What great picture ... Doty is a hoot! | The Boneyard

What great picture ... Doty is a hoot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Doty.gif

By the way, is that the 5'7" Hartley standing next to Doty or is that the 5'9" Hartley?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
great picture. since Doty is 5'11" (i've met her and she is), do the math! :)

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
View attachment 259
By the way, is that the 5'7" Hartley standing next to Doty or is that the 5'9" Hartley?

That's Caroline -- an assistant coach, confined to the bench all of last year.

She's back on the court now, but still an assistant coach who clearly has Geno's trust.

What a wonderful picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Look closely over Geno's left shoulder and I believe you will see Breanna Stewart, at 6'3" or 6'4".

JS

Reaction Score
doty-gif.259

There's Breanna Stewart over Geno's other shoulder.

Hope she enjoyed the game.

JS

Reaction Score
Speaking of great pictures . . . [Courant]

I've got it!
Ha, ha, ha!!

66249753.jpg

Lift her, Kaleena!
Freshmen have to
look up to seniors!

66248932.jpg

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
doty-gif.259

And next to Bree (in the brown sweater) is Maya's Mom, Catherine Moore.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
That is a GREAT shot of Stef - there's a little Uconn v. Duke/Annnn-imal in that look (and in her game last night).

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Speaking of great pictures . . . [Courant]

66249753.jpg

....................................BWAHAHAHAHA ... Stop it! STOPP ITTTT!!! That tickles!!!

JS

Reaction Score
BWAHAHAHAHA ... Stop it! STOPP ITTTT!!! That tickles!!!
Good one.

I posted another pic a week or two ago showing Stef smiling as she made a play. Maybe she just has a particularly good-natured looking grimace, but I like to think she's a happy warrior.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Stef has never seen a camera that she doesn't like.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
doty-gif.259

Great catch there!! You know she enjoyed it - said to herself - They need more posts!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

I think Britney Griner and Baylor better play with a sense of urgency this year when they get to the Final Four, because next season that 6'4" freshman is going to line up next to Stef and make us darned near unstoppable by March/April 2013! :D

Actually, in fairness to Griner and her very good teammates (Sims is outstanding, and Destiny Williams is rebounding the ball like crazy) they will be an outstanding team in 2012-13 as well and I think it will be a titanic battle between UCONN and Baylor for the NC that year. Heck, after last night's game, I can't wait for THIS year's Baylor game! (I think Baylor is better than Stanford, though.)

JS

Reaction Score
You can also see Breanna here
I'm guessing you wrote some or all of that, Phil. In fact, that cat came out of the bag when you posted a sentence from there as a "Don't know where that came from" headline here.

But what's with the profile box on the right? It's written as though it's already a year from now (and she's playing guard).

Reaction Score
You can also see Breanna here
That toughness attitude what was missing last year.........CD makes the other players better by adding her grit to this team....Breanna was taking notes and will be ready to join this team next fall........OMG!!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I'm guessing you wrote some or all of that, Phil. In fact, that cat came out of the bag when you posted a sentence from there as a "Don't know where that came from" headline here.

But what's with the profile box on the right? It's written as though it's already a year from now (and she's playing guard).

Very observant. Many wikipedia editors think athlete should be in the pros to be notable, and reluctantly concede that some collage athletes meet the requirements. There are some standard templates to do the profile (called infoboxes). There's one for pros and one for NCAA athlete, with pre created categories. I have never built one form scratch, but I might be able to figure out how, or ask for one, but in either case, if I create an infobox or ask for one that is designed for high school players, it will raise some red flags that I don't want to raise.

I'm already in a battle to save a template for UConn players with 1000 rebounds. Some are arguing this isn't notable enough, so I want to keep a low profile on adding a high school student. Long story short, I shoe-horned her info into a template designed for a college player.

Yes, I had some of that information in my copy paste cache, when I thought I copied the headline I wrote.

Note to self: Never try to sneak something by JS

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I think Britney Griner and Baylor better play with a sense of urgency this year when they get to the Final Four, because next season that 6'4" freshman is going to line up next to Stef and make us darned near unstoppable by March/April 2013! :D

Actually, in fairness to Griner and her very good teammates (Sims is outstanding, and Destiny Williams is rebounding the ball like crazy) they will be an outstanding team in 2012-13 as well and I think it will be a titanic battle between UCONN and Baylor for the NC that year. Heck, after last night's game, I can't wait for THIS year's Baylor game! (I think Baylor is better than Stanford, though.)
This year is a golden opportunity for Baylor. I think they're clearly the best team in WCBB. Next season, they'll be right back in the thick of it, but UConn is going to be there with them. Griner will be unstoppable, and she has help as you've duly noted, but UConn will be overwhelmingly talented.

Imagine a starting five of Stef, Kelly, KML, Bria, and Doty coming at you...and knowing that, if he wanted to, Geno could bring a fresh five of Breanna, Kiah, Morgan, Banks, and Moriah. It's going to be really, really tough to contend with that.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Goin' up to Storrs to play the two best women's basketball teams in the country...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The guy over Brias shoulder in the white hat is me and the blue hat over Brias shoulder is Cferraro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom