What Im looking for today | The Boneyard

What Im looking for today

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We need to get Makurat and Griffin on track. For Big Mak we need her to shoot and shoot and shoot and shoot until she starts clicking and until she gains confidence. Griffin needs to slow down a bit and gain her poise. Setting up plays to get them both the ball and able to score is big in gaining their confidence. We are not that far from being where many of us want us to be. Make foul shots, making our layups, and get our 5 and 6 players to score. Doing that will give us another 15-25 pts.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What I'm looking for... my lucking game day UConn shirt. Not in the drawer, not in the hamper. I've gone to my back up lucky UConn shirt, but feel like I need my "A" clothing for the today's double header.

I'll keep you all updated.... ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’d like to see more movement- with purpose - on offense, better rebounding/boxing out, and for Ania to shoot when open. I’m good with incremental improvement. As long as there’s progress, I don’t care about margin of victory

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I’d like to see more movement- with purpose - on offense, better rebounding/boxing out, and for Ania to shoot when open. I’m good with incremental improvement. As long as there’s progress, I don’t care about margin of victory

Caveat MOV > 0 ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
What I'm looking for... my lucking game day UConn shirt. Not in the drawer, not in the hamper. I've gone to my back up lucky UConn shirt, but feel like I need my "A" clothing for the today's double header.

See the danger of washing your lucky UConn gear. That is what the off season is for. ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Hmmm, my back up shirt may be moving up in the game day rotation.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Half right, Tony, lets call it 3/4
Anna can't hit the side of a barn (except when she leads a teammate to the hoop)
And Aubrey was a terror on D and a spark plug on O.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The first 3 games, UConn has come out ablaze in the first quarter, scoring at will. Then their intensity falls off.
I'd like to see that energy carry over to the following 3 quarters. Good ball movement, good shots taken. Limit the turnovers to single digits.

I'd like to see Anna and Aubrey take at last 6 "good" shots each. Whether they go in or not is not the point (hopefully they do), I want both of them to get used to shooting when open (even if I had to run a play for them), and take GOOD shots when the opportunity exists (especially Aubrey, she's passed up open looks).

I want to see good "tight" team defense. I want to see ONO, Anna and Aubrey blocking out on the boards whenever a shot goes up. Smooth switching when necessary, and everyone talking on defense. I'm looking for Anna to break out of her slump tonight (double digit scoring). Aubrey= 8/8/4.

Last but not least, I want to see Evelyn, Molly and Kayla contribute a minimum of 15 minutes and 10 points tonight in "prime time" bench minutes. I'm looking for UConn to limit Virginia to less that 60 points.

Post edit - the team must have read this post.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All this team needs is time and work. It's not about talent, it's about execution. I watched the youtube highlight video from the Temple game last night and you would think you were watching the 2015 team. What I didn't see were all the execution mistakes. But those are all correctable with work.
Remember the fable of the ugly duckling? It turned out good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom