What Im looking for in tonites game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What Im looking for in tonites game

Reaction Score
Irwin is slow of foot and not quick either but should she sink 3 3's and get back on defense she could find a home at the 5th. Ania or Griffin may work into the line up better without the pressure to be all to end all. I'm not holding my breath for Irwin she's had moment in the past.
Big Irwin fan with great knowledge of UConn system and strong mechanics but her lack of jumping ability means most everyone on offense can shoot over her.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yeah, that technique was perfected by Bill Russell and I'm surprised more coaches don't stress it. But I also have a 55 year old memory of playing at Hartford Public when one of our guys went up for a corner jumper and it landed 12 rows deep. It was quite a demoralizing moment.:confused::eek:

THAT block was for "cause and effect". Sort of a calling card type play. It got everyone's attention. I'm sure it made players on the other team think twice about deciding to challenge that the guy that "launched" that shot into the stands. YOU still remember it after all these years. If TV cameras are in the house, that play would probably "This week's top 10" on Sports Center. ;)

Reaction Score
I am looking toward the second coming of Rebecca Lobo, Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Sue Bird and Breanna Stewart. I’ll settle for lots of assists and a solid transition game.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Big Irwin fan with great knowledge of UConn system and strong mechanics but her lack of jumping ability means most everyone on offense can shoot over her.
Reminds me of a movie...:eek:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I am looking for Crystal to show up and show out. I am looking forward to Christyn and Megan scoring 20+. I am looking forward to Olivia having another double-double. I am looking forward to Olivia scoring in the paint. I am looking forward to Olivia not swatting the ball. I am looking forward to Ania having a better game. I am looking forward to Aubrey scoring 10+ and rebounding 5+. I am looking forward to UConn defending better and playing UConn ball.

Reaction Score
I have been cheering and hoping Molly and Irwin will become very good subs or players. I can't diss them too much I couldn't make the UCWBB team if I changed my gender playing my very best basketball. They are what they are, as I had to accept my limitation we must accept theirs. There are only so many STEWIES to go around.\ Or Mike Jordan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom