What happens to our seniors after this year? | The Boneyard

What happens to our seniors after this year?

Reaction Score
Do you see any as first rounders in the WNBA? making a team roster? Do you see any as even third team All Americans so far? Do they go overseas to make money and work on their game. Come back to UConn with the Covid extra year. Go in the portal and try and show better somewhere else? Unless I see more from Amari I would love for Dorka to come back, if I am correct she has one more year, even as a grad transfer already? Not sure you want to be relying on freshmen, except one like Paige. Bigs usually take time, think Tina Charles, and Steph. But lots of games left for them to show off their game. We will see.

Reaction Score
Do you see any as first rounders in the WNBA? making a team roster? Do you see any as even third team All Americans so far? Do they go overseas to make money and work on their game. Come back to UConn with the Covid extra year. Go in the portal and try and show better somewhere else? Unless I see more from Amari I would love for Dorka to come back, if I am correct she has one more year, even as a grad transfer already? Not sure you want to be relying on freshmen, except one like Paige. Bigs usually take time, think Tina Charles, and Steph. But lots of games left for them to show off their game. We will see.
Some intelligent WNBA coach will convert ONO and Dorka to Forwards and draft them between late 2 to mid 3 round. Evina is a more difficult one to put into a nice round slot. But I suspect late 3 round. She has been a good backup floor general but not consistent enough of a shooter to be a 2. I do believe all 3 will be a terrific "buy" for any team they end with. The growth, in college they could make, they have made. I do believe they could be terrific role players in the W. Williams is a real challenge. She has shown moments of taking over games. During those moment's she could be drafted first round, then for some unexplained reason she disappears. She's like the little girl with the curl in the middle of her forehead--when she's good she's very very good, when she is bad she is horrid!

Reaction Score
Both Evina and Christin have been projected first rounders. ONO is apparently more valuable defensively than many of us have considered before. She controls the paint pretty well even against top competition defensively.

Reaction Score
I see CWill as a 1st round pick. Can't speak for the others- maybe - maybe not. Too early.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
What happens is we wish them well in the next chapter in their lives, wave good bye, they wave back and we move on with the next group of players, closing this uninspired chapter of UConn history.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Olivia goes late first or early second round. EW late second or early third round. Christyn - hard to tell. I would think the chance that she ends up on someone's roster next year isn't high. She might end up playing overseas rather than the WNBA and hope to improve her game enough to find a spot in the W. And better than 50/50 that Dorka stays at UConn another year. She'll be in a much better position to get drafted high and have a WNBA ready game with another year under Geno. A good offer from a European team that gets her nearer to home might be too tempting to pass up.

Reaction Score
I'm sure the 3 (hopefully DJ stays for another year) will get drafted. I guess in this order, Williams late first, E late first to early 2nd and ONO 2nd round. Williams presents a dilemma but as well potential when looking into her possible WNBA future...inconsistent shooter but strong body, good size for a 2 and ability to get to the basket. She is the type of player that could average 8-12 points per game on the right team and could probably start for some teams in her 2nd year in the league. E is more a complementary guard who will be more of a rotation guard, able to get in the game and provide relief to the starting guards. ONO is a 4 in the WNBA and would be drafted for her defensive abilities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom