What is a flagrant foul? | The Boneyard

What is a flagrant foul?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ok, Brimah has his arms up & a Cinci player runs into his elbow, then 2 seconds later he flops his head back & a flagrant on Brimah.

Flashback last night, Kilpatrick drives to the hoop & smashes his elbow into a CFL player, drawing blood from the CFL player's nose.

Both went to replay...
Brimah foul is a flagrant, yet replays shows a flop...
Kilpatrick is a basketball play, yet replays show obvious elbow to the nose & offensive foul...

What does this say about officiating? Does Ollie need to teach flopping???

Reaction Score
Ok, Brimah has his arms up & a Cinci player runs into his elbow, then 2 seconds later he flops his head back & a flagrant on Brimah.

Flashback last night, Kilpatrick drives to the hoop & smashes his elbow into a CFL player, drawing blood from the CFL player's nose.

Both went to replay...
Brimah foul is a flagrant, yet replays shows a flop...
Kilpatrick is a basketball play, yet replays show obvious elbow to the nose & offensive foul...

What does this say about officiating? Does Ollie need to teach flopping???

It's really unbelievable how crappy refs are. They get reviews and still get it wrong……awful job by them in the first half.

Reaction Score
Terrible call. Deadly too since Phil Nolan is USELESS. Not a single rebound this game. No interior d when he's in and he can't even get one rebound. We need brimah to stay on the floor this half That t was crap and turned the entire game

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, Ollie is not a "respected" NCAA coach yet. Ask me what the criteria is? I don't know. Hall of fame maybe? Career 47-17 record apparently is not enough.

Reaction Score
For whatever reason, Ollie is not a "respected" NCAA coach yet. Ask me what the criteria is? I don't know. Hall of fame maybe? Career 47-17 record apparently is not enough.

It really is crazy how much we get screwed every game. I can't even believe how bad the refs are in this conference. Everyone loves Kevin Ollie too which makes no sense. Cronin is a whiny d bag. Ollie is a class act and yet he gets no calls

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
kobe said:
Neither was a flagrant foul, IMO. That call on Brimah was really, really bad. Maybe I could see a common foul but not a flagrant.
that wasn't even a common foul. Just a smaller player ridiculously fooling a referee.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Boise St lost arguably their best player in their MWC Semi tonight on a very difficult flagrant 2 call.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's a combination of drama class and low basketball IQ officials

the call on Brimah was just bad acting, the kid through his head back seconds after there was some soft contact

it reminds me of the words vs lip movements in those old Japanese Godzilla movies, just out of sync. Yet 3 officials look at that replay and conclude it was a fragrant foul.

I have zero confidence in officials at any level for any sport, with the possible exception of baseball (umpires make mistakes, but at least they have a shred of consistency within the game and from game to game). Basketball and football refs act as if they're flipping coins on their best days, and intentional getting it wrong on many days

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
BTW: the last 4 seconds Dook vs Clemson game last night was a classic example of officiating "consistency", which is consistently inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Officiating across the country is terrible. players have to understand the way the game is being called and adjust. That being said, the team that can keep their heads on straight will survive. The game should never be decided by a call especially when you have replay. We are in the final game and Let's get some revenge.

Reaction Score

Bingo. Ollie is still young and not yet ref respected. In time. As for the foul, it appears that refs are struggling with the rule changes more than ever these days.

Reaction Score
Atleast they get the best officials for the ncaas right? Btw Doris burkes partner in crime kills mojo. Always raving about our FT% when we go to the line , then miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom