What if Azzi Fudd did what Top '21 UCLA commit Dominique Darius did? [Merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What if Azzi Fudd did what Top '21 UCLA commit Dominique Darius did? [Merged]

Reaction Score
Here’s the thread on the same subject from the other day:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Along these lines, the quarterback for the Washington Football Team in a key game this weekend--win and they are Division champs--could be Taylor Heinicke. Taylor was taking Final Exams at ODU a couple of weeks ago. Pretty big jump from college student to NFL QB in a very important game.

Reaction Score
Along these lines, the quarterback for the Washington Football Team in a key game this weekend--win and they are Division champs--could be Taylor Heinicke. Taylor was taking Final Exams at ODU a couple of weeks ago. Pretty big jump from college student to NFL QB in a very important game.
He is 27 was part of 4 nfl teams as an I drafted free agent and played in the xfl so if he was taking college exams he had to finish up after a few years of finishing his college elegibility

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Let her enjoy her family until the World balances out a little. Don't you want fans there for her debut?
Sure, but I want to see it as well from my cave. Not my choice when or how she gets to Storrs, we will all enjoy her arrival and look forward to it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the UCLA kid actually graduated last year. The article said she's at a prep school. Most of those offer athletes a PG (post grad) year to focus on sports beyond academics.... If that's the case, she was probably already finished with HS coursework or had very little left to do this year. With Azzi as a 4 year HS student, this would be tremendously difficult.....
That’s not the case Darius attends Blair Academy and is not a PG and has been doing so since 2017. That entire league Mid Atlantic does allow for PG however you cannot do a PG year at the same MAPL school where you completed your 4 prep years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes. Heinicke played for ODU in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014. Like most NFL players, he didn’t leave with a degree, so he returned to ODU this year to finish.
Correct. Though he has been around professional football for a while, he hasn't played very much at all. If I'm the Eagles' Defensive Coordinator tomorrow night, I'm blitzing the hell out of him.

Reaction Score
Correct. Though he has been around professional football for a while, he hasn't played very much at all. If I'm the Eagles' Defensive Coordinator tomorrow night, I'm blitzing the hell out of him.
What do you think about Rex Ryan's theory that there's no way the Eagles let the Cowboys win the division?

Reaction Score
Certainly not as it was before, but still not bad for most high schoolers. I doubt many HS seniors would want to leave early to join a team in mid-January. Also, of course, most high schoolers aren't in position academically to graduate in mid-January.
Plus this year isn't the true Sr. Year high school experience.

Reaction Score
True. But the high schoolers in my area still seem to be having a pretty good experience.

Not up here no sports and mostly virtual learning. It's more the hanging out and being normal kids. For most of them it's learning to appreciate what you can now. Learning that at times you can only do what you need to and the wants are a lot more difficult to have because of Covid

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Regarding the possibility of UConn’s 2021 commits enrolling early and playing later this season, Auriemma said that hasn’t happened yet, but he didn’t necessarily rule it out either. They’d first have to graduate high school.

“Where are we with our players?” Auriemma asked. “Well, one, they’re still in high school. If and when, since it has become an issue, if all of a sudden our four incoming freshmen find out, ‘Hey, my season’s canceled, I can finish school tomorrow. Coach, can I come?’ That hasn’t happened yet. That doesn’t mean it won’t, that doesn’t mean it will.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom