What happened with Akok? Did I miss something? | The Boneyard

What happened with Akok? Did I miss something?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Why didn’t he play except for a blink?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Twice he got 3pointers buried in his face because he didn't put a hand up.

He is Hurley"s current front court whipping boy for the quick hook.

Reaction Score
Twice he got 3pointers buried in his face because he didn't put a hand up.

He is Hurley"s current front court whipping boy for the quick hook.
I don’t think that’s really fair to Hurley. Akok has been getting torched on defense over and over this year. I know it has been in limited minutes, but his shot blocking timing is completely off and he doesn’t play physically otherwise.

Reaction Score
Give the kid a break. He doesn’t look the same since getting hurt. Just give him some time. Our bigs were a nonfactor bc they were very bad at switching on the pick and roll.

Reaction Score
He still looks a step behind, especially moving laterally. I think anything positive they get this year from him is a bonus for Hurley.
What concerns me is that he is not staying in front of his man and he's letting his shot block attempts get him out of position. He needs to be aggressive on defense, but can't let him be taking out of position by blocked shot attempts like Brimah did habitually.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Here's my perspective.

He needs to play and play through mistakes and hesitancy.

Unless there is still something medically wrong he won't gain confidence and play with confidence if he gets out on the pine every time he hesitates.

Cripes, every player on the team is being hesitant except Bouk. They all pass up good shots in rhythm.

Reaction Score
Here's my perspective.

He needs to play and play through mistakes and hesitancy.

Unless there is still something medically wrong he won't gain confidence and play with confidence if he gets out on the pine every time he hesitates.

Cripes, every player on the team is being hesitant except Bouk. They all pass up good shots in rhythm.

I’m not sure he can be out there Chin he’s not close physically yet. He can’t guard anyone, gets beat badly on D consistently when in. Last year pre injury after he got beat he was fast enough and athletic enough to block or change the shot from behind. This year you can see he’s too slow to recover. Hopefully he eventually gets back to himself but for now it’s tough to watch.

Reaction Score
My feeling is he would put up better numbers than Polley and be a similar defensive liability.
I get it if he is not physically ready but .....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley sees him every day in practice. We don’t. If Akok was doing awesome at practice then has an off minute or two in a game, I bet he would get more live chances. I’m betting that Akok is showing similar play throughout the week and he’s clearly not recovered yet. We did hear that it might take him a year to 18 months to truly recover from that injury

Reaction Score
Akok hit a 3 and showed us a move last week. Where was that?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Akok hit a 3 and showed us a move last week. Where was that?

He hit two. Also, I thought he blocked a 3 point shot yesterday. I’m not seeing the horrible D others see. I see him trying to cover when others get beat. He’s still very fast end to end. He was an absolutely ideal guy to play against Nova.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom