, I saw them all, I go back to watching in the 60's. I think this is the second most talented team when all is said and done. Time will tell but I think this squad has a lot of future prospects and 1 or 2 NBA stars, maybe more. Jackson might be All NBA Defense as a two guard if he were in the league now. Clinton can be as good as anyone, Newton has a great shot (no pun intended) to be a superbNBA sniper and maybe more. Hawkins and Karaban have solid NBA potential. Sanogo is a wonderful college center but I see him playing overseas more than the NBA. Heck, sven the coach sems more emotionally stable than he did in the past. I think it is a happy debate. For the first time in years UCONN has rich man problems.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I dont think this team has that issue. I think the issue is they can light teams up and do so easily that once they get out to big leads they start doing a little too much one on one and forget to move the ball and it leads to poor play. I think of this team and can you imagine what Bazz/Boat would do to Newton/Hawkins? Both of those guys have shown they arent the best ball handlers and can make some poor passes and would get eaten alive like the Harrison twins did who were also bigger guards that got manhandled by our beloved backcourt duo.
Counterpoint: Can you imagine what Sanogo would do to Phil Nolan?

Reaction Score
I think second most talented CT squad ever. I would take the Rudy. Gay squad which was upset in the tournament as most talented ever. Hard to name four better this year, I have not seen a better club.

Ceiling, undefeated national champions. Likely? No

Reaction Score
The roof. The roof. The roof is on fire. We don't need no water, let the motherf#*"er burn.

Reaction Score
2006 & 2009 were super talented. So was 2004.
Still got a ways to go, but this teams ceiling is definitely the roof.
So were 1994, 1995, 1996, 1999, 2002, and 2005.

It's going to be hard for this team to be more talented than any team that had multiple NBA players who had long careers. And that's not an insult to this team at all, which is very good. It's just more a comment on how much talent this program has had come through it.

Reaction Score
Counterpoint: Can you imagine what Sanogo would do to Phil Nolan?

Jake would’ve done a nice job on Sanogo. I mean we just don’t know but saying 2nd best team ever is crazy. 94-95 didn’t win it all but could be one of the best ever. So many more great teams who won championships and didn’t. The OSU game proved they have a ways to go they only played maybe 10 good minutes.

Reaction Score
All the championship teams were talented. This team is the most talented 1 - 12. They can press you all day long with a different 5 and any one of the five can score.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
We will know more when we see how they handle road games in the Big East. I think DH and staff had quite a few things about their shortcomings to discuss at practice after the last game. And he needs to ask himself about using a short bench when the other team was wearing us down in the second half.

There is much to like with this team but they need more grit (like Jackson) and toughness. Got to get it into Sanogo's head about passing (unselfishness). They have enough weaknesses to not let up for a minute against any decent team.

They will rise or fall based on their willingness to play together as a team. When they do that they are formidable. That accentuates all their strengths. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Ceiling, undefeated national champions. Likely? No
That is on the table until it is not on the table. Almost impossible to win em all in the mens' game. It has been almost 50 years since that happened but why not. This is a hugely fun team. It will be really interesting to watch them if/when they are in a nail biter.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jake would’ve done a nice job on Sanogo. I mean we just don’t know but saying 2nd best team ever is crazy. 94-95 didn’t win it all but could be one of the best ever. So many more great teams who won championships and didn’t. The OSU game proved they have a ways to go they only played maybe 10 good minutes.

I'm sure he would have, but people also tend to romanticize those older teams. Sanogo is a better player than Voskuhl was. That being said I don't know how you can say this team is better than 1999.

It's way too early to get into how good this team is. All I know is they are really good.

Reaction Score
Please remember we have a coach who has not won a BE trophy nor a ncaa tournament game as a husky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom