What has happened to this board? | The Boneyard

What has happened to this board?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been coming to the boneyard for many years now and it seems just recently that the board is becoming almost unreadable. The basketball IQ seems lower than it's ever been and there are just more absolutely ridiculous posts then I ever remembered in the past. People saying they think Shabazz, Boatright and Daniels will all leave, Shabazz and Boatright will leave because neither cares about college and they just want to play in Europe. Shabazz should leave now so he can play in Europe and make $45,000 next year. These are just a few examples of the ridiculous nonsense that is spewed here regularly now. I can no longer read this board without wanting to bash my head into the wall.

Reaction Score
I've been coming to the boneyard for many years now and it seems just recently that the board is becoming almost unreadable. The basketball IQ seems lower than it's ever been and there are just more absolutely ridiculous posts then I ever remembered in the past. People saying they think Shabazz, Boatright and Daniels will all leave, Shabazz and Boatright will leave because neither cares about college and they just want to play in Europe. Shabazz should leave now so he can play in Europe and make $45,000 next year. These are just a few examples of the ridiculous nonsense that is spewed here regularly now. I can no longer read this board without wanting to bash my head into the wall.
Gone are the days when we there were long conversations about strategies and satin pants.

It's time for me to steal candy from babies.

(In all seriousness, though, I read all sorts of ESPN-inspired garbage and over-reactions to silly things here. It's always been here, but it just seems like a greater volume of it. People have beliefs, and read the facts in such a way as to justify them, and every little thing seems overanalyzed, both on and off the court).

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I read The Boneyard more than I would like to admit and the overwhelming majority of people
a) Want Bazz, Boat and Daniels to stay
b) Think it's probably best for Bazz, Boat and Daniels to stay.

Not sure what you're talking about.

Reaction Score
The Daniels leaving idea is obscene. That ain't happening

Reaction Score
I read The Boneyard more than I would like to admit and the overwhelming majority of people
a) Want Bazz, Boat and Daniels to stay
b) Think it's probably best for Bazz, Boat and Daniels to stay.

Not sure what you're talking about.
Haha. You didn't read the argument that Bazz should go play ball in Turkey because it will increase the amount of money he'll make over the life of his career?

Reaction Score
I understand the general concern about the espn-ization of sports... And I completely agree. It blows. Looking forward to all these (potential) competitor sports networks coming up and maybe offering an alternative with (potentially) some substance. Though I won't hold my breath.

But if you want to bring the board back to talking about things like game strategy, X's and O's, then why not start a thread about game strategy, X's and O's...

Reaction Score
Haha. You didn't read the argument that Bazz should go play ball in Turkey because it will increase the amount of money he'll make over the life of his career?
Is this serious?

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I understand the general concern about the espn-ization of sports... And I completely agree. It blows. Looking forward to all these (potential) competitor sports networks coming up and maybe offering an alternative with (potentially) some substance. Though I won't hold my breath.

But if you want to bring the board back to talking about things like game strategy, X's and O's, then why not start a thread about game strategy, X's and O's...
I think O's beat X's most every time. O's are very complete while X's have lots of loose ends. X's seem more athletic and O's seem a little overweight but when the O's get rolling, all the X's can hope to do is block. Just my opinion but the O's just have it and the X's seem wrong.

Reaction Score
I think O's beat X's most every time. O's are very complete while X's have lots of loose ends. X's seem more athletic and O's seem a little overweight but when the O's get rolling, all the X's can hope to do is block. Just my opinion but the O's just have it and the X's seem wrong.
:D

Reaction Score

You should be a head coach at a top basketball power. Maybe when Coach K retires, they'll hire you instead of Wojo:p

Reaction Score

john, I think that we all loved this team, and see next season as a potential to get back to the lofty expectations like years past. We hope everyone will come back. Are you certain that ALL three of the above players will return? I am not, but I certainly hope so.

This program has been through so much crap lately, and we are going into next season in a conference without an official name. This won't matter as much if everyone comes back. Next year could bring this program back, under a new coach, rather quickly. It's kind of critical on many fronts to have a very good year. This year was great, but no one paid attention since we were ineligible. I think this is the basis for all of the posts that you mentioned. There's never a guarantee, but after the defections of last season, who knows? One of the three leaving is the difference between a so-so season and potentially a great one.

Reaction Score
Yeah, very interesting, only thing that seems easy to figure is that they'd both beat you

Reaction Score

No offense, dude, because you've been beating this drum for weeks, but someone who follows college basketball as closely as you should realize by now that the "logical" analyses of a kid's draft prospects as conducted on a message board often have no connection to what happens in real life.

Kids make decisions deemed "dumb" by couch warriors all the time - sometimes they end up sticking in the league as undrafted free agents, sometimes they disappear forever. But just because you happen to think it's a no-brainer that Shabazz, for example, comes back, does not make that a foregone conclusion in any sense. You don't have to look much farther than every single freaking draft to know that.

Reaction Score
I dont see how a fanbase can be so brutal on a kid who just put up 15 pts 5 assists and 3 boards as a sophomore when he could have walked away for greener pastures.

Reaction Score
I have been hard on Boatright. He could have left. My bad. As far as the boards, lots of bitterness, lots of supposed basketball knowledge with bad attitudes. Lots of petty attacking other boarders. Guess it was a hard year but we should do better.

Reaction Score
Dyson related question. Why is ok to hammer Dyson but not ok to say Boat dribbles too much and doesnt look up thus making him a less than good point guard.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Things haven't changed nearly as much as people think. The one common thread over the years is the one questioning the basketball IQ and value of other posters.

I do have one suggestion I'll share - use the "ignore" feature.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

I really want to hear Gus Johnson call this game.

"CIRCLE GETS THE SQUARE!!!"

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
This place fell apart when that guy nyhuskyfan left. What a brilliant mind and sharp wit. And handsome too!

I heard he lost his pluck and just could not get it back. His grit too, all gone. Dried up, washed out, done. Like a prune. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom