What I Would Like To See vs Yale | Page 2 | The Boneyard

What I Would Like To See vs Yale

Reaction Score
I would like to see Micah Leon. Why not? Give him a shot.
I would like to see Leon too. But not against Yale unless the game is far out of reach. This is not the game to start playing around with QB's. It is winnable.

Reaction Score
The way the play calling was in that game, Steven Krajewski had no chance. The big mysteries yesterday were: 1. What happened to the innovative offense? 2. Why was the defense completely flat?
Another minor mystery, at least to me, is why K. Jones wasn't on the field during the first UMass possession, the one where they jammed it down our throat to go up 7-0.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I just want to see the coach back and the missing Covid players back
Then we can talk about Yale
UConn plays with a handicap at full strength now but when you are missing pieces it just rolls down hill

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Here is what I want to see: Brian Brewton on the field and not on the sidelines the whole game.
Some pressure off the edges from Watts and Jones.
A wide open playbook.
Less than 4 WR screens
Houston backing up Carter.
Some g-d damn passion.

Reaction Score
At this point I don't really care about beating Yale this week. We've proven we are the worst team in FBS and a victory over Yale, a middling FCS squad, won't change that.
Uhhhhhh

It matters to the players. And it matters to the program.

no one ever wants a winless season. And two losses to unranked FCs?

I don’t care if the final is 2-0. This is a must win.

Reaction Score
Starting on Thursday, make most of the remaining tickets for the game FREE. Otherwise, don't count on much of a turnout.

Reaction Score
Excuse my typing If you have two quarterbacks you don't have any quarterbacks
Or in UConn's case, if you don't have Dan Orlovsky, you don't ever have a competent QB. Since then, if they have QB who can throw a little, he is a statue playing behind LOS (Endres, Frazer). Or, they have a QB who can run, who can make things happen, but is not a good passer (Hernandez, Pindell, Lorenzen) Sometimes they just got beat to hell with the help of terrible offensive lines (Cochran Witmer, Sherriffs). Sometimes the deficit is in all areas of the position.

Reaction Score
Am I sure Krajewski is better than Zeriotis? No. But the goal of personnel decisions is not to make us comfortable that the coaches are making the right choice. The goal of personnel decisions is to maximize chances of winning games.

Spanos should do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. Even if that decision doesn’t make fans happy that they’re convinced who the best QB is.
You’re basing your decision on 2 starts for Steven Krajewski in three years versus 12 starts for Jack Zergiotis in 2 years? Jack Zergiotis had time to develop game experience over the course of two seasons. Krajewski had time to develop game experience in two weeks. Thats not comparing apples to apples. I’m hoping Steven Krajewski develops and gets better as the season progresses. It takes time. And as mentioned earlier the play calling didn’t help us that much either.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, a Yale victory might put to rest all of that blather about the adverse impacts of UConn's academic standards on recruiting.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Eli's coming
Oh you better hide your heart

Three Dog Night....although this looks like a two dog night.
And these are the two dogs.

Screenshot 2021-10-11 19.34.37.png

Reaction Score
I'm just curious to see the two play against the same team at the same time. Steven Krajewski will probably go all the way if he's able to, but I would really like to see them both in the first half. Give Yale a heavy dose of Carter then let both QBs throw downfield aggressively and see what happens. Why not?
They practice against the same team. I for one do not want to ever again see the Bob Diaco method of using actual games as practice. No attack, just my opinion. If the head coach and staff can't figure out who should be on the field before the game they should not be leading the team out of the tunnel.
I would like to see Micah Leon. Why not? Give him a shot.
It looks bad for the staff when they put players on the field not even on the depth chart. ;)
Spanos should do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. Even if that decision doesn’t make fans happy that they’re convinced who the best QB is.
Where as ... I agree, football school of law 101. :D

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
If he was diagnosed with Covid on Friday he’s out for next Saturday. 10 days quarantined so ge won’t be clear till Sunday
What about Giuffre? I'd feel a lot better if the OC came back. Huge difference in the play calls last week without him.

Reaction Score
What about Giuffre? I'd feel a lot better if the OC came back. Huge difference in the play calls last week without him.
I’m hearing Spanos will be back and Van Demark will be back on the sideline. I’m hearing Giofre might be back as well. I guess we just have to wait and see.. lots of rules in place and depending on when they were first quarantined should determine when they will be out..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom