What impact will Maine game have on realignment? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What impact will Maine game have on realignment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When you only use 1/10th of your playbook, you can basically keep any team in a game.

This game means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things for CR.

Had we lost it though...then that's a different conversation.

We're on to Annapolis.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
And we had a higher attendance, not by much but it was still higher

I'm fairly sure we regularly average as many fans, if not more than them, anyway. And that's with their team performing far better in the last five years.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Maine went 3-8 in FCS last year. They're one of the worst teams in D1 football.

Look at the handle you are responding to. He's saying that facetiously to aggravate us. Don't feed him.

Reaction Score
After last night's game, I think they need to get B12 expansion over in a hurry. I fear that they may require Susan Herbst to explain what happened in the Maine game during her presentation. So, while it won't make an impact, I do think the signs are there for big big trouble.
What happened at last nights game that Bowlsby or Boren would ask?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Again my overall point is not that Suzie will have to break down game tape of last night. It's that - if we have specific football related targets to meet, and I think that's reasonable to assume - then games as uninspiring as last night's will make it hard, if not impossible, to meet those objectives.

Reaction Score
If you're going to troll, at least make it clever and give us a few chuckles.
I'm telling you. Maine isn't a bad team. They can win some games this year. They do have a squad, and this isn't far from the norm now.

App st beat Michigan in the big house. This has happened before and this isn't becoming far from the norm. Many players players at the FCS level fall through the cracks. They have some athletes.

Reaction Score
The B12 folks know we're not coming in as a current football power. More important is the commitment, financial and otherwise, to quality football. We have shown that in our athletic funding, quality facilities and willingness to pay for quality coaches and ADs. If personnel changes become necessary, so be it. The commitment is there - right now.
Last night's showing was a disappointment also because of the attendance. But again, our track record shows that with quality football opponents, the attendance will be there. AAC opponents generally won't get us there.
While I wish we had a big turnout last night, in the old Big East days fewer attendees were typical for men's basketball early season games against the likes of Maine, New Hampshire, etc. When the quality opponents like Georgetown, Syracuse and the other Big East teams came to town, then we got the attendance.
Having quality opponents is the key to getting attendance. The waiting to get into a P5 is torture.

Reaction Score
I don't believe one game will make any difference to the B12. However, it would really help our P5 momentum had we won big. As of right now, all the casual fans and the media are watching us under a microscope. Also, it would really help our own attendance by giving our own fans more hope after last few seasons. Hopefully, last night was just a case of coaches not wanting to open the playbook. We just need to keep winning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Many players players at the FCS level fall through the cracks. They have some athletes.
What you say may be true but did you watch the game??

College football is pageantry. Diaco is failing miserably, so far.

Reaction Score
Maine is good and last year's 3-8 team played Boston College tough (I believe it was 7-3 at half time) in BC's 2015 home opener.

Reaction Score

Yes, I did see the game. At first I was critical, but noticed UCON PLAYED basically a vanilla offense the while game. At firat my thought was, you guys couldn't beat a jv squad, but your team kept running basic plays all game. No trickery, and it was easy for Maine to defend, which they did. The only problem is that, if a team is given any type of confidence in beating you, that's where problems start to manifest themselves.

Reaction Score

Btw, DIACO is not failing. I know 2 of the players on the team, very well. They're raving about the defensive prowess of your coach. He is very good. To be perfectly honest, he's not gonna be there very long, but will make his mark.

Reaction Score
Btw, DIACO is not failing. I know 2 of the players on the team, very well. They're raving about the defensive prowess of your coach. He is very good. To be perfectly honest, he's not gonna be there very long, but will make his mark.
I can tell the players like him, but something is missing in Diaco's brain that prevents him from being able to put a reasonable product on the field while there's an actual game going on.

He hasn't shown much over the past 2+ years.

Reaction Score
A win by no matter how many points doesn't help us one iota.

A loss would have been the official death knell to our miniscule hopes.

Reaction Score
I can tell the players like him, but something is missing in Diaco's brain that prevents him from being able to put a reasonable product on the field while there's an actual game going on.

He hasn't shown much over the past 2+ years.
I'd Be Careful. Once it starts rolling it starts rolling. You guys don't necessarily have the players yet. It will come.

Reaction Score
I'd Be Careful. Once it starts rolling it starts rolling. You guys don't necessarily have the players yet. It will come.
Noel Thomas and Arkeel Newsome are very good players....

Reaction Score
Real effect? None, one would hope.

Among casual fans in Big 12 country and sports talk hosts in this area? Trust me, they are loud on their platforms today screaming about how UConn and Cincinnati are terrible G5-level programs who suck and don't draw well. Even Houston fans are feeling their oats, simply because they have a show case game in their home city against football royalty to open the season.

I had to remind them that last year, the best year in their entire modern history and in a brand-new stadium - they averaged a whopping 33,000 per game and that their season opener last year - with the benefit of being on a Saturday and not Thursday but facing FCS competition like UConn just did - they drew 30,000.
God I hope Houston gets their doors blown off. I don't care if it hurts the league

Reaction Score
Do we have any pictures of the stadium when it is more full vs. the pre-kickoff one that's been sharing around the Internet? We are being pounded to pieces by bunch of idiot Memphis fans on CSNBBS.

Reaction Score
Last night will have zero impact on Big 12 decision makers... it will feed trolls and other who thrive on snark in the various social media platforms (including here).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He may not be here very long for reasons other than what you suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom