What I want to hear | The Boneyard

What I want to hear

Reaction Score
A few things of which a combination thereof will leave us better than what we would've been if we had stood pat.

Get involved with Ernst, Wooten, Williams, Johnson and Diarra. Give me Diarra with any other of the 2 and we're already better than where would've been with the existing roster.

Throw a miracle change of mind to Waters and we're a lot better than where we were. I am the first guy to tell you his size scared me and I was all in because KO took MAL over him. I admit, even prior to seeing this potentially happen, I began to think Waters was a better option than MAL. By NO reason is this because MAL is gone and Tremont might come here, because if he doesn't I will still stick by this. I like shooters and MAL isn't one at all while Waters looks like he is a confident shooter with great form. They can both handle it really well but like Boat low to the ground, the ball looks like it's part of Waters hand and MAL stays high with it. Waters despite his size is really slick with the ball and can create his own jumper with the dribble no matter who is guarding him. I wouldn't have ever admitted this if MAL stayed because I always stick to OUR guy so if indeed the staff pulls off this miracle, along with any of the above (or others) I think people will be really happy with the way things worked out.

Long way to go and who knows, but at least it's exciting right? :confused:

Reaction Score
Waters would work much better for our offense than MAL this year. MAL would've worked much better for our defense than MAL this year. Either would be good to have this year and longterm.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
PG: Jalen (Jr), Alterique (RS-FR), Tremont (Fr)
SG: Vital (So), Duvivier (Sr)
SF: Larrier (Jr), Polley (Fr)
PF: Diarra (RS-FR), Wooten (Fr), Diarra (Fr)
C: Cobb (Jr), Carlton (Fr)

If that's what we end up with I'd be happy as a clam. We'll have depth and balance, a true alpha (Jalen) to run the show, and 4 (perhaps 5) spots open to recruit for 2018.

We wouldn't have a proven big man, but *&%! it. I can look at that roster and get pretty hyped.

Reaction Score

If that's what we end up with I'd be happy as a clam. We'll have depth and balance, a true alpha (Jalen) to run the show, and 4 (perhaps 5) spots open to recruit for 2018.

We wouldn't have a proven big man, but *&%! it. I can look at that roster and get pretty hyped.

We even recruiting the Duvivier kid? If we get Waters, we don't need him. I'd rather us not get him and just ensure the 4 guards all get their PT. But agreed, if we can get Waters, Diarra, and Wooten, I'd be thrilled. A grad transfer center who is a semi decent defender/rebounder would be icing on the cake, but not sure who else is out there at this point.

Reaction Score
Three point guards and two shooting guards is a bad idea, especially with Larrier at the 3 as an expected big contributor and Jalen of course getting ~35 minutes a night.

Reaction Score
Seniors: Williams
Juniors: Adams, Larrier, Cobb
Sophomores: Vital
Freshmen: Gilbert, Waters, Polley, Carlton, Diarra, Diarra, Wooten
This would be ideal and realistic and would give us at least 3 scholarships for 2018. Add in Cam Johnson if he's interested but idk how much a chance we stand

Reaction Score
Waters is never a 3rd stringer.....ever........and whoever wrote he would have ridden the bench at brewster doesn't watch the nepsac closely....watched christian and waters go head to head for two years and as much as i back christian, waters offensively can do so much more.....

Matrim55

Reaction Score
We even recruiting the Duvivier kid?
Not clear if we are or not. But as I wrote in the thread on him, he'd be a good asset to have as a 4th or 5th guard because 1) he can hit open 3s, 2) he's a very good athlete who can guard 1-thru-3, 3) he's not going to scare anybody off, and 4) he'll use a scholarship for one year and won't negatively impact our 2018 recruiting.

Reaction Score
Waters is never a 3rd stringer.....ever...and whoever wrote he would have ridden the bench at brewster doesn't watch the nepsac closely....watched christian and waters go head to head for two years and as much as i back christian, waters offensively can do so much more.....

I'm almost certain he was just posting a depth chart by position, rather than an actual playing time lineup. Because Adams and Gilbert are starting, some might even say Vital starts too at the 3. All 4 of these guards will be playing a lot.

Reaction Score

Still would love a graduate transfer C in this scenario. Looks like it'd be a log jam but in reality it would give us leeway to potentially redshirt Carlton.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A few things of which a combination thereof will leave us better than what we would've been if we had stood pat.

Get involved with Ernst, Wooten, Williams, Johnson and Diarra. Give me Diarra with any other of the 2 and we're already better than where would've been with the existing roster.

Throw a miracle change of mind to Waters and we're a lot better than where we were. I am the first guy to tell you his size scared me and I was all in because KO took MAL over him. I admit, even prior to seeing this potentially happen, I began to think Waters was a better option than MAL. By NO reason is this because MAL is gone and Tremont might come here, because if he doesn't I will still stick by this. I like shooters and MAL isn't one at all while Waters looks like he is a confident shooter with great form. They can both handle it really well but like Boat low to the ground, the ball looks like it's part of Waters hand and MAL stays high with it. Waters despite his size is really slick with the ball and can create his own jumper with the dribble no matter who is guarding him. I wouldn't have ever admitted this if MAL stayed because I always stick to OUR guy so if indeed the staff pulls off this miracle, along with any of the above (or others) I think people will be really happy with the way things worked out.

Long way to go and who knows, but at least it's exciting right? :confused:

I'm happy taking it one thing at a time. New Chill announced. New S&C coach. Now I want a player. Then another player. Then another. That's it. I'm not going to stress over who they are. A legit banger and inside defender and rebounder is #1 on my list, and we need a guard simply for depth. If the guard is a real talent like Waters, even better.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Haven't seen Waters play. For those who have seen a lot of him, how does he compare to a Freshman Boat
in terms of speed, shooting and defense. I realize Boat did not come in as a PG per se so they are not comparable on that. Oh yes, and toughness.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Waters play. For those who have seen a lot of him, how does he compare to a Freshman Boat
in terms of speed, shooting and defense. I realize Boat did not come in as a PG per se so they are not comparable on that. Oh yes, and toughness.
Not as athletic/explosive as Boat. Better passer and shooter, better feel for the game on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Looks more bazz like than boat

The one thing I like in his highlights is when there is a steal it's because of a loss of concentration by the offensive player and he's like Boat in the fact he's looking for that opportunity defensively to pounce. I think he can be a "nat" of a defender and drive people crazy trying to get the offense set up. He loses in the lane more than likely but the people he guards will work to get things going it would seem.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom