What is our walk-on situation? | The Boneyard

What is our walk-on situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Do we have two walk-ons? One? Two who are trying out but not yet accepted? or what?

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
There are only 9 players on the roster as of right now. I don't know when it was last updated.

IMO a 4 player bench is too short.

Reaction Score
There are only 9 players on the roster as of right now. I don't know when it was last updated.

IMO a 4 player bench is too short.

I have been saying this for a while. I would rather have a 12-13 player bench, but then everyone starts up about playing time and all that. Last year when we were beating Louisville in the National Championship, how many of our starters were in at the end of the game?

I am concerned about injuries....

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I read somewhere (probably on this board) that the walk-ons, if they make the team won't be added until the start of the season. It makes sense, because it would be awkward to be added, then cut at last minute.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
IIRC I read that there were 2 who were trying out. I think it was Blake that reported that there was a pair of them at the practice.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Our walk-ons in the past have all been superb. I really hope that at least one of these kids makes it. I can't recall our ever having two at the same time; have we?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I believe it has been said by Geno in the past that being accepted as a walk-on is really up to the player - as long as they have a modicum of talent, get along with the rest of the team, and make the full blown time/effort commitment they are welcome. In the past a number of them have done the off season thing but washed out a few weeks into the official practice period. It is a huge commitment, unlike anything they did in HS and the reality sinks in. This is the first time I remember there being any publicity about walk-ons before the actual start of practice, but it was also the first time there was any word about actively recruiting walk-ons last spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom