What I Would Like To See vs Yale | The Boneyard

What I Would Like To See vs Yale

Reaction Score
At this point I don't really care about beating Yale this week. We've proven we are the worst team in FBS and a victory over Yale, a middling FCS squad, won't change that.

I would like to see Steven Krajewski and Jack Zergiotis rotated on alternate series in the first half, and if one shows himself to be more effective, give that guy the 2nd half. The consensus on this board has been that Steven Krajewski is the better of the two, and in terms of accuracy and ability to evade the rush and make plays with his feet, I think he is. But I'm not sure he is a better leader than Jack Zergiotis and he is every bit if not more prone to turnovers than Jack Zergiotis. Neither seems to be able to see defensive backs very well.

I'm just curious to see the two play against the same team at the same time. Steven Krajewski will probably go all the way if he's able to, but I would really like to see them both in the first half. Give Yale a heavy dose of Carter then let both QBs throw downfield aggressively and see what happens. Why not?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Chicago Cubs Win GIF by MLB

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This thing called a win
I’ve heard of this, but I’ve come to believe it’s a myth, at least for this season

Reaction Score
I would like to see Micah Leon. Why not? Give him a shot.
Isn’t he still hurt? Otherwise why wouldn’t he have been in for a few plays? He’s been here 3 years and hasn't been able to take a snap yet in a game due to injuries.

Reaction Score
At this point I don't really care about beating Yale this week. We've proven we are the worst team in FBS and a victory over Yale, a middling FCS squad, won't change that.

I would like to see Steven Krajewski and Jack Zergiotis rotated on alternate series in the first half, and if one shows himself to be more effective, give that guy the 2nd half. The consensus on this board has been that Steven Krajewski is the better of the two, and in terms of accuracy and ability to evade the rush and make plays with his feet, I think he is. But I'm not sure he is a better leader than Jack Zergiotis and he is every bit if not more prone to turnovers than Jack Zergiotis. Neither seems to be able to see defensive backs very well.

I'm just curious to see the two play against the same team at the same time. Steven Krajewski will probably go all the way if he's able to, but I would really like to see them both in the first half. Give Yale a heavy dose of Carter then let both QBs throw downfield aggressively and see what happens. Why not?
I've heard the expression if you have tow quarterback you don't have nay quarterback

Reaction Score

Am I sure Krajewski is better than Zeriotis? No. But the goal of personnel decisions is not to make us comfortable that the coaches are making the right choice. The goal of personnel decisions is to maximize chances of winning games.

Spanos should do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. Even if that decision doesn’t make fans happy that they’re convinced who the best QB is.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Lou Spanos will be coaching on Saturday? That likely would help UConn get a win.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Lou Spanos will be coaching on Saturday? That likely would help UConn get a win.
If he was diagnosed with Covid on Friday he’s out for next Saturday. 10 days quarantined so ge won’t be clear till Sunday

Reaction Score
If he was diagnosed with Covid on Friday he’s out for next Saturday. 10 days quarantined so ge won’t be clear till Sunday
OK. But could he test positive this week? CDC said: Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days following the date of their exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result. They should isolate if they test positive.

Reaction Score
OK. But could he test positive this week? CDC said: Fully vaccinated people who have come into close contact with someone with COVID-19 should be tested 3-5 days following the date of their exposure and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result. They should isolate if they test positive.
Spanos tested positive - he was not a contact tracing exposure. He is in isolation currently. I have seen nothing on which of the 5 are/were symptomatic.

From the 1600 Sunday Media Call:

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports
Spanos opens the press conference with a thank you to the medical team taking care of himself and players who tested positive for COVID-19. Adds they plan on getting back on the field when it is safe to do so.

Reaction Score

The way the play calling was in that game, Steven Krajewski had no chance. The big mysteries yesterday were: 1. What happened to the innovative offense? 2. Why was the defense completely flat?

Reaction Score
Am I sure Krajewski is better than Zeriotis? No. But the goal of personnel decisions is not to make us comfortable that the coaches are making the right choice. The goal of personnel decisions is to maximize chances of winning games.

Spanos should do whatever he thinks gives us the best chance to win. Even if that decision doesn’t make fans happy that they’re convinced who the best QB is.
Agreed. I'm just hoping Spanos decides that playing both is the best way to see who has "it" that day.

Reaction Score
Excuse my typing If you have two quarterbacks you don't have any quarterbacks
Happy to excuse your typing. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt many rimes.

Just one suggestion. Even if you read the post before hitting the Post button, read it again after you post it. You will often find additional corrections needed while you still have the Edit function available.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom